Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 09:29:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Recovering alcoholic, accidentally ate chocolates with booze

Started by Anonymous, November 04, 2014, 11:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I went to the Shoppers Drug Mart across the street this afternoon, and I found these fancy chocolates that were on sale for 3 dollars.

I knew they were made with brandy liqueur, but I figured they must cook off all the alcohol, like they do with O'Doul's 0.5% beer, or like they do with rum flavored Life Savers.

I WAS WRONG.

I bit into one of the chocolates, and I could taste the alcohol.  Clearly, the alcohol had not been removed from the brandy prior to it being put into the chocolates.

I ate half the box, then looked at the ingredients and found that the chocolates contained 5% alcohol, then I ate the other half of the box.

Afterward, I felt as though I had had a few drinks.

Seriously.  I cannot believe a drugstore would actually sell chocolates containing alcohol.

And they didn't even ask me for ID.

For all I know, if a kid wanted to buy those chocolates, he or she probably could.

And I'm sure it's not just Shoppers Drug Mart.  I'm sure other department stores and grocery stores are doing this too.

I'm surprised the government isn't taking action on this matter.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"I went to the Shoppers Drug Mart across the street this afternoon, and I found these fancy chocolates that were on sale for 3 dollars.

I knew they were made with brandy liqueur, but I figured they must cook off all the alcohol, like they do with O'Doul's 0.5% beer, or like they do with rum flavored Life Savers.

I WAS WRONG.

I bit into one of the chocolates, and I could taste the alcohol.  Clearly, the alcohol had not been removed from the brandy prior to it being put into the chocolates.

I ate half the box, then looked at the ingredients and found that the chocolates contained 5% alcohol, then I ate the other half of the box.

Afterward, I felt as though I had had a few drinks.

Seriously.  I cannot believe a drugstore would actually sell chocolates containing alcohol.

And they didn't even ask me for ID.

For all I know, if a kid wanted to buy those chocolates, he or she probably could.

And I'm sure it's not just Shoppers Drug Mart.  I'm sure other department stores and grocery stores are doing this too.

I'm surprised the government isn't taking action on this matter.

I haven't heard of underage people buying them to get drunk RDL?