Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Bored of the stereotype

Started by ghost, October 10, 2014, 11:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeper

Quote from: "Keeper"Morning Ghost,

I think you are beautiful  ac_flower

Piss on the haters  ac_beating

Ohhh Keeper  ac_wub  Thank you very much for saying so, you are so kind and gentle I have no clue why we arnt married yet.  ac_blush

acc_angry

Renee

Quote from: "ghost"I've got to admit, I'm tired of the fat jokes. They were amusing at first, but now they're just irritating.

A certain mentally disturbed person here seems to think that he can counterattack anything I say by calling me 400 pounds. Of course if he had any real brains, he'd be able to actually hold a debate without resorting to the same old boring grade school insult.

I hear you Ghost, I get tired of the fat jokes too. But not because assholes resort to them but because they are generally so unimaginative and worn out. I've been fat all my life and I think I've heard just about all of them by now and many of them hundreds of times. Like you, I find them to be low brow, boring insults that were already stale back when I was in High School. It tells a very sad story when supposed adults still resort to schoolyard level name calling because they don't have the brains to respond with anything of substance. It only goes to show that far too many people in this world never mentally progress past the 8th grade.

As Shen already mentioned we are the same age and I have to say, you look fantastic. I applaud you for having the courage to put it all out there and use it as a big "fuck you" to the trolls and assholes that have been spreading rumors about you.

Well played.  ac_drinks
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

ghost

Quote from: "Keeper"

Ohhh Keeper  ac_wub  Thank you very much for saying so, you are so kind and gentle I have no clue why we arnt married yet.  ac_blush

acc_angry

Yep. It's a mystery alright. Why are you still single? lol

ghost

Quote from: "Renee"
I hear you Ghost, I get tired of the fat jokes too. But not because assholes resort to them but because they are generally so unimaginative and worn out. I've been fat all my life and I think I've heard just about all of them by now and many of them hundreds of times. Like you, I find them to be low brow, boring insults that were already stale back when I was in High School. It tells a very sad story when supposed adults still resort to schoolyard level name calling because they don't have the brains to respond with anything of substance. It only goes to show that far too many people in this world never mentally progress past the 8th grade.

As Shen already mentioned we are the same age and I have to say, you look fantastic. I applaud you for having the courage to put it all out there and use it as a big "fuck you" to the trolls and assholes that have been spreading rumors about you.

Well played.  ac_drinks

JK Rowling said it best.

"Fat' is usually the first insult a girl throws at another girl when she wants to hurt her.

I mean, is 'fat' really the worst thing a human being can be? Is 'fat' worse than 'vindictive', 'jealous', 'shallow', 'vain', 'boring' or 'cruel'? Not to me; but then, you might retort, what do I know about the pressure to be skinny? I'm not in the business of being judged on my looks, what with being a writer and earning my living by using my brain...

I went to the British Book Awards that evening. After the award ceremony I bumped into a woman I hadn't seen for nearly three years. The first thing she said to me? 'You've lost a lot of weight since the last time I saw you!'

'Well,' I said, slightly nonplussed, 'the last time you saw me I'd just had a baby.'

What I felt like saying was, 'I've produced my third child and my sixth novel since I last saw you. Aren't either of those things more important, more interesting, than my size?' But no – my waist looked smaller! Forget the kid and the book: finally, something to celebrate!

I've got two daughters who will have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me, because I don't want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emaciated clones; I'd rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny – a thousand things, before 'thin'. And frankly, I'd rather they didn't give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do. Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Pansy Parkinsons."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"

acc_angry

Jeezuz Keeps, you are the horniest toad on the entire interwebs. ac_razz

RW

ghost, you look great and you have a great ass!

I know I'll be called out for making weigh comments as I have been doing it as of late to a poster.  I've had struggles with my own weight issues which were more about perception than reality so I should make comment but I chose to anyway.  People's weight is a real non-issue for me but I can't stand when people pretend they are something they aren't.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"I've got to admit, I'm tired of the fat jokes. They were amusing at first, but now they're just irritating.

A certain mentally disturbed person here seems to think that he can counterattack anything I say by calling me 400 pounds. Of course if he had any real brains, he'd be able to actually hold a debate without resorting to the same old boring grade school insult.

Well played.  ac_drinks

All true Renee which is why I cannot post on VF without 2-3 rum mojitos in me. The lack of maturity is tough to read without the aid of alcohol. You may disagree, but the admin there has set the tone. If you are an adult and want to let your hair down and act like a retarded 10 year old, VF is the place for you.

Ghost,

Now that I think about it, you might want to consider deleting those pics. I regret posting pics, especially around that biatch Renee. She made fun of my ass. acc_angry

ghost

I think pretty much every single woman has had issues with their weight at one point or another. I've been bigger and I've been smaller. Right now, I still want to lose another 20lbs.

I just think there are so many more important things in the world than making fun of someone for their weight.

We all come in different shapes and sizes. The real way to judge a person's character is to see how they treat others. Yes, I've made a few good cracks at people in the past, I can be an asshole with the best of them. But I don't believe in judging others for their looks. Stupidity, yes, but looks, no.

In the whole scheme of things, we will be remembered for the things we say and do. At my father's funeral, many strangers came up to me and told me how kind my Dad was. How he always had a smile for everyone. How friendly he was. That's how I'd rather be remembered.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

ghost

Quote from: "Shen Li"
All true Renee which is why I cannot post on VF without 2-3 rum mojitos in me. The lack of maturity is tough to read without the aid of alcohol. You may disagree, but the admin there has set the tone. If you are an adult and want to let your hair down and act like a retarded 10 year old, VF is the place for you.

Ghost,

Now that I think about it, you might want to consider deleting those pics. I regret posting pics, especially around that biatch Renee. She made fun of my ass. acc_angry

I'm not worried. I'm in the public eye and there are a lot of pictures of myself on the internet. Lots of interviews too. Some of them are flattering, others make me want to curl up and cower. That's the sucky thing, you can't always control the images when you do events. Sadly, there are a bunch from when I had ankle surgery and was 40 pounds heavier.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"

Ghost,

I'm not worried. I'm in the public eye and there are a lot of pictures of myself on the internet. Lots of interviews too. Some of them are flattering, others make me want to curl up and cower. That's the sucky thing, you can't always control the images when you do events. Sadly, there are a bunch from when I had ankle surgery and was 40 pounds heavier.

Yeah, I know it's quite a bit different for you. For anyone else though, they should NOT keep pics up very long.

ghost

Yeah, I know it's quite a bit different for you. For anyone else though, they should NOT keep pics up very long.

True. We all know how obsessive Eddie is. He's got a folder on his computer with everyone's pictures so he has something to whack off to every night.

Anonymous

True. We all know how obsessive Eddie is. He's got a folder on his computer with everyone's pictures so he has something to whack off to every night.

I do NOT doubt this for one fucking second!!

Renee

Well played.  ac_drinks

JK Rowling said it best.

"Fat' is usually the first insult a girl throws at another girl when she wants to hurt her.

I mean, is 'fat' really the worst thing a human being can be? Is 'fat' worse than 'vindictive', 'jealous', 'shallow', 'vain', 'boring' or 'cruel'? Not to me; but then, you might retort, what do I know about the pressure to be skinny? I'm not in the business of being judged on my looks, what with being a writer and earning my living by using my brain...

I went to the British Book Awards that evening. After the award ceremony I bumped into a woman I hadn't seen for nearly three years. The first thing she said to me? 'You've lost a lot of weight since the last time I saw you!'

'Well,' I said, slightly nonplussed, 'the last time you saw me I'd just had a baby.'

What I felt like saying was, 'I've produced my third child and my sixth novel since I last saw you. Aren't either of those things more important, more interesting, than my size?' But no – my waist looked smaller! Forget the kid and the book: finally, something to celebrate!

I've got two daughters who will have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me, because I don't want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emaciated clones; I'd rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny – a thousand things, before 'thin'. And frankly, I'd rather they didn't give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do. Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Pansy Parkinsons."

I learned a long time ago by being involved in the size acceptance community that "fat" is not the evil word that many would like us to believe that it is. In reality it is just another descriptor no different than thin, tall, short, etc. It is only in how we perceive and relate to the word that it becomes the derogatory insult. Unfortunately old habits and prejudicial attitudes die hard in a society where "thin" is the overriding qualifier for female beauty. The sad an inescapable realities of our society is that "fat" women are viewed as damaged goods, broken individuals and undeserving of equal treatment socially and economically. Historically these are perceptions based on stereotypes put forth by the media, the medical community the government and a whole host of other cultural entities. This is an inescapable truth and I don't see it getting any better any time soon.

The saddest part is that most of these perceptions are untrue. I really don't think anyone here thinks of me as broken or damaged anymore than the next person but if they were to meet me face to face without knowing who I am, I am willing to bet that most people here would view and treat me very differently. I'm not saying everyone would but I could almost name all the names of the individuals on these forums that would view me with the stereotypical perceptions that most people have toward fat women.

I too have daughters and I worry constantly as a parent that whether or not I did enough to instill a sense of self worth in them so that they do not fall into the appearance obsession trap. I pray all the time they will understand and accept the concept that who they are is much more than just a dress size or numbers on a scale. I especially worry about my oldest daughter in this. She is so much like me in appearance and genetic tendencies that it is frightening but she is much more sensitive than I am or ever was. I'm worry that for her, resisting the societal pressures to conform to an unrealistic body image will be especially hard.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

My daughter is so comfortable in her skin that it inspires me to be more comfortable in mine.
Beware of Gaslighters!