The best topic

Replies: 8346
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:11:20 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by caskur

Climate change isn't just going to kill us all, it is also sexist and misogynistic

Started by DKG, June 10, 2024, 06:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: Herman on June 11, 2024, 09:51:20 PMNatural gas is actually renewable. It does not come from dinosaurs the way lying progs say it does.

yep... I agree. And also Western Australia finds gas and caps it and 20 years ago we were told we have gas reserves that will never run out.

Plus we have in Oz more than 25% of the worlds Uranium.

But its not about us, its about our CRUCIAL eco system as Joe pointed out... without one, we won't eat.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: caskur on June 12, 2024, 02:44:03 AMyep... I agree. And also Western Australia finds gas and caps it and 20 years ago we were told we have gas reserves that will never run out.

Plus we have in Oz more than 25% of the worlds Uranium.

But its not about us, its about our CRUCIAL eco system as Joe pointed out... without one, we won't eat.
At least you LNG export facilities. We will have one and Justine says there is no business case for more. What an idiot.

caskur

Quote from: Herman on June 12, 2024, 10:17:04 PMAt least you LNG export facilities. We will have one and Justine says there is no business case for more. What an idiot.

It has to be saved for the next generations...if you put out an over supply then the price goes down now and people will be wasteful.

They have a long term strategy...

Buying now might be cheaper for Canada rather than extracting it. I don't know, I am not running for Canadian government.

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: caskur on June 13, 2024, 01:30:20 AMIt has to be saved for the next generations...if you put out an over supply then the price goes down now and people will be wasteful.

They have a long term strategy...

Buying now might be cheaper for Canada rather than extracting it. I don't know, I am not running for Canadian government.

Canada has a nearly inexhaustible supply of liquefied natural gas. We are losing billions each week we do not have export facilities. We are losing market share to countries like Australia and Qatar. This one of the main reasons this country's living standards are declining.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: DKG on June 13, 2024, 06:37:42 AMCanada has a nearly inexhaustible supply of liquefied natural gas. We are losing billions each week we do not have export facilities. We are losing market share to countries like Australia and Qatar. This one of the main reasons this country's living standards are declining.

You won't get anything for it. You will just flood the market...

We are selling our natural gas cheaper than it should be. Countries are broke and can't afford us so I can assure you they won't be able to afford you either.

It not as simple as you think.

As I said, your gas isn't going anywhere... it'll still be there 10, 20, 100 years from now.

- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: caskur on June 13, 2024, 07:34:18 AMYou won't get anything for it. You will just flood the market...

We are selling our natural gas cheaper than it should be. Countries are broke and can't afford us so I can assure you they won't be able to afford you either.

It not as simple as you think.

As I said, your gas isn't going anywhere... it'll still be there 10, 20, 100 years from now.

Dead wrong. We aint getting anything for it now, by only having one customer-the USA. We are getting a fraction of the global price because our natural gas cannot reach international markets and prices.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: Herman on June 13, 2024, 08:38:11 PMDead wrong. We aint getting anything for it now, by only having one customer-the USA. We are getting a fraction of the global price because our natural gas cannot reach international markets and prices.

Having a customer that is over 300 million strong is nothing to sneeze at...

Stop misery gutzing ffs

Every country can Tap into their own gas.

I am not wrong.... just so you know!!!

And Canada has a gold mine in my state...

So I wouldn't be complaining about other countries selling gas when Canada is mining in other countries.

You have your own Petrol as well that you export.

- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: Herman on June 13, 2024, 08:38:11 PMDead wrong. We aint getting anything for it now, by only having one customer-the USA. We are getting a fraction of the global price because our natural gas cannot reach international markets and prices.
Precisely. This is exactly what bills C-69 and C-49 have done.

The completed TMX 2 pipeline is already getting higher prices now that we are not at the mercy of only one export market. No more discounted Western Canadian Select pricing for oil shipped in the twinned pipeline.

It is the same with LNG. The US gets higher prices for LNG shipped from Freeport Texas overseas than Canada gets from LNG pipelines to the US.

Lack of international markets for Canadian oil and gas has robs this country of tens of billions of dollars every year.

caskur

- Andy Warhol

caskur

Just what I thought... Canada isn't tooled up to extract all its gas nor can it refine its own oil..

"What is the problem with the oil industry in Canada?

Canada has long suffered from insufficient pipeline capacity, a problem that would re-emerge if Western oil production continued at its expected 2024 pace of growth. This pace would push exportable volumes up against new total pipeline capacity potentially by the end of 2025/early-2026.7 Mar 2024"

It costs an absolute fortune to tool up.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

And your Canadian Oil

Canadian Oil problems

Although Canada is one of the largest oil producers and exporters in the world, it also imports significant amounts of oil into its eastern provinces since its oil pipelines do not extend all the way across the country and many of its oil refineries cannot handle the types of oil its oil fields produce."

Now having said that they are closing our Kwinana oil refinery because it's an aging refinery and it's costing too much to repair.

"People also ask
Is Kwinana refinery closing down?

A shock announcement. In 2022, Alcoa estimated the Kwinana plant was injecting $161 million in salaries, wages and benefits into the WA economy. The company blamed the age, scale and operating costs of the refinery for the closure, along with low-grade ore and current market conditions. 9 Jan 2024"
- Andy Warhol