Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Any suggestions for a new name for the merged forum

Started by Anonymous, October 13, 2014, 06:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

We have some creative minds here, so please offer your suggestions for the new merged forum between ACC and Ourforum..

The only one I could think of is so corny I am embarrassed to mention it.

ac_blush

cc

If it had  blue or frost(y) in it .. that would be nice

I'm not suggesting it but wanted to mention what I always thought when I went there  ... that the name he chose, "OUR Forum", was reflective of bluey's fine and giving nature. He could have made it about him, but bluey, one of my favorite people,  doesn't think that way.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Obvious Li

i vote for Romper Room........or  The Blue Room....... ac_wot  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"If it had  blue or frost(y) in it .. that would be nice

I'm not suggesting it but wanted to mention what I always thought when I went there  ... that the name he chose, "OUR Forum", was reflective of bluey's fine and giving nature. He could have made it about him, but bluey, one of my favorite people,  doesn't think that way.

If it happens, I would like it to have Blue's handle in the title too.

Anonymous

Forums are easier for people to find and to join when their name is at least somewhat reflective of their content or atmosphere.

For example:

Discover Vancouver

Vancouver Forum

Asian Canadian Corner

While the name of Blue Frost's forum is heartwarming, it does little to suggest its nature.

I imagine it would not be too difficult to merge the two forums as they have a lot of members in common.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"If it had  blue or frost(y) in it .. that would be nice

If it happens, I would like it to have Blue's handle in the title too.
Magic Munday may have hit it on the nose " The Blue Room"

Chickenfeets

"The Blue Room"... right across the hall from "Pink Heat."  ac_unsure

"The Blue Lounge" would sound better.

Or maybe, given the occasionally feisty and pugilistic repartee, "The Blue Corner."

Or how 'bout "Happy Blue's Bar"? (you know, where everyone knows your name?)

Or, then again, could be called "The Right Place" (if you're there at the right time, that is).

Perhaps "The Blue Oasis"?

Or just "Oasis Li"?

I also sorta like "Blue Dog River's"... where the cussy convos flow.

Maybe "The Cyan Pearl"?

Or "The Azure East"?

Hey! What about "Pappy Blue's" (with a nod to Roger Whittaker)?

Anonymous

Frosty has some cute suggestions for names. Frosted Flakes anyone? Frost Over Canada?

Obvious Li

how about...Code Blue...that way it could direct people to the various medical conditions we will need to brush up on to be part of the conversation there...... acc_devil  ac_dance

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"how about...Code Blue...that way it could direct people to the various medical conditions we will need to brush up on to be part of the conversation there...... acc_devil  ac_dance

Frosty has some serious medical issues as a result of an industrial accident.

cc

Renee

Quote from: "Obvious Li"how about...Code Blue...that way it could direct people to the various medical conditions we will need to brush up on to be part of the conversation there...... acc_devil  ac_dance

Is it wrong that I lol'd at this? ac_umm

I know; I'm going to hell.  ac_blush
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.