The best topic

Replies: 9981
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:27:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

JD Vance Chosen as Trump's VP running mate

Started by JOE, July 15, 2024, 04:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Garraty_47

Quote from: JOE on July 15, 2024, 10:10:38 PMAs President Biden just had to make one televised performance and one debate in an entire term

'Murican politics is pure theater.
It's all about appearances, narratives, platitudes, and being part of a 'team'.

As Frank Zappa once said:
"Government is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex."

None of it is real.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Biggie Smiles

I cannot bring myself to be excited over this VP pick.

admittedly I don't know all that much about this guy but Vivek would have been a monster. Tulsi too.

JD? eh... you're not winning over any new hearts and minds with this guy... but whatever.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Frood

If true, this is concerning.

Why can't we find non deviants for office?

Also, Vance shills for Israel and wants to attack Iran hard.

Blahhhhhh...

deport_liberals

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on July 16, 2024, 01:55:04 AMI cannot bring myself to be excited over this VP pick.

admittedly I don't know all that much about this guy but Vivek would have been a monster. Tulsi too.

JD? eh... you're not winning over any new hearts and minds with this guy... but whatever.

I am happy it wasn't Rubio or Doug Boredom.  But the good thing is Vance could pair up with Don Jr in 2028 to continue the dynasty.

Oerdin

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on July 16, 2024, 01:55:04 AMI cannot bring myself to be excited over this VP pick.

He might be able to deliver Ohio.  That is something.

Oerdin

Quote from: deport_liberals on July 16, 2024, 03:09:35 AMI am happy it wasn't Rubio or Doug Boredom.  But the good thing is Vance could pair up with Don Jr in 2028 to continue the dynasty.

I personally hate dynasties.  I fully expect Barrack Obama to put his shitty America hating wife up as his proxy just like Bill Clinton did in 2016.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 View List

DKG

I don't know what happened. Rumpurs were flying just one month ago Tulsi would get the slot.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin on July 16, 2024, 03:27:11 AMHe might be able to deliver Ohio.  That is something.
Ohio was going for Trump without JD Vance.

DKG

JD Vance's political evolution.

In an interview with The New York Times published in June, Vance explained a bit about how he came around to Trump and how his politics evolved.

Vance told the outlet that in 2018, he was invited to an event hosted by the Business Roundtable, a nonprofit lobbyist group made up of CEOs. It had been about two years since Vance entered the national stage when his memoir "Hillbilly Elegy" — which offered an explanation for the embrace of Trump-like views among the white working class — shot to the top of The New York Times bestseller list.
Vance said he was seated next to a CEO of a major hotel chain at dinner whom he described as a "caricature of a business executive, complaining about how he was forced to pay his workers higher wages."

The CEO was complaining about the labor market and how Trump's actions at the border had impacted his relationship with his employees.

Vance told the Times the CEO then turned to him and said, "Well, you understand this as well as anybody. These people just need to get off their asses, come to work and do their job. And now, because we can't hire immigrants, or as many immigrants, we've got to hire these people at higher wages."

When recounting the moment to the Times, Vance said, "The fact that this guy saw me as sympathetic to his problem, and not the problem of the workers, made me realize that I'm on a train that has its own momentum, and I have to get off this train, or I'm going to wake up in 10 years and really hate everything that I've become."

"And so I decided to get off that train, and I felt like the only way that I could do that was, in some ways, alienating and offending people who liked my book," he continued.

Vance has expressed support for the government having a more hands-on role in the economy than most Republicans.

Vance has previously supported raising corporate taxes and the minimum wage and was critical of "right-to-work" policies favored by Republicans that can negatively impact unions. He has also cosponsored a bill to end tax-free mergers for big corporations.

"The emergence of Trump has caused a populist, aggressive side of the GOP to split off on economics, and Vance is one of the leaders of that populist caucus," Brian Riedl at the center-right Manhattan Institute told the Post. "Trump is much more economically populist, anti-free trade than traditional Republicans, and Vance has pushed hard to support this new populist economics in the GOP."

The outlet reported that some business leaders and major GOP donors were against Trump picking Vance as a running mate.

Before Vance's shift toward Trump, he was an outspoken critic of him. During his first run for president, Vance was critical of the then-candidate in interviews and tweets. He called Trump "reprehensible," said he could be "America's Hitler," and referred to himself as a never Trumper.

But in 2021, when campaigning for the US Senate seat in Ohio, Vance came out in support of Trump and said he had been wrong about the president. The evolution baffled many people who were fans of Vance's book.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jd-vance-said-a-dinner-with-elite-ceos-made-him-realize-he-might-end-up-hating-what-he-d-become/ar-BB1q2yyl?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=cbbc7178b1104529916ad458de217734&ei=56

Frood

Vance feels like a Pence... in more ways than just one...
Blahhhhhh...

Oerdin

Quote from: DKG on July 16, 2024, 06:17:25 AMOhio was going for Trump without JD Vance.

I am always a bit skeptical of polls so extra help is never bad.

Brent

I like JD Vance. I don't care that he started out as a Never Trumper. The treachery since 2016 has caused a lot of people to wake up.

Sure, he doesn't tick any boxes. He isn't Black or Hispanic. He isn't a woman. And he isn't gay or a tranny. But, leave the identity politics to the Democrats.

This guy can deliver Rust Belt states. Besides, not only is he one of the most loyal followers of Trump's working class agenda, he is friends with and endorsed by Vivek Ramaswamy.

Oerdin

On the upside Vivik is apparently personal friends with J.D. Vance as they went to Yale LAW school together.

https://youtu.be/qJnb6-0Jjyc?si=ccKb73EnMidPv17b

Lokmar

Quote from: Oerdin on July 16, 2024, 02:07:47 PMOn the upside Vivik is apparently personal friends with J.D. Vance as they went to Yale LAW school together.

https://youtu.be/qJnb6-0Jjyc?si=ccKb73EnMidPv17b

We should brand democRATs as "Lincoln Killers". Ratchet up the rhetoric!!!

Thiel

I would have chosen Rand Paul. His father would be at the top of the ticket.
gay, conservative and proud