Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

D

Microsoft goes all in on bundling spyware for Windows 11

Started by disgustapated, June 09, 2024, 06:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: knows things on June 12, 2024, 05:43:52 AMI caught something similar in the 9/11 coverage... a journalist reporting on the collapse of WTC building 7... 20 minutes before it actually fell. No shit, it was in frame behind the journo for the entire live cross. Had I been quicker off the mark, I might have loaded a tape in the VCR.

The one that really got me though was the footage of George Bush reading to the class. I'll never forget the visceral reaction I had when the aide leaned in to inform George of the news. Seeing Bush's eye movements... I thought "you bastard... you knew this was coming. The "archival footage" that's on the public record now... I don't believe it's the same. I've seen it surface a few times and his reaction is not the same as I remember watching it live on television.

But hey, when you gotta lie your way into a war, you gotta lie your way into a war, right? Right.
I remember that too. He did not have the look of a man totally stunned by such devastating news.

And he stayed there through storytime. Your country is under attack and you don't want to scare 25 kids in a classroom by abruptly getting up and leaving when there's a crisis of this magnitude going on? Bullshit.

he knew it was controlled and had been carefully protracted and therefore had no need of a sense of urgency
Informative Informative x 1 View List

knows things

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on June 12, 2024, 03:29:37 PMI remember that too. He did not have the look of a man totally stunned by such devastating news.

And he stayed there through storytime. Your country is under attack and you don't want to scare 25 kids in a classroom by abruptly getting up and leaving when there's a crisis of this magnitude going on? Bullshit.

he knew it was controlled and had been carefully protracted and therefore had no need of a sense of urgency
Pretty much. Which cast everything that came after in a wholly different light than the media was attempting to push. I opened my eyes a good deal wider after that night, so to speak. I mean fuck Michael Moore documentaries, I went full on Dylan Avery with that shit. Dug deep, came up with answers that made a lot of people very hurt and angry.

Heh, I was talking with an owner of one of the BDSM clubs in New York after the fact. A 1%-er... he told me some of the crazy shit that was going down in NY in the aftermath. Like the time police pulled him over, ostensibly to search his car under the pretext of his being a potential terroriist. During the ensuing search, he was instructed to sound his horn. According to the officer, reports of car bombs being wired to car horns were a thing.

The club owner looked over at the bridge support he was parked next to... for one of the bridges crossing the Hudson and commented "are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Just do it" came the reply.

I've said it before... people are stupid. Or complicit. Either way it doesn't matter, the end result is still the same.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: knows things on June 12, 2024, 04:39:27 PMPretty much. Which cast everything that came after in a wholly different light than the media was attempting to push. I opened my eyes a good deal wider after that night, so to speak. I mean fuck Michael Moore documentaries, I went full on Dylan Avery with that shit. Dug deep, came up with answers that made a lot of people very hurt and angry.

Heh, I was talking with an owner of one of the BDSM clubs in New York after the fact. A 1%-er... he told me some of the crazy shit that was going down in NY in the aftermath. Like the time police pulled him over, ostensibly to search his car under the pretext of his being a potential terroriist. During the ensuing search, he was instructed to sound his horn. According to the officer, reports of car bombs being wired to car horns were a thing.

The club owner looked over at the bridge support he was parked next to... for one of the bridges crossing the Hudson and commented "are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Just do it" came the reply.

I've said it before... people are stupid. Or complicit. Either way it doesn't matter, the end result is still the same.

911 was no different than pearl harbor in my mind. They needed to rally Americans to a cause and those buildings were aging and had already outlived their usefulness in terms of profitability -- it was time to light the proverbial match and launch an insurance claim.

and that's exactly what they did.. and scarified 3000 lives in the process... but hey, 20 years later Afghanistan got 89 billion in advanced weaponry to use against us whenever it is that our young boys are forced to meet them once again on the sandy battlefields of a place they know nothing about.

JOE

So getting back onto topic avatar_Biggie Smiles Bigly & @knows things, what in your opinions are the best, most user friendly Linux distros as an alternative to Windows?

knows things

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on June 12, 2024, 04:48:14 PM911 was no different than pearl harbor in my mind. They needed to rally Americans to a cause and those buildings were aging and had already outlived their usefulness in terms of profitability -- it was time to light the proverbial match and launch an insurance claim.
And to loot all the gold reserves out from the vaults beneath. Or so the eyewitness accounts have it. The subway tunnels were used to transport that entire store of wealth out with an armed cordon to keep nosy civilians from getting too close. And who knows where it went? Not me, that's for sure.

I can't speak with any authority in terms of the profitability of the buildings themselves, but everything else you've mentioned is pretty much bang on the money. There was a memo circulating the upper echelons of the military within a week that was basically a laundry list of nations in the Middle East the US were going to declare war on. Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Iran... I forget the others, but the list was somewhere around a dozen names that the US military brass were going to use 9/11 as the pretext to go in all guns blazing.

Displacing the persons in said countries to go.... well, you can guess where.

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on June 12, 2024, 04:48:14 PM20 years later Afghanistan got 89 billion in advanced weaponry to use against us whenever it is that our young boys are forced to meet them once again on the sandy battlefields of a place they know nothing about.
Pittance, all things considered, though I'm sure the Afghani warlords were stoked as fuck for the resale price they got from Vladimir Putin for their largesse. Essentially making Joe Bidet guilty of funding both sides of the Russo/Ukraine fracas. Funny, if it were Trump doing it then the media would be shrieking for his immediate castration.

Quote from: JOE on June 13, 2024, 12:44:01 AMSo getting back onto topic avatar_Biggie Smiles Bigly & @knows things, what in your opinions are the best, most user friendly Linux distros as an alternative to Windows?
I'm not repeating myself, fuckhead. If you couldn't read my post the first time around I'm not inclined to keep smashing your oblong melon into the sink to shake the map of Thiel's cum out of your eyeballs.

Oliver the Second

Linux Mint was always the easiest for me to setup and use. If I remember correctly it's from France so it can skirt US copyright law and install all the graphics and media drivers you need. Sometimes other versions make you hunt them down.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview