Replies: 10360
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:55:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Why Western-Style Democracy Sux

Started by Anonymous, October 19, 2014, 02:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"What a great point you didn't intend to make. People without your "skin in the game", the unemployed and those who don't own property are not restricted from driving, serving in the army, jury duty, and law enforcement.

Canadians have the constitutional right to do all that and the right to vote. Having the right to vote isn't quite the same as being some drunk driver.

oh I had every intention of making that point and I knew you would take the bait. Try getting into the army or cops without ever holding a job? NEXT APPLICANT Please.

I know we in the West with the best of intentions have made a huge error by giving the right to vote to those who have not earned it. Choosing how our money is spent and our laws are the most decisions that can be made. We force people to pass a test to drive a car, but not vote. We make sure people who enforce our laws are qualified to carry out their duties, but we set no benchmark for those who select our lawmakers. We disqualify people from serving on juries for mental problems or convictions, but we allow those same people to decide the fate of our finances.

Just about everything has standards except the most important one at all...deciding how and how much of our money is spent. This is outdated.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Romero"That's kind of you! A lot nicer than some people who egotistically and selfishly believe they can take away the rights of others.

what rights??? .....voting is an earned privilege.....not a right........if you do not contribute it only makes sense you can't be part of the decision making process of govt.......get a grip homy.... ac_beating

Your buddy Homy is completely ignorant on how voting rights were originally designed to work.

He doesn't realize that what we have today is the result of political pandering on the part of career politicians who will do anything to remain connected to the political trough. He thinks just because you draw breath you should automatically given the power of the vote. Here in the US we have reached a tipping point where people who contribute nothing or next to nothing have realized that they can vote themselves more than their fair share of the pie. The election disaster that saw voting along racial lines in 2008 and 2012 was a direct result of voting rights/privileges gone horribly wrong. Unfortunately it is too late to be put right as it was originally intended.

We all know this Renee including Romero.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"Your buddy Homy is completely ignorant on how voting rights were originally designed to work.

Oh, I'm quite well aware of how there have been and still are those who believe certain people they don't like shouldn't have the right to vote. But it doesn't work that way in a modern democracy. Women didn't have the right to vote. Shall we bring that back?

If you don't like democracy, equality, freedom and liberty then just say so. Don't bother arguing that democracy, equality, freedom and liberty weren't "originally designed" to work the way they're supposed to.

You guys aren't any better or more entitled than the average American or Canadian. Aw, reality can be such a mean bitch some times. Stop being such poor losers. You haven't lost anything. I'm terribly sorry you're nothing special. Want a blankie?  

Quote from: "Renee"The election disaster that saw voting along racial lines in 2008 and 2012 was a direct result of voting rights/privileges gone horribly wrong.

There's that white privilege again! How dare they vote for a black man! You did not approve but they did it anyway!

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"oh I had every intention of making that point and I knew you would take the bait. Try getting into the army or cops without ever holding a job? NEXT APPLICANT Please.

Don't bother trying to claim you baited me. Being currently unemployed is not a restriction for joining the army or police. Having little work experience or qualifications is completely different from just being unemployed. The unemployed are in no way restricted from driving, serving in the army, jury duty, and law enforcement. That's a fact.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Renee"Your buddy Homy is completely ignorant on how voting rights were originally designed to work.

Oh, I'm quite well aware of how there have been and still are those who believe certain people they don't like shouldn't have the right to vote. But it doesn't work that way in a modern democracy. Women didn't have the right to vote. Shall we bring that back?

If you don't like democracy, equality, freedom and liberty then just say so. Don't bother arguing that democracy, equality, freedom and liberty weren't "originally designed" to work the way they're supposed to.

You guys aren't any better or more entitled than the average American or Canadian. Aw, reality can be such a mean bitch some times. Stop being such poor losers. You haven't lost anything. I'm terribly sorry you're nothing special. Want a blankie?  

Quote from: "Renee"The election disaster that saw voting along racial lines in 2008 and 2012 was a direct result of voting rights/privileges gone horribly wrong.

There's that white privilege again! How dare they vote for a black man! You did not approve but they did it anyway!

Typical leftard blather. As soon as your ridiculously namby-pamby view of the world is challenged you fall back on your default mantra of crying racism and accusing people of hate. Get some new material because no one is listening any longer.

Do you really think that creating whole voting blocks of people whose only purpose is to vote for the candidates or party that promise them more free shit and more handouts is good for society? Do you think those who wrote the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms or the US Constitution wanted voting rights to be used as the political perversion they are today? If so you are a bigger fool than any of us could have ever dreamed.

Oh and BTW, it wasn't voting for a black man that was bad, it was the reason a black man was voted for that I and anyone with a brain or an ounce of integrity objects to. Most of the nitwits who voted for Obama voted for him solely for his race. If you think that's okay then you and all your sickening leftist ilk need to shoot yourselves in the face. So don't give me this "white privilege" shit unless of course you like looking like a complete race baiting moron.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"

what rights??? .....voting is an earned privilege.....not a right........if you do not contribute it only makes sense you can't be part of the decision making process of govt.......get a grip homy.... ac_beating

Your buddy Homy is completely ignorant on how voting rights were originally designed to work.

He doesn't realize that what we have today is the result of political pandering on the part of career politicians who will do anything to remain connected to the political trough. He thinks just because you draw breath you should automatically given the power of the vote. Here in the US we have reached a tipping point where people who contribute nothing or next to nothing have realized that they can vote themselves more than their fair share of the pie. The election disaster that saw voting along racial lines in 2008 and 2012 was a direct result of voting rights/privileges gone horribly wrong. Unfortunately it is too late to be put right as it was originally intended.

We all know this Renee including Romero.

I know it, you know it and OL knows it but Romero?????

You better look again.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Chickenfeets

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Plato's The Republic.

Get some.

The 4 books and 5 classics, you get some Blurt.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Do you really think that creating whole voting blocks of people whose only purpose is to vote for the candidates or party that promise them more free shit and more handouts is good for society? Do you think those who wrote the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms or the US Constitution wanted voting rights to be used as the political perversion they are today? If so you are a bigger fool than any of us could have ever dreamed.

Oh and BTW, it wasn't voting for a black man that was bad, it was the reason a black man was voted for that I and anyone with a brain or an ounce of integrity objects to. Most of the nitwits who voted for Obama voted for him solely for his race. If you think that's okay then you and all your sickening leftist ilk need to shoot yourselves in the face. So don't give me this "white privilege" shit unless of course you like looking like a complete race baiting moron.

At the end of the day, universal suffrage means leaving the rule of the land and the people's money to the ignorant masses.

Anonymous

Of the fundamental rights - the right to vote, the freedom of speech, religion and press etc - the right to vote is the least important. Free speech occured long before universal suffrage, as did freedom of press and religion. Even little kids have the right to free speech, but not the right to vote.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Of the fundamental rights - the right to vote, the freedom of speech, religion and press etc - the right to vote is the least important. Free speech occured long before universal suffrage, as did freedom of press and religion. Even little kids have the right to free speech, but not the right to vote.

In the 1970's and 80's in Taiwan, one  had free speech as long as it was not critical of the KMT..

Taiwan had freedom of the press too as long as it did not report anything negative of the KMT..

Taiwanese could vote for anyone too then as long as it was the KMT.

ac_unsure

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Of the fundamental rights - the right to vote, the freedom of speech, religion and press etc - the right to vote is the least important. Free speech occured long before universal suffrage, as did freedom of press and religion. Even little kids have the right to free speech, but not the right to vote.

In the 1970's and 80's in Taiwan, one had free speech as long as it was not critical of the KMT..

Taiwan had freedom of the press too as long as it did not report anything negative of the KMT..

ac_unsure

sounds good to me ....and coincidentally my initials are KMT...... ac_beating

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

In the 1970's and 80's in Taiwan, one had free speech as long as it was not critical of the KMT..

ac_unsure

sounds good to me ....and coincidentally my initials are KMT...... ac_beating

ac_toofunny

Chickenfeets

Get some.

Yes, I've read those, too, Shen (field of study was Asian religion and Western philosophy, remember?).

But I expect they're not as familiar to Western readers as is The Republic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"

Get some.

Yes, I've read those, too, Shen (field of study was Asian religion and Western philosophy, remember?).

But I expect they're not as familiar to Western readers as is The Republic.

I don't give a flying fuck what you've fucking read, you waste of fucking skin. Westerners are ideological while we are pragmatic. This would explain why you would rather see your fellow Canadians die at the hands of the vile ideology called Islam than surrender your illogical Western leftist dogma.

GET CANCER AND FUCKING DIE YOU USELESS WASTE OF FUCKING SKIN!! ac_beating