Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A Song for Brent

Started by JOE, July 03, 2024, 01:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

...know any of these people avatar_Brent Brent?

JOE

...the full CP Rail Song in its Blazing Glory

Brent

You are a really creepy guy Joe.

Thiel

Where's my song Jo Jo. I'm jealous.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on July 03, 2024, 02:42:51 AM...the full CP Rail Song in its Blazing Glory

josephine hauls a heavy load in his ass!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Brent on July 03, 2024, 02:30:19 PMYou are a really creepy guy Joe.

Oh I thought was actually a good song avatar_Brent Brent.

Incidentally, I believe my Grandfather worked for CP's predecessor, CN.

He was paid 16 cents per hour shovelling coal into the furnaces of the locomotive engines in 1916 for at least 12 hours a day. Maybe 14. And he made $10 a week.

He witnessed the Winnipeg Strike in your town where the police clubbed people down in your city.

Unhurt, my Grandfather was in the crowd so he was part of history.

In many respects you owe your benefits to people like him who protested and risked their lives to give you a better life.

So my Grandfather in many respects, was a CP Rail Man.

JOE

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on July 03, 2024, 05:12:59 PMIncidentally, I believe my Grandfather worked for CP's predecessor, CN.

CP and CN are two different companies, you idiot.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on July 03, 2024, 05:15:02 PMHere's to my Grand Dad

It is nice that he did not have to witness what a complete loser his grandson has become.

Oliver the Second

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List

DKG

Quote from: Thiel on July 03, 2024, 03:14:20 PMWhere's my song Jo Jo. I'm jealous.
You should keep Joe on a shorter leash. He flirts with men when your back is turned.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on July 04, 2024, 04:32:03 AMCP and CN are two different companies, you idiot.

My mistake.

Actually I just checked my Grandfather's diary & it was indeed CPR not Canadian National.

This is what he wrote T Prowler:

"When we arrived in Kenora Ontario, after an adventerous trip, we both secured jobs at the C.P.R roundhouse. The C.P.R. Roundhouse at Kernora was mainly a service and maintenance depot of locomotove steam engines which were brough in on a regular basis for servicing.

"The first job that I secured was that of being a locomotive engine wiper. I cleaned the locomotive inside and out twelve hours a day at sixteen cents an hour. We did not receive any days off and therefore we worked every day of the month."

This was in the year 1916. He was just 16 years old and he made 16 cents per hour. 16 cents x 72 hours per week = $11.52

So Grandad made just a little over $10 per week.

This what $10 looked like in those days Prowler:

So of course, $10 in 1916 was worth a lot more than it is today.

Today, the actual gold weigh of that coin is worth $1650 Canadian or close to $1200 USD.

However, it is unlikely that Granddad ever saw that much gold...ever.

I believe he passed on a gold plated watch to my sister which he cherised til he passed away.

JOE

Here's what the coin looks like T he Prowler:

It's about the finest quality/grade of those coins ever produced in that year. MS-64 and above. Maybe even MS-65 which is of exceedingly high quality. Made from Gold from the Mines of Northern Ontario. Hand-picked and specially selected by the Royal Mint of Canada, eh.

I bought it last year from a Rare Coin Dealer.

JOE

I keep it as a symbol of my Grandfather's hard work and toil when he worked for CPR, Prowler.