Replies: 9981
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:27:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A Song for Brent

Started by JOE, July 03, 2024, 01:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on July 04, 2024, 04:37:33 AMIt is nice that he did not have to witness what a complete loser his grandson has become.

...and yet the Gold that I own is now worth more than your overpriced Corvette T he Prowler.

And in 5 years, it will be worth at least twice as much as your Car Prowler.

And that's by doing nothing. I just watch them go up in price while your car depreciates by the day, Prowler.

JOE

Quote from: DKG on July 04, 2024, 10:10:18 AMYou should keep Joe on a shorter leash. He flirts with men when your back is turned.

You are very lucky to live in Canada avatar_DKG DKG.

I know your grandfathers didn't have it so easy.
Did they even manage to survive the Korean War, DKG?

Apparently the devastation was so severe from that War it completely flattened the country of your birth, DKG.

You're very lucky, very lucky indeed DKG.

Thiel

Quote from: Lokmar on July 03, 2024, 04:18:28 PMjosephine hauls a heavy load in his ass!
Yes, he does. My load.
gay, conservative and proud

JOE

In my Grandfather's day, people like Thiel would have been smashed to a pulp and beaten up in the streets.

His kind had to actually hid the closets and live with their mothers in order to avoid being decimated.

I suppose that's where that term 'hiding in the closet' meant.

It was much tougher time.
A Brutal era.
An Extremely Barbaric time for people like him.

There were a lot more people like L okmeer around back in my Grand Dad's time, eh?

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on July 04, 2024, 09:37:25 PMMy mistake.

Actually I just checked my Grandfather's diary & it was indeed CPR not Canadian National.

This is what he wrote T Prowler:

"When we arrived in Kenora Ontario, after an adventerous trip, we both secured jobs at the C.P.R roundhouse. The C.P.R. Roundhouse at Kernora was mainly a service and maintenance depot of locomotove steam engines which were brough in on a regular basis for servicing.

"The first job that I secured was that of being a locomotive engine wiper. I cleaned the locomotive inside and out twelve hours a day at sixteen cents an hour. We did not receive any days off and therefore we worked every day of the month."

This was in the year 1916. He was just 16 years old and he made 16 cents per hour. 16 cents x 72 hours per week = $11.52

So Grandad made just a little over $10 per week.

This what $10 looked like in those days Prowler:

So of course, $10 in 1916 was worth a lot more than it is today.

Today, the actual gold weigh of that coin is worth $1650 Canadian or close to $1200 USD.

However, it is unlikely that Granddad ever saw that much gold...ever.

I believe he passed on a gold plated watch to my sister which he cherised til he passed away.

You have got to be the biggest retard on the Internet.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on July 04, 2024, 09:58:30 PM...and yet the Gold that I own is now worth more than your overpriced Corvette T he Prowler.

And in 5 years, it will be worth at least twice as much as your Car Prowler.

And that's by doing nothing. I just watch them go up in price while your car depreciates by the day, Prowler.

I just checked...

My trading account went up $21,694 in value today.

I have over $36K in dividends to invest.

I could buy your gold 100 times over, Senile J.

Quite trying to compete with me in terms of Net Worth, Senile J.

It is stupid.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: TheProwler on July 05, 2024, 02:21:43 AMI just checked...

My trading account went up $21,694 in value today.

I have over $36K in dividends to invest.

I could buy your gold 100 times over, Senile J.

Quite trying to compete with me in terms of Net Worth, Senile J.

It is stupid.

josephine struggles real fukin hard to be relevant. It aint happened yet.

My buddy is thinking about getting a C8 Stingray with the Z51 package. If he does, he's gonna take it racing at the same track I do. I hear those cars do real good on a road course with a decent set of tires.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on July 05, 2024, 09:52:01 AMjosephine struggles real fukin hard to be relevant. It aint happened yet.

I'm waiting to see how the economy will go in the next year L okmeer

I don't think it's a good time to invest at the moment.

I gotta couple hundred thousand to invest parked in cash but I'd rather wait until after the US elections since it appears to be propped up by excessive stimulus spending.

Theres no sense buying assets now if they could be worth less next year. RE is going down almost everywhere including Vancouver where this rarely happened before

When RE falls that's not only an indication of a recession but the stock market may not be far behind. When the value of homes go down people spend less because they feel poorer

If parts the stock  market are hot this year it likely wont be next year. Good year is usually followed by a poor or mediocre one especially one propped up artificially high like it is right now. 2021 saw a resurgence in stocks after they fell during the pandemic. But 2022 was poor followed by a surge in 2023 to now.

It's only a hunch but that's the way I see it so I'm mostly parked in cash at the moment.

Buy assets when they are cheaper next year. That's what I intend to do...Lokmeer

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on July 05, 2024, 10:59:52 AMI'm waiting to see how the economy will go in the next year L okmeer

I don't think it's a good time to invest at the moment.

I gotta couple hundred thousand to invest parked in cash but I'd rather wait until after the US elections since it appears to be propped up by excessive stimulus spending.

Theres no sense buying assets now if they could be worth less next year. RE is going down almost everywhere including Vancouver where this rarely happened before

When RE falls that's not only an indication of a recession but the stock market may not be far behind. When the value of homes go down people spend less because they feel poorer

If parts the stock  market are hot this year it likely wont be next year. Good year is usually followed by a poor or mediocre one especially one propped up artificially high like it is right now. 2021 saw a resurgence in stocks after they fell during the pandemic. But 2022 was poor followed by a surge in 2023 to now.

It's only a hunch but that's the way I see it so I'm mostly parked in cash at the moment.

Buy assets when they are cheaper next year. That's what I intend to do...Lokmeer

You rent a 1 bedroom apartment.

At your age....
Funny Funny x 1 View List