Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Canadians Protest "Pick-up Artist" Sexual Assaulter

Started by Romero, November 10, 2014, 02:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

QuoteAn online campaign is underway to keep a notorious "pickup artist," who promotes abusive behaviour towards women, from spreading his message in Canada.

So-called "dating coach" Julien Blanc holds seminars all over the world on how to pick up women. The Guardian reported that he has posted photos on social media of him propositioning women in chokeholds using the hashtag "#ChokingGirlsAroundTheWorld."

Blanc had his visa cancelled by Australia's Immigration Minister Scott Morrison late last week and activists here are hoping Canada keeps him out of the country. Global News reported Sunday that Real Social Dynamics, which Blanc represents, is scheduled to host events in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver next year.

Many Canadians are urging Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander to prevent Blanc from entering the country.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/09/canadians-take-to-social-media-to-protest-pickup-artist-coming-here">//http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/09/canadians-take-to-social-media-to-protest-pickup-artist-coming-here

QuoteJulien Blanc, a "dating advice" consultant working for Real Social Dynamics (RSD), travels around the world teaching men how to manipulate, and in some cases, sexually assault women.

Blanc is also someone who practises what he preaches. Although he doesn't just assault women, but documents it for everyone to see. So far, he's been getting away with it, and has even been financially rewarded. I can't believe this. And that's why I set up the campaign #TakeDownJulienBlanc.

In Blanc's videos his treatment of women is - to put it lightly - horrifying. There are videos of him going up to women, clasping their throats, while putting his finger on his lips, saying "shhh".He has decided to document this abuse by labelling the videos of him doing this with his own hashtag: #ChokingGirlsAroundtheWorld.

Blanc also brags about his effectiveness in subduing women and controlling them to satisfy male sexual desire. The troubling language he uses is typical of many Pickup Artists (PUAs), but what makes Blanc's behaviour even more disturbing is just how much his misogyny is motivated by his complete bigotry.

When talking about how to "seduce" a Japanese woman, he is quoted as saying: "Just grab her... To take the pressure off, yell Pikachu or Pokemon or Tamagotchi or something". He is obsessed with degrading Japanese women, and abusing his white male privilege. "At least in Tokyo, if you're a white male," he says "you can do what you want. I'm just romping through the streets, just grabbing girls' heads, just like, head, pfft on the dick. Head, on the dick, yelling, 'pikachu'."

As an Asian woman, men like Blanc create problems for people like me. I am Chinese, but Blanc and his ilk don't care what type of Asian I am.  By perpetuating the idea that Asian women are a "free for all" for predatory men, he is encouraging other pathetic men to abuse them. After listening to Blanc's "teachings", his followers think it's okay to have yellow fever, or to act out their sick power fantasies on Asian women.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/julien-blanc-is-a-racist-sexual-predator-teaching-men-to-prey-on-women-like-me--he-must-be-stopped-9843939.html">//http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/julien-blanc-is-a-racist-sexual-predator-teaching-men-to-prey-on-women-like-me--he-must-be-stopped-9843939.html

Renee

\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I heard about this and was going to post it. If we do ban him because he represents a threat to the nation we should do the same for Muslim leaders too.

cc

No. We will always protect others (and that is good). As to protecting ourselves, not a chance in our Multi-Cult fairyland
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"No. We will always protect others (and that is good). As to protecting ourselves, not a chance in our Multi-Cult fairyland

According to old evs, all we have to do is focus on what we have in common instead of our diffs we could move mountains. ac_rollseyes

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteAn online campaign is underway to keep a notorious "pickup artist," who promotes abusive behaviour towards women, from spreading his message in Canada.

So-called "dating coach" Julien Blanc holds seminars all over the world on how to pick up women. The Guardian reported that he has posted photos on social media of him propositioning women in chokeholds using the hashtag "#ChokingGirlsAroundTheWorld."

Blanc had his visa cancelled by Australia's Immigration Minister Scott Morrison late last week and activists here are hoping Canada keeps him out of the country. Global News reported Sunday that Real Social Dynamics, which Blanc represents, is scheduled to host events in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver next year.

Many Canadians are urging Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander to prevent Blanc from entering the country.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/09/canadians-take-to-social-media-to-protest-pickup-artist-coming-here">//http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/09/canadians-take-to-social-media-to-protest-pickup-artist-coming-here

QuoteJulien Blanc, a "dating advice" consultant working for Real Social Dynamics (RSD), travels around the world teaching men how to manipulate, and in some cases, sexually assault women.

Blanc is also someone who practises what he preaches. Although he doesn't just assault women, but documents it for everyone to see. So far, he's been getting away with it, and has even been financially rewarded. I can't believe this. And that's why I set up the campaign #TakeDownJulienBlanc.

In Blanc's videos his treatment of women is - to put it lightly - horrifying. There are videos of him going up to women, clasping their throats, while putting his finger on his lips, saying "shhh".He has decided to document this abuse by labelling the videos of him doing this with his own hashtag: #ChokingGirlsAroundtheWorld.

Blanc also brags about his effectiveness in subduing women and controlling them to satisfy male sexual desire. The troubling language he uses is typical of many Pickup Artists (PUAs), but what makes Blanc's behaviour even more disturbing is just how much his misogyny is motivated by his complete bigotry.

When talking about how to "seduce" a Japanese woman, he is quoted as saying: "Just grab her... To take the pressure off, yell Pikachu or Pokemon or Tamagotchi or something". He is obsessed with degrading Japanese women, and abusing his white male privilege. "At least in Tokyo, if you're a white male," he says "you can do what you want. I'm just romping through the streets, just grabbing girls' heads, just like, head, pfft on the dick. Head, on the dick, yelling, 'pikachu'."

As an Asian woman, men like Blanc create problems for people like me. I am Chinese, but Blanc and his ilk don't care what type of Asian I am.  By perpetuating the idea that Asian women are a "free for all" for predatory men, he is encouraging other pathetic men to abuse them. After listening to Blanc's "teachings", his followers think it's okay to have yellow fever, or to act out their sick power fantasies on Asian women.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/julien-blanc-is-a-racist-sexual-predator-teaching-men-to-prey-on-women-like-me--he-must-be-stopped-9843939.html">//http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/julien-blanc-is-a-racist-sexual-predator-teaching-men-to-prey-on-women-like-me--he-must-be-stopped-9843939.html

I have never heard of this man.

Romero

You might have if he ended up coming to your town. A lot of people are starting to protest him. The Immigration Minister is seriously considering banning him from coming here to Canada.

He's one of a new breed of "professional pick-up artists" who make money convincing men that women need to be forced and sexually assaulted. They're disgusting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"You might have if he ended up coming to your town. A lot of people are starting to protest him. The Immigration Minister is seriously considering banning him from coming here to Canada.

He's one of a new breed of "professional pick-up artists" who make money convincing men that women need to be forced and sexually assaulted. They're disgusting.

We might, but pick up artists are not the type of people we would pay to see anyway.