Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

DemocRATs and Republicans are Full of Shit

Started by Herman, September 20, 2023, 11:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garraty_47

Quote from: Prof Emeritus at Fawk U on July 18, 2024, 07:35:28 PMWhat both parties lack is a pragmatic centrist outlook.  They are too enslaved to their respective extremes and incapable of trying to find common ground.  Immigration reform is one way to help the country, but the Dems and Reps would rather use it as a wedge issue and not get anything done about it.

I'll believe either/any of them are serious when they begin addressing our sanctions on, interference in, and exploitation of Central and South American countries that makes them places people want to flee in the first place. The best -for everybody- path to stopping migration is allowing those nations to become places in which people want to stay.

Unfortunately that means curing our own corruption and neo-colonial tendencies and that's probably impossible until we transcend the duopoly.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Quote from: Garraty_47 on July 18, 2024, 08:04:30 PMI'll believe either/any of them are serious when they begin addressing our sanctions on, interference in, and exploitation of Central and South American countries that makes them places people want to flee in the first place. The best -for everybody- path to stopping migration is allowing those nations to become places in which people want to stay.

Unfortunately that means curing our own corruption and neo-colonial tendencies and that's probably impossible until we transcend the duopoly.

Yes, I agree, improving the economic situation in Central/South America will reduce the desire to emigrate.
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.