The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Canada Day 2024-Are You Still Proud Of What Your Country Has Become?

Started by Shen Li, June 30, 2024, 12:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on July 01, 2024, 05:51:29 PMWell, I met at least one guy, an engineer who left the USA with all the privileges and trappings your country offered him. Including a nice sunny home in California, to accept a job in the miserable cold of Montreal. He took his wife and children with him L okmeer!

That I found rather amazing. And he told me a big reason was Trump.

Tharz def a lotta people in America who fear the 2nd comin' of Trump, eh Lokmeer?

Oh boy, he left CALIFORNIA?  :crampe: California is essentially twice as bad as Cucknadia, dipshit!

Big fukin whoop! My daughter has TWO fukin neighbors in Florida who left your shitty hell hole of a nation.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on July 01, 2024, 06:02:31 PMOh boy, he left CALIFORNIA?  :crampe: California is essentially twice as bad as Cucknadia, dipshit!

Big fukin whoop! My daughter has TWO fukin neighbors in Florida who left your shitty hell hole of a nation.

Amazing too he was a White Guy who spoke American English

So with his White privilege and wealth he still  house to live in Canada because he was so scared of Trump.

His wife is white too.

And they  decided to leave your  country L okmeer

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on July 01, 2024, 03:03:37 PMWell try living in the States when you don't have any healthcare avatar_Brent Brent.

I bet that graph doesn't take medical expenses into account.

Getting better deals at Wal Mart doesn't amount too much in the end.
Honeybunch, I can see a doctor within a couple of days and I can have any procedure done within a reasonable amount of time. I could not do that when I lived in Canada. And as my spouse you are covered too.
gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on July 01, 2024, 07:16:20 PMAmazing too he was a White Guy who spoke American English

So with his White privilege and wealth he still  house to live in Canada because he was so scared of Trump.

His wife is white too.

And they  decided to leave your  country L okmeer

He's a California dipshit like locustberg and seamolester who also left California after voting for decades to turn it into their personal utopia, ass clown.

What fucking point are you trying to make exactly? That you're a dumb ass? Ya did it!
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Herman

Quote from: Brent on July 01, 2024, 02:57:04 PM
We used to have living standards on par with Switzerland. Now we are closer to Greece.

If it wasn't for my boy, and my two grandkids, the old lady and I would be living in a different country.

Shen Li

Health care back in Singapore is soooooooo much better than in Canada. Excellent care, cheap and accessible at any time. Puts Canada's failing health care to shame.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on July 01, 2024, 08:05:52 PMWhat fucking point are you trying to make exactly? That you're a dumb ass? Ya did it!

I'm surprised, that's all.

He left his life of privilege to live in a less prosperous, less hospitable climate from one of the World's Oases. A weaker dollar and lower tax benefits.

I mean, to move from California to subzero Montreal I find incredulous.

But he didn't want his Kid to grow up in America anymore.

Not my story. Didn't make it up.
Actually I chauffeured him when I was a limo driver for a convention and we were chatting.

JOE

Quote from: Herman on July 01, 2024, 08:42:37 PMWe used to have living standards on par with Switzerland. Now we are closer to Greece.

If it wasn't for my boy, and my two grandkids, the old lady and I would be living in a different country.

But why can't you avatar_Herman Herm?

I mean, you don't have to live in Saskatchewan all year round.
You could live pt there pt somewhere else.
Even for a couple of months or even weeks f the year - like timeshare.
It's what a lot of retirees do where you live don't they?
I hear there are all these summer only retirement communities in places like Northern Sask and Ontario. But then they move somewhere else during the winter mos.

That's what I'm lookin to do.

Live in 2 places at once.
Get the best of both worlds.
Keep your Canadian citizenship, the medical benefits, but enjoy the luxury of some foreign locale.

Nothin' wrong with that.
Lotta people do it.

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on July 01, 2024, 10:22:43 PMHealth care back in Singapore is soooooooo much better than in Canada. Excellent care, cheap and accessible at any time. Puts Canada's failing health care to shame.

I like yer idea of having alternate destination/locale to live avatar_Shen Li Shen.
But I don't think I'd want to live in a place like Singapore all year round. It must get bloody hot in the summer.

Singapore might be a place to visit or stay for a couple of months per year, then come back to Canada for 4 or 6 whatever it takes to retain yer benefits.

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on July 01, 2024, 11:59:48 PMI like yer idea of having alternate destination/locale to live avatar_Shen Li Shen.
But I don't think I'd want to live in a place like Singapore all year round. It must get bloody hot in the summer.

Singapore might be a place to visit or stay for a couple of months per year, then come back to Canada for 4 or 6 whatever it takes to retain yer benefits.
It's hot and humid ALL THE TIME Joe. All the fucking time.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on July 01, 2024, 05:36:18 PMI hope Saint Trump forces mexcrements into your back fukin yard, you piece of shit! Bonus points if some dirty bambino eats your eyeballs out and gives you Hep C!

Actually I knew a guy who died from cirrhosis of the liver caused in part by Hep C & alcoholism L okmeer. His end wasn't pretty. He died at 67. He was a heavy boozer and whore chaser. I was at his house once and he told me he had a bad case of cold sores in his mouth, eh. He was heavily diseased I think. Guy was an Italian studly type who left behind at least 3 illegitimate children from numerous women.

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on July 02, 2024, 12:02:01 AMIt's hot and humid ALL THE TIME Joe. All the fucking time.

So you like that?

Maybe because you were deprived all those years after livin in Edmonton, eh?

I don't like too much heat.

Actually, it's been relatively cool in vancouver this year with temps not really going much higher than 21 C or 70 F. That's nice actually.

BTW, is there a 'cool' time or months not too wet when I could visit Singapore?

Someday I might take a trip to Asia, but I'd rather avoid excessive heat if at all possible, eh.

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on July 02, 2024, 12:09:58 AMSo you like that?

Maybe because you were deprived all those years after livin in Edmonton, eh?

I don't like too much heat.

Actually, it's been relatively cool in vancouver this year with temps not really going much higher than 21 C or 70 F. That's nice actually.
I like it better than cold and snow, that's for sure. And we have the pool that I cool off in everyday.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on July 02, 2024, 12:11:43 AMI like it better than cold and snow, that's for sure. And we have the pool that I cool off in everyday.

I wonder how people in Singapore manage to get anything done with that kinda heat. How can they remain productive and work so hard?

I guess the place couldn't survive without air conditioning eh.

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on July 02, 2024, 12:13:08 AMI wonder how people in Singapore manage to get anything done with that kinda heat. How can they remain productive and work so hard?

I guess the place couldn't survive without air conditioning eh.
It's funny you should mention that. I have had more colds in Singpaore than I would get in 5 years in Canada. Every building has AC on full blast all the time. Going from cool air to extreme heat and humidity all the time isn't healthy. Now we use fans during the day and only use AC at night.
Informative Informative x 1 View List