Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:27:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Alec Baldwin Gets Off Scot-Free

Started by Oliver the Second, July 12, 2024, 11:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver the Second

'Rust' Case Against Alec Baldwin Is Dismissed Over Withheld Evidence

A judge in New Mexico dismissed the case against Alec Baldwin on Friday after finding that the state had withheld evidence that could have shed light on how live rounds got onto a film set where the cinematographer was fatally shot.

The dismissal was with prejudice, meaning that the prosecution of Mr. Baldwin is over. If he had been convicted of involuntary manslaughter, Mr. Baldwin would have faced up to 18 months in prison.

"There is no way for the court to right this wrong," Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer said in court as Mr. Baldwin wept.

It was a stunning end to the trial of Mr. Baldwin, who was rehearsing with a gun on the "Rust" film set in 2021 when it fired a live round, killing Halyna Hutchins, the movie's cinematographer. Mr. Baldwin had been told the gun was "cold," meaning it had no live ammunition.

The dismissal followed a dramatic scene when the lead prosecutor, Kari T. Morrissey, went from questioning witnesses to taking the stand herself. She gave an account of why a batch of ammunition that had been turned in to the state several months ago by a witness who claimed it was related to the "Rust" shooting had been put in an entirely different case file and was not handed over to the defense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/12/arts/rust-trial-pause-alec-baldwin-shooting.html

Shen Li

Agree Agree x 1 View List

JOE

Someone must have framed Baldwin since he has many enemies on the Right.

Who puts in live ammunition into a gun knowing damn well that those should have been blank?

That wasn't a mistake

It was intentional
Shit Post! Shit Post! x 1 Shut The Fuck up!  Shut The Fuck up!  x 1 Winner Winner x 1 View List

caskur

I have been thinking about who is actually responsible for the tragedy and I think it's the person who put bullets in the gun and didn't take them out after using the gun.

They're blaming everyone except the actual person who loaded the gun.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: JOE on July 13, 2024, 12:10:25 AMSomeone must have framed Baldwin since he has many enemies on the Right.

Who puts in live ammunition into a gun knowing damn well that those should have been blank?

That wasn't a mistake

It was intentional

I agree.... The person who loaded the gun/s is the guilty person...

Yes, it should been checked twice by the woman that went jail and Baldwin, they got sloppy around a loaded gun...as Dovey said... 1st rule around guns is, every gun is loaded.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

JOE

I know you dont like my last post avatar_Herman Herm but I would say the same thing if Baldwin happened to be a conservative.

Its noticeable that the MSM hammered Mel Gibson, a conservative, over his religious views. Ie tape recording his private conversations, that hooker incident. Everything was fine and dandy with Mel until he made that movie Passion of Christ. After that he became a villain & hes no longer protected. From Golden Boy to Devil overnight.

If they make enemies with someone those people are out to get them. And they find a way to nail them.
Shit Post! Shit Post! x 1 Shut The Fuck up!  Shut The Fuck up!  x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: caskur on July 13, 2024, 02:55:10 AMI agree.... The person who loaded the gun/s is the guilty person...

Yes, it should been checked twice by the woman that went jail and Baldwin, they got sloppy around a loaded gun...as Dovey said... 1st rule around guns is, every gun is loaded.

It was so fucking obvious those bullets were planted inside the gun.

But that goes to show you that when high profile figures like Baldwin shoot their mouth off & publicize polarizing views like he did, it makes enemies and they threw a knife in hi back.

Mel Gibson's enemies did that sort of thing to him a well.
Shut The Fuck up!  Shut The Fuck up!  x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: JOE on July 13, 2024, 12:21:49 PMIt was so fucking obvious those bullets were planted inside the gun.

But that goes to show you that when high profile figures like Baldwin shoot their mouth off & publicize polarizing views like he did, it makes enemies and they threw a knife in hi back.

Mel Gibson's enemies did that sort of thing to him a well.

But how would anyone know Baldwin would pull the trigger? We don't know. So I am not going to go as far as you with the allegations. I think it is more, or lean more towards this being an inept (I can't think of the correct word) accident...

I have brain fog at the moment... I think it's the anti biotics I am on.
- Andy Warhol

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on July 13, 2024, 12:10:25 AMSomeone must have framed Baldwin since he has many enemies on the Right.

That wasn't a mistake

It was intentional
Jo Jo Sweetie, you are as silly as you are cute.
gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

I fully support Baldwin going free.

For similar reasons, I fully support Trump going free. In FACT, Trump should win BILLIONS from the US Government and The State of New York for official malfeasance on the governments part.

caskur

I support him going free as well.

He does not need this sort of trouble at his late age.   There is no way he wanted to kill a colleague who was a friend as well.

He is guilty of trusting the woman who said the gun was fine but that isn't a jailing offence... anyway, a life was lost here so it was a huge tragedy for her family.
- Andy Warhol

Lokmar

Quote from: caskur on July 14, 2024, 01:23:57 AMI support him going free as well.

He does not need this sort of trouble at his late age.   There is no way he wanted to kill a colleague who was a friend as well.

He is guilty of trusting the woman who said the gun was fine but that isn't a jailing offence... anyway, a life was lost here so it was a huge tragedy for her family.

My opinion is based SOLELY on the integrity of our justice system. If it EVER fucks around, our justice system should find out!!!!!

Now, me personally, I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER, trust jack or shit from someone, ANYONE who placed a gun in my hands!

My sons and I practice a drill. I pick up my 357 mag pistol, in front of them, open the cylinder to check it as empty, close it, then hand it to the next son.

The next son does the same.

The next son does the same.

It comes back to me and I do the same.

No one is born gun smart. Its muscle memory.

Lab Flaker

Good to hear... he wasn't to blame from the outset.
It'll probably be a box-office hit!

Oliver the Second

Quote from: Lab Flaker on July 20, 2024, 04:38:09 AMGood to hear... he wasn't to blame from the outset.
It'll probably be a box-office hit!

Yeah Baldwin is just an actor, he just stands in front of the camera and they hand him the gun, he's not the one that preps it or anything. Still though you never point a gun at anybody unless you intend to use it so that was a bit negligent.

I'll probably go see it if it ever gets released, just out of curiosity.

MrNiceGuy

Although Baldwin wasn't found criminally responsible; he was negligent.

I tried to tell this to Admin on the other site but I honestly believe because Baldwin leans left (I find him more of a straight up fuckface personality wise), I assume Admin admires him.

Prosecutors offered Baldwin a plea deal.  Before Baldwin could respond, they withdrew the deal.  I told Admin exactly why.  Baldwin said he did not pull the trigger.

Bullshit.  You don't lie to investigators.  They tend to not be favorable to fucking liars.  Baldwin pulled that trigger.  Oh, sure, you can argue with me on this all you want.

The prosecution took the gun and found it would not shoot unless the trigger was pulled.  They foolishly broke the gun while testing it and it was rebuilt.  No matter.

The reason real and prop bullets were on set (even though they never should have had real bullets on set), was because they took this gun and in between filming, were shooting at targets with this gun.

Even though the gun was broken by prosecutors proving the trigger needed to be pulled before it fires, there was no stopping prosecutors from getting endless witness testimony from everyone who fired the gun, with real bullets, at targets, from stating the gun didn't fire unless and until the trigger was pulled.

Baldwin fucked up.  I feel bad for the guy because he has to live with it, but lyng about never pulling the trigger is just unfathomable horseshit in my honest opinion.

P.S.  I hope his reality show gets canceled too.

Bada Bing, Baldwin.  I would post the movie this is from but it would just make Baldwin look even more a dink.