Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

As usual Ezra gets it right.......

Started by Obvious Li, October 08, 2014, 05:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"this is a typical example of an apartheid justice system of preferential treatment based on race....which canada now has and i believe it is the last one anywhere in the world......no matter how well intentioned these idiots on the supreme court were...any child could have told them the results of their decision years before the evidence was in.....they are light years out of touch with reality

Do you know if preferential treatment when it comes to sentencing for Native-Canadians is working?

I mean is it helping to reduce the rate of recidivism among our Native population?

If it is working then why not incorporate it into the overall justice system?

anecdotally i can say it is definitely not working.....natives face little or no deterrent to commiting an endless array of crimes knowing full well their punishment will range from little to none...police no longer even charge natives for minor criminal offenses as it is a waste of their limited resources.... most native crime is native on native so you would think the native community would be the most critical.....not so.....very similar reaction regarding violence against aboriginal women you read so much about these days...no one in the native community wants to turn too many rocks over....it may reveal the truth

My brother is a policeman in a rural community in Manitoba..

Although he never gives specific details, he has seen many social problems..

We saw it ourselves this summer when we drove to Manitoba..

I don't know what the answer is, but some of the things I saw broke my heart.

ac_crying