The best topic

Replies: 9981
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:27:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Canada Day 2024-Are You Still Proud Of What Your Country Has Become?

Started by Shen Li, June 30, 2024, 12:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formosan

too old to be a fashionista

formosan

Quote from: Shen Li on June 30, 2024, 12:41:59 PMI arrived yesterday for a two and a half week stay. After living in a rich country with transparent government and equal application of the law, Canada seems so third worldish to me.

There is litter, graffiti, drug use, and homelessness everywhere. The mass transit systems in urban centres look like travelling homeless shelters. People live in fear of crime. Most Canadians are 1 or 2 paycheques away from being unhoused. There is little opportunity and hope for younger Canadians to have better living standards than their parents.

Then there is the slippery slope towards authoritarianism that True Dope has put this country on. I never thought when we immigrated to Canada that something like C-59 would pass, but it did. That is Nicholas Maduro type legislation.

So Canadians, your country is a lot less prosperous that it was just a decade ago. It is a lot less free than it was just a decade ago. Are you still patriotic? Why?
Canada to me means my family, my home, my friends, my church where I fellowship, it's where I study, and where I work..

I don't want to think about the negative things I can't do anything about like the our political situation that I admot causes harm to the middle class..

I hope to attend Canada Day festivities tomorrow near our house for cake and refreshments.......happy Canada day everyone.

Herman

Quote from: Shen Li on June 30, 2024, 12:41:59 PMI arrived yesterday for a two and a half week stay. After living in a rich country with transparent government and equal application of the law, Canada seems so third worldish to me.

There is litter, graffiti, drug use, and homelessness everywhere. The mass transit systems in urban centres look like travelling homeless shelters. People live in fear of crime. Most Canadians are 1 or 2 paycheques away from being unhoused. There is little opportunity and hope for younger Canadians to have better living standards than their parents.

Then there is the slippery slope towards authoritarianism that True Dope has put this country on. I never thought when we immigrated to Canada that something like C-59 would pass, but it did. That is Nicholas Maduro type legislation.

So Canadians, your country is a lot less prosperous that it was just a decade ago. It is a lot less free than it was just a decade ago. Are you still patriotic? Why?
Our premier is frickin livid about parliament passing that bill. Goddamn the Justine and Jagmeet coalition is resembling a goon regime.

Shen Li

This guy won't be celebrating Canada Day tomorrow.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Quote from: JOE on June 30, 2024, 07:31:55 PMThe States must be a violent place where you live avatar_Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Actually I'm not entirely against guns.

It just depends where you live.

I met somebody from mexico who said he kept a sawed off shotgun in his home and actually had to use it when they broke in through his roof.

So it really just depends where you live, eh?

Where I live in Canada, there's no need as gun incidents are rare, and there seem to be police on every block. I live in a tourist area of town so of course the city wants to keep it nice 'n safe for you American tourists.

Well, I got the launcher because I don't to want to take out just one criminal, I want to wipe out an entire gang.
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Herman

Quote from: Prof Emeritus at Fawk U on June 30, 2024, 11:01:16 PMYes, in Illinois near Chicago.
Jesus H, brother you have my sympathies. Southern Illinois is where the democRAT party does not even try to hide their true colours.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Quote from: Herman on June 30, 2024, 11:04:46 PMJesus H, brother you have my sympathies. Southern Illinois is where the democRAT party does even try to hide their true colours.

Yeah, things are shitty.  I'm just happy that I don't live in Chicago.  Moved out about two decades ago and never regretted it.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

Quote from: Prof Emeritus at Fawk U on June 30, 2024, 11:18:09 PMYeah, things are shitty.  I'm just happy that I don't live in Chicago.  Moved out about two decades ago and never regretted it.
Good decision. :good:

Shen Li

I have only been gone 4 months, but I don't want to live in Canada again. Particularly after living for 4 months(so far) in an uber first world nation.

DKG

It is Canada Day. The official end to corporate tax season.

I am going to put my feet up and drink some premium beer today.

formosan

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on June 30, 2024, 11:38:43 PMI have only been gone 4 months, but I don't want to live in Canada again. Particularly after living for 4 months(so far) in an uber first world nation.

Many others have said the same of the USA as well avatar_Shen Li Shen .

I see all these videos with a step to step guide how to flee the USA (and Canada too).

But rather than ditch my own country, I'd be more inclined to keep my home citizenship & get a 2nd or establish another permanent residence elsewhere. In that regard, Singapore wouldn't be bad for that purpose.

But keep in mind...something can go wrong on the other side of the world too. Wars. Famines. Pandemics. Coups. Social upheaval. They may look good now. But who knows what their situation will be in 5,10, 15 years from now? Why do you think so many Chinese, Iranians and others come to Canada and stay here despite the high taxes?

Yeah I remember how people were saying Ukraine was the place to go until Russia invaded it. Now they're saying - go ta Georgia! it's next door and they're doing great? But what if they get invaded too?

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on July 01, 2024, 01:50:54 PMMany others have said the same of the USA as well avatar_Shen Li Shen .

I see all these videos with a step to step guide how to flee the USA (and Canada too).

But rather than ditch my own country, I'd be more inclined to keep my home citizenship & get a 2nd or establish another permanent residence elsewhere. In that regard, Singapore wouldn't be bad for that purpose.

But keep in mind...something can go wrong on the other side of the world too. Wars. Famines. Pandemics. Coups. Social upheaval. They may look good now. But who knows what their situation will be in 5,10, 15 years from now? Why do you think so many Chinese, Iranians and others come to Canada and stay here despite the high taxes?

Yeah I remember how people were saying Ukraine was the place to go until Russia invaded it. Now they're saying - go ta Georgia! it's next door and they're doing great? But what if they get invaded too?

Hey dickhead, maybe you should elect one of the Trumps to fix your shitty country!

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on July 01, 2024, 01:57:47 PMHey dickhead, maybe you should elect one of the Trumps to fix your shitty country!

We'll likely get a flood of refugee claims from Americans livin' in the US after Nov 4 if yer St Trump gits elected, L okmeer!

Which looks increasingly likely since the Democrats have been so inept.