The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Acquiring Bitcon or Crypto without paying for it

Started by JOE, June 15, 2024, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

knows things

Quote from: Oliver the Second on June 18, 2024, 08:38:49 PMWarren Buffet said to never invest in something you don't understand and I don't understand how Crypto can have any value when it has nothing backing it up.
Right, and the US dollar used to be backed up by a store of wealth in gold before it switched over to the petrodollar. Thanks to Biden's mismanagement you cannot rely on even that to back up the greenback now, or indeed any currency that employs the greenback as a reserve currency.

People still use it though, don't they? Bitcoin is no different in that respect. Any tradeable token you care to name is worth whatever people agree it to be worth.

And with governments around the globe saber rattling about going to a cashless society in the form of central digital banking currencies (which are essentially state operated bitcoins), it would make sense for them to scare the smaller investor away from any competing currency that the state does not control in order for the state to maintain its hegemony over your finances.

The day is approaching where I shall be able to say "I told you so".
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview