Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The insanity continues.....pandering lefties

Started by Obvious Li, October 15, 2014, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The Quebec daycare plan is now 3 times the cost to taxpayers(Albertans) they originally said it would be. The real cost is more than $52/day not the list price. Not to mention that the program is flawed from top to bottom with unethical if not outright illegal activity. It is totally unsustainable which is why it has not been copied by any other jurisdiction on the continent.

The other thing is that daycare is a provincial area not federal. I know Mulcair will NEVER be pm, so he can get away with these empty promises.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"creeping statism.....i am no longer sure in which decade we decided to ask the state to provide for our every need...i don't recall hearing any politician in power saying they would ask the civil service to start sending cheques to everyone....well maybe Fidel Trudeau but that's about it.......creepy

Well how about Harper and his bullshit $100/kid under 6 for "child care flexibility"?  It didn't matter if you made $1 or $1 million dollars a year, you could apply for this child care grant whether you needed it or not.  That solved absolutely nothing and was a huge waste of money.

It's a very Singaporesque solution. Cut out the unionized snivel serpent bureaucracy and give transfers directly to the individual. I don't agree with universality, but hey that is Canadian tradition.

RW

I'd rather they keep the money frankly because it's good for pretty much fuck all.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I'd rather they keep the money frankly because it's good for pretty much fuck all.

Then you should donate it to someone you know who can use it...problem solved!

RW

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"Okay Munday, let's jump off from the 70s and have you tell us what has changed to get us to this place?

well if i listed all the differences (negative) it would take pages....so i will try to keep it short and mention two or three differences.....

1. Taxes..when i first started working there were only two payroll deductions and they were so insignificant no one ever even talked about them...wages were low so after deductions average people never actually paid any income taxes (or very little)......they got to keep what they earned

2. Govt. regulations...govt has fully intruded into every facet of our lives.....if you make $80K annually and taxes account for 45%.....regulations, taxes (gst./pst.) and fees account for another 30-35%.....leaving 20% to cover food, shelter, clothing, transportation etc......if you were to factor in the extra cost of a house, vehicle, furnishings etc. resulting from stupid safety and code requirements it would take another huge chunk of the remainder......so you are beat before you start the year....there is no way to get ahead. The govt. has insured the average citizen will always fall short of reaching the elusive "middle class"..pre 1970 everyone could reach the middle class plateau with marginal effort.

3. Debt...pre 1970 debt was an anathema...nobody had credit cards and rarely mortgages and the banks were very particular who they loaned money to....it was absolutely common to see families with the parents in their 50's who had never owned a new car...simply out of the question unless you could pay cash..recreational toys were for the wealthy...new furniture was bought as you could afford it...if not then used would have to do..  

in other words the differences come in the form of more govt. more govt and more govt......and a different attitude.........people have become so lazy and complacent they accept the govt. stealing from them without complaint...in return they demand higher wages which does no good...50k, 80k 100k...what difference does it make when most of it if stolen from you......if one working parent got to keep 80% of what they earned then i posit one working parent in a family would be enough and the other could look after their kids and not have to spend most of the second wage on daycare.......

more later.......

So lower taxes and impede borrowing.  Gotcha.

A bit of an aside, but credit card companies should get slapped for usury.  Let's call it what it is.  I agree that it's very easy to get into debt these days.

Now we both know, taxes aren't going to go down unless they are re-applied in some other form elsewhere.  What's your solution for that?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"I'd rather they keep the money frankly because it's good for pretty much fuck all.

It shouldn't be sent in the first place.  I cringe at what the cost of processing is alone for that bullshit.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

It shouldn't be sent in the first place.  I cringe at what the cost of processing is alone for that bullshit.

Universality, right or wrong is the Canadian way.

How much does it cost to donate to someone you know you feel is deserving? I would think it is a short bike ride/walk where you live, unlike in Edmonton.

RW

I donate all the time both my time and money.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I donate all the time both my time and money.

Good for you RW. I always figured you as not being one of those hypocritical lefties who says one thing and does the opposite.

You actually walk the talk which is why you have my respect. ac_drinks

Obvious Li

Good for you RW. I always figured you as not being one of those hypocritical lefties who says one thing and does the opposite.

You actually walk the walk which is why you have my respect. ac_drinks

i love you princess but you are a terrible judge of character....like a 100% failure rate..... :howdy:

RW

i love you princess but you are a terrible judge of character....like a 100% failure rate..... :howdy:

I couldn't disagree more.  See Fash for details.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I couldn't disagree more.  See Fash for details.

Fash is a bleeding heart, RELIGIOUS fucking liberal. She's your biggest fan, so you put up with her leftist asskissing BS.  acc_angry

RW

She's a beautiful human regardless of which way she leans :P
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

ac_doofus
Quote from: "Real Woman"She's a beautiful human regardless of which way she leans :P

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"ac_doofus
Quote from: "Real Woman"She's a beautiful human regardless of which way she leans :P

princess...who is Tim Grover and what is he about..????..just another body filing a space ????