The best topic

Replies: 10354
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:54:58 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Olympic Medal Tally

Started by caskur, July 28, 2024, 03:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

I just found out Jess Fox isn't half Argentinian, her mother who won a bronze in 1996 is FRENCH. Unless of course her dad is Argentinian... ugh... this is going to bug me now.

-----‐--------

I must admit I am slightly in awe of this lovely woman... she is half French,  a Jew and her father was also a medal winning Olympian.. talk about multi-national...lol here is her early life and athletic pedigree. From Wikipedia.

"Fox was born in Marseille, France, and later moved to Penrith, New South Wales. Fox is Jewish, as is her mother Myriam Jerusalmi; whereas her father is not Jewish.

Her parents are Richard Fox and Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi, who both competed as canoeists at the Olympics: her father for Great Britain at the 1992 Games, and her mother for France at the 1996 Games where she won a bronze medal. Her father is Second Vice President of the International Canoe Federation, as well as Australian Canoeing's high-performance manager, and a five-time world champion. Her younger sister Noemie Fox is also a world champion slalom canoeist, and her aunt Rachel Crosbee is a former world championship slalom canoe silver medalist.

Fox attended Blaxland High School, finished her HSC year by being first in New South Wales in the PDHPE in 2011, and had an ATAR score of 99.1. She studied in the Elite Athlete Program at The University of Sydney, where she is working on a degree in media/communications. She is studying for a Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) at Swinburne Online. She is bilingual in English and French.

Fox suffered a back injury that impacted her performance in 2012."
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

CANADA JUST smashed the 400 medley.... Summer McIntosh... then The USA took silver and bronze...

J lol, finally Joe a Canadian Amazon smashed the pool and slaughtered everyone in her way... she was too good...

Blood and Urin TEST PRONTO!!!!!!!

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: caskur on July 29, 2024, 02:44:20 PMCANADA JUST smashed the 400 medley.... Summer McIntosh... then The USA took silver and bronze...

J lol, finally Joe a Canadian Amazon smashed the pool and slaughtered everyone in her way... she was too good...

Blood and Urin TEST PRONTO!!!!!!!

Yeah Summer is the star of the Summer Games

Maybe the parents named her for destiny?

Interesting

JOE

Summer McIntosh could win a few more medals.

She isn't finished yet
Agree Agree x 1 View List

caskur

Medals
Teams
Sport
Events
Team

Gold   Silver   Bronze   

Total   

1 Japan
6   2   4   12   

2 France
5   8   3   16   

3 China
5   5   2   12   

4 Australia
5   4   0   9   

5 South Korea
5   3   1   9   

6 United States
3   8   9   20   

7 Great Britain
2   5   3   10   

8 Italy
2   3   3   8   

9 Canada
2   1   2   5   

10 Hong Kong
2   0   1   3   

11 Germany
2   0   0   2
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: caskur on July 29, 2024, 09:36:59 PMMedals
Teams
Sport
Events
Team

Gold   Silver   Bronze   

Total   

1 Japan
6   2   4   12   

2 France
5   8   3   16   

3 China
5   5   2   12   

4 Australia
5   4   0   9   

5 South Korea
5   3   1   9   

6 United States
3   8   9   20   

7 Great Britain
2   5   3   10   

8 Italy
2   3   3   8   

9 Canada
2   1   2   5   

10 Hong Kong
2   0   1   3   

11 Germany
2   0   0   2

Germany isn't quite the powerhouse it once was

Russia's absence skews the results too

Be a different Olympiad if they were allowed to compete as a country

caskur

Quote from: JOE on July 29, 2024, 10:14:41 PMGermany isn't quite the powerhouse it once was

Russia's absence skews the results too

Be a different Olympiad if they were allowed to compete as a country

Yeah... the Russian athletes would defect to the evil west to get away from the Mad Punk Putin.

I didn't realise the Russians were missing.

- Andy Warhol

caskur

I am watching BMX BIKES...

I am so bored I could scream my guts out.

We get a few minutes of watching something athletic then fluff... fillers and ads. That is what spoils watching the Olympics.

Now bloody China is on top... hurry up America and win a couple of gold medals  to knock China out of top spot.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Well Oz just got another Gold and America got silver and bronze in the pool... very exciting stuff,....

Team

Gold   Silver   Bronze   

Total   
1 Japan
7   2   4   13

2 China
6   6   2   14   

3 Australia
6   4   0   10   

4 France
5   8   4   17   

5 South Korea
5   3   3   11

6 United States
4   9   11   24   

7 Great Britain
3   5   3   11   

8 Italy
2   4   3   9   

9 Canada
2   2   2   6   

10 Hong Kong
2   0   1   3   

11 Germany
2   0   0   2
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: caskur on July 30, 2024, 03:37:00 PMWell Oz just got another Gold and America got silver and bronze in the pool... very exciting stuff,....

Team

Gold   Silver   Bronze   

Total   
1 Japan
7   2   4   13

2 China
6   6   2   14   

3 Australia
6   4   0   10   

4 France
5   8   4   17   

5 South Korea
5   3   3   11

6 United States
4   9   11   24   

7 Great Britain
3   5   3   11   

8 Italy
2   4   3   9   

9 Canada
2   2   2   6   

10 Hong Kong
2   0   1   3   

11 Germany
2   0   0   2

Canada got something too.

Whoopee!

Unlike the Aussies at least we kin win at the Summer AND the Winter Olympics. ;-)
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on July 30, 2024, 04:10:18 PMCanada got something too.

Whoopee!

Unlike the Aussies at least we kin win at the Summer AND the Winter Olympics. ;-)
Do you feel like a winner Sugarplum.
gay, conservative and proud

Oliver the Second

What time is the Men's High Heel Relay race?

JOE

Quote from: Oliver the Second on July 30, 2024, 06:13:25 PMWhat time is the Men's High Heel Relay race?

Canada's best women's rugby player is a Black Woman who looks like a man. Geez no wonder her foreign opponents cant catch up to her. She looks like Pele with long hair.

Maybe that's his love child.

Reggie Essent

I watched our bitches win the gold in gymnastics tonight.

We got the best bitches!

:yeahhh:
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

caskur

This games people are complaining is an attack on Christianity AND a gay pride parade according to comments on sky news on youtube.

It has spoiled these games. The Olympic games should be free of politics and religion and focus on sport and the athletes ONLY, IMHO.

Cheats and the Olympic hierarchy should be ashamed of themselves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-13688557/Watch-moment-transgender-boxer-Imane-Khelif-batters-female-opponent-two-boxers-cleared-fight-Olympics-despite-rejected-World-Championships.html

Watch moment boxer Imane Khelif batters opponent - as two boxers are cleared to fight in Olympics as women despite being rejected from World Championships

By James Cohen14:17 30 Jul 2024, updated 18:46 30 Jul 2024

A row has erupted in Paris after it emerged that Imane Khelif, of Algeria, and Lin Yu-Ting, of Taiwan, were thrown out of the tournament last year amid questions over their biological sex.

But IOC bosses said both meet eligibility criteria and will box over the coming days. 

However, now, footage that on X showed Khelif dominating one of her previous opponents has gone viral, as fans reacted to the news of her inclusion in the Olympics.

A video showed Khelif landing heavy shots to the head of her Mexican opponent Brianda Tamara back in December 2022. 

The caption of the video told fans to 'note the force of the punching' displayed by Khelif, as she unloaded on her opponent in a flurry of punches. 

After the disqualification, Mexico's Tamara came forward with her own experience of fighting Khelif earlier in the tournament.

'When I fought with her I felt very out of my depth,' she wrote on X. 'Her blows hurt me a lot, I don't think I had ever felt like that in my 13 years as a boxer, nor in my sparring with men. Thank God that day I got out of the ring safely, and it's good that they finally realized.'

Both Khelif and Yu-Ting were disqualified from the Women's World Boxing Championships in March 2023 in New Delhi, after a series of DNA tests were ordered amid concerns over the sex of some of those taking part.

At the time Umar Kremlev, president of the International Boxing Association (IBA), claimed the tests had proven the athletes – including Khelif and Yu-Ting – had 'XY chromosomes'. 
Informative Informative x 1 View List
- Andy Warhol