News:

SMF - Just Installed!

 

The best topic

*

Replies: 8048
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:20:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

avatar_caskur

OLD AGE

Started by caskur, June 06, 2024, 09:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Shen Li

I will be 40 September 23. I am not looking forward to my next birthday.

caskur

Quote from: Shen Li on June 07, 2024, 12:31:21 AMI will be 40 September 23. I am not looking forward to my next birthday.

40 up to 60 is fine... don't waste those years though... make money in those years because old age goes on for 20 more painful years after that and if you want to survive them comfortably, start thinking now.

I tell flea and Dovey all the time..... dont waste your forties.
Informative Informative x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Garraty_47 on June 06, 2024, 11:48:03 AMThere's a flaw in the basic premise of that proposition.

For the question "too old for what?" there's a sliding scale of answers.

It's not one-size-fits-all even for individuals.

*snif*snif*

Smells like social media clickbait nonsense.

I thought of the question, it wasn't click bait. When a person retires or close to retirement, they have to plan ahead. The gov. have upped retirement age where I live and its really dumb because office Johnies can work forever but builders can't.
Informative Informative x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Elderly office Johnnie's are avoided like the plague by younger generations.
Informative Informative x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: caskur on June 09, 2024, 02:26:49 AMI thought of the question, it wasn't click bait. When a person retires or close to retirement, they have to plan ahead. The gov. have upped retirement age where I live and its really dumb because office Johnies can work forever but builders can't.
People must pay themselves first by putting aside money for their retirement years. Joe didn't and he is seventy and destitute.

Shen Li

Quote from: caskur on June 09, 2024, 02:16:42 AM40 up to 60 is fine... don't waste those years though... make money in those years because old age goes on for 20 more painful years after that and if you want to survive them comfortably, start thinking now.

I tell flea and Dovey all the time..... dont waste your forties.
BULLSEYE!!

caskur

Quote from: DKG on June 09, 2024, 11:13:55 AMPeople must pay themselves first by putting aside money for their retirement years. Joe didn't and he is seventy and destitute.

My way of building fortune was to pay off my mortgages 15 years in advance..  as well as putting aside money but the second option was forced on us in the way of compulsory superannuation payments of 9%....lol


I like real estate... it's safe and consistent where I live.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: DKG on June 09, 2024, 11:13:55 AMPeople must pay themselves first by putting aside money for their retirement years. Joe didn't and he is seventy and destitute.

I have $100,000 I was looking to invest avatar_DKG DKG.

Unfortunately you won't be getting any of it. Since you turn your nose up at it,  I'll take my business elsewhere.

Lesson 4 U: Dont bite the hand that feeds you DKG.