Replies: 7353
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:00:28 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Retire in Spain

Started by caskur, May 02, 2024, 04:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: Herman on May 04, 2024, 11:35:38 PMIn the former Yugo? WTF?

Britt Lapthorne a 21 year old female backpacker and student from Melbourne, Australia went missing in Croatia after a night of partying back in September, 2008. Her body was recovered three week later in the sea in Croatia. It is believed. She was abducted and killed by members of gang.

And there are more...

https://total-croatia-news.com › news

Disappearances of 24000 Persons Reported in Last 23
11 May 2023 — Disappearances of 24,000 Persons Reported in Last 23 Years in Croatia ... Croatia's National Registry of Disappeared or
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Brent

QuoteThe US Department of State has placed Croatia as Travel Advisory Level 1 — the safest level.
https://travellemming.com/is-croatia-safe/

Brent

Nillions of Canadians and Americans go to Mexico every year and return home without any safety issues.

JOE

I might be interested in Spain avatar_caskur askur were it not for the lack of political stability in the region.

As you're well aware, Europe has been invaded many times throughout history.

Europeans are always looking over their shoulder for the presence of Russia.
They fear its comeback and the ramifications of their influence. Plus uncontrolled immigration and the threat of Islamic Extremism/Terrorism lurks there.

So...Spain might be a good place to visit, spend a few months of the year over there. But permanently, cutting ties with the home country? Don't think so.

caskur

Quote from: Brent on May 05, 2024, 12:27:04 PMhttps://travellemming.com/is-croatia-safe/

Don't believe everything you read.

24,000 missing is nothing to sneeze at.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: JOE on May 05, 2024, 03:17:26 PMI might be interested in Spain avatar_caskur askur were it not for the lack of political stability in the region.

As you're well aware, Europe has been invaded many times throughout history.

Europeans are always looking over their shoulder for the presence of Russia.
They fear its comeback and the ramifications of their influence. Plus uncontrolled immigration and the threat of Islamic Extremism/Terrorism lurks there.

So...Spain might be a good place to visit, spend a few months of the year over there. But permanently, cutting ties with the home country? Don't think so.

Yes... always visit first... she complained it was hot so I guess she means summer.

My cousin went there and spent quite a long time and so did my brother David who ran with the bulls.

My brother spent a long time in Spain because he hurt his back somewhere and got laid up in Spain...

My cousin ate plenty of Spanish omelettes because they were cheap and my husband Kurt went to Spain as well.

- Andy Warhol

Lokmar

Quote from: caskur on May 05, 2024, 11:15:59 AM3 Australians have been murdered in Mexico in the last year. As well as American tourists.

I have always wanted to go to Mexico. I like their art but these days there drug traffickers so Mexico I a no go area.

Yea, no fucking way I'd go there.

Lokmar

Quote from: Brent on May 05, 2024, 12:28:08 PMNillions of Canadians and Americans go to Mexico every year and return home without any safety issues.

No consolation for these people.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/three-bodies-found-area-where-australian-us-tourists-went-missing-sources-2024-05-03/

Then there's been the encroachment of cartels into tourist areas. I mean if your fukin head has to be on a swivel and getting robbed is always in the back of your mind as the LEAST of your worries, is it a vacation?
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Herman

JOE

Quote from: Herman on May 05, 2024, 06:55:19 PMZagreb is safer than Vancouver or Toronto.

Too many drugs in Vancouver.

Shen Li

Quote from: Herman on May 05, 2024, 06:55:19 PMZagreb is safer than Vancouver or Toronto.
Canadian cities have gone to the dogs.

Frood

Quote from: Lokmar on May 05, 2024, 03:27:49 PMYea, no fucking way I'd go there.

It's generally safe if you make friends with local families and don't do stupid shit. The friends will warn you when you're about to do dumb shit and what could happen.
Blahhhhhh...

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on May 05, 2024, 10:52:32 PMCanadian cities have gone to the dogs.

Vancouver has become such a joke avatar_Shen Li

It's now just one big construction pit where high priced condos shoot up like weeds.

It's becoming a really ugly city.

Kenny Sim seems like a Yes Man Developer disguised as our Mayor.

Rubber stamps everything the developers want.

Besides the drugs and social decay, Vancouver has become a mess.

I don't know why anyone would vote for a guy who's made our city into a permanent construction zone. The whole city has become an eyesore.

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on May 06, 2024, 12:14:15 AMVancouver has become such a joke avatar_Shen Li

It's now just one big construction pit where high priced condos shoot up like weeds.

It's becoming a really ugly city.

Kenny Sim seems like a Yes Man Developer disguised as our Mayor.

Rubber stamps everything the developers want.

Besides the drugs and social decay, Vancouver has become a mess.

I don't know why anyone would vote for a guy who's made our city into a permanent construction zone. The whole city has become an eyesore.
Every major city in Canada has the same problems. Mass homelessness, open use of hard drugs, rising crime rates, but city councils think more bike lanes are the cure for everything. Canada has become a joke.

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on May 06, 2024, 12:25:39 AMEvery major city in Canada has the same problems. Mass homelessness, open use of hard drugs, rising crime rates, but city councils think more bike lanes are the cure for everything. Canada has become a joke.

Plus they build so much under the pretence that they are combating homelessness, but the problem keeps getting worse, RE is at record unaffordability & rents are shooting through the roof. Pushing $3,000 per month in Vancouver for 1 BR.

I hears that Singapore has mostly got the housing problem licked and homelessness is minimal.

Is that correct avatar_Shen Li?