Replies: 10335
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:34:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Trudeau's wokeism destroyed Jasper National Park townsite

Started by Brent, July 28, 2024, 02:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

My wife and I have been to Jasper. The townsite is beuatiful.

It's gone now thanks to Justin Trudeau's green extremism.

QuoteThere will be an onslaught of accusations that climate change is behind the devastation that occurred in the lovely mountain resort in Alberta.

Environmentalists, academics and the current Liberal government have blamed the Fort McMurray fire in 2016, the Lytton fire in 2021 and last summer's Quebec fires on climate change. Why not blame it for Jasper 2024, too?

Blaming climate change will be used to bolster increasingly unpopular climate-change measures such as EV mandates, net-zero power grid expenditures and the carbon tax.

Don't believe if for a minute.

Parks Canada's insistence that thousands of hectares of dead forest be allowed to regenerate naturally turned Jasper National Park into kindling.

Bill Byrne, a former Alberta deputy minister, frequently butted heads with federal officials over their refusal to thin out dead forests in the national parks. He wrote in the Edmonton Journal on Friday that Parks Canada's rigidity ensured "the parks were becoming tinder boxes which would not only destroy the federal parks but, once started and out of control, would spread into adjacent Alberta forests."

According to Byrne, a highly decorated archaeologist, the provincial warnings to Parks Canada go back at least 25 years when the mountain pine beetle began killing trees in Jasper, Banff and Waterton National Parks.

The Alberta government permits selective logging of dead trees from provincial forests. It allows limited firebreaks in advance, conducts prescribed burns and allows "natural fires to run their course if lives or private property were not at risk," Byrne explained.

That's far from the eco-extremist approach by Parks Canada. For instance, no selective logging was permitted inside the parks to thin out the hundreds of thousands of trees lost to beetles. Instead, they stood bare of needles and red for up to two decades, getting drier by the year like giant matchsticks.

When wildfire finally came, kilometre after kilometre of the beautiful national park turned into a tsunami of flame that surged over a large part of Jasper townsite in a matter of hours.

But the concerns weren't just from Alberta.

As long ago as 2016, Parks Canada's own chief conservation officer suggested it might be wise to engage in a little "active management," i.e. selective logging. Nothing was done.

In 2017, the town's popular, longtime mayor, Richard Ireland, pleaded with Parks Canada that all the deadwood had become a "major fire hazard." He worried even then that the "increased fuel load" could, if ignited, make Jasper "the next Fort McMurray."

The "green" cultists in charge at Parks Canada wouldn't hear it. It was around this time the federal agency decided to step up its efforts to convince campers and sightseers to take better care extinguishing their fires and putting out their cigarettes.

In 2018, the House of Commons natural resources committee recommended immediate and significant intervention at Jasper. And two longtime professional foresters, Emile Begin and Ken Hodges, did a thorough examination of the problem and predicted a "mega fire" was inevitable unless an active intervention occurred. "Houses and livelihoods are at a very high risk of being destroyed."

Their predictions have come true, unfortunately.

With a fire of this magnitude, expect a federal investigation. But don't expect Parks Canada to be handed the blame.

Blaming climate change not only fits into the current elite narrative about every extreme weather or nature event. It's also an easier explanation.

Politicians, reporters, academics, activists and many in the public are already conditioned to believe climate change is the cause of everything bad. Break out the EVs, heat pumps, wind turbines and fossil fuel bans.

Blaming climate change also means no one at Parks Canada has to take responsibility.

It's all so convenient.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-parks-canadas-wokeism-doomed-jasper?_gl=1*1pw3i3w*_ga*ODI0MDczMzUuMTcyMjE4OTgyNw..*_ga_72QH41ZTMR*MTcyMjE4OTgzMC4xLjAuMTcyMjE4OTgzMC42MC4wLjA.*_ga_H792QCFZPV*MTcyMjE4OTgyNi4xLjAuMTcyMjE4OTgyNi42MC4wLjA.*_ga_RT9GKF97XT*MTcyMjE4OTgyNy4xLjAuMTcyMjE4OTgyNy4wLjAuMA..&_ga=2.79872471.1341116039.1722189827-82407335.1722189827

caskur

All fires are deliberately lit except the occasional fire started by lightning.

Formerly rape and murder got the death penalty and so did arson. Arson is equal to murder and rape...

Now they blame climate change which is rubbish.

Your fire in Canada was deliberately lit and many pyromaniacs can found in voluntary fire brigades.

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: caskur on July 28, 2024, 02:20:09 PMAll fires are deliberately lit except the occasional fire started by lightning.

Formerly rape and murder got the death penalty and so did arson. Arson is equal to murder and rape...

Now they blame climate change which is rubbish.

Your fire in Canada was deliberately lit and many pyromaniacs can found in voluntary fire brigades.

Not sure.

Might be started by people who throw cigarette or marijuana butts on the roadside

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on July 28, 2024, 03:59:38 PMNot sure.

Might be started by people who throw cigarette or marijuana butts on the roadside
How can a man so beautiful, be so silly at the same time. That is still irresponsible human behavior as the cause.
gay, conservative and proud

caskur

Quote from: JOE on July 28, 2024, 03:59:38 PMNot sure.

Someone has been caught starting a fire in Canada.  Look, I am being sincere. All fires are deliberately lit...except the lightning strikes.

950 fires were lit on Aus east coast but the last few years it's been thankfully continually raining on the eastern side.... my side, did not rain in summer or Autumn, plenty of arsonists lighting up the bush on 40 degree days...

I am actually crying as I write this because I want them caught and executed. Our fragile fauna burned to death is too much for me to dwell on.

One lesbian who worked at my sister's work and was also a volunteer fire fighter got caught lighting the bush up and went to jail... no doubt the evil bitch is out now where as 100 years ago, they got hanged.

When I was a 14 year old kid and my 16 year old high school boyfriend were walking through the bush, he set it on fire... TWICE... I know about pyromaniacs.

I wonder what that shit head is doing now?

Don't ever ever give one nano gram of compassion to these truly sub human scumbags because arsonists are murderers who destroy property as well so they are double sociopathic monsters.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: caskur on July 29, 2024, 09:08:40 AMSomeone has been caught starting a fire in Canada.  Look, I am being sincere. All fires are deliberately lit...except the lightning strikes.

950 fires were lit on Aus east coast but the last few years it's been thankfully continually raining on the eastern side.... my side, did not rain in summer or Autumn, plenty of arsonists lighting up the bush on 40 degree days...

I am actually crying as I write this because I want them caught and executed. Our fragile fauna burned to death is too much for me to dwell on.

One lesbian who worked at my sister's work and was also a volunteer fire fighter got caught lighting the bush up and went to jail... no doubt the evil bitch is out now where as 100 years ago, they got hanged.

When I was a 14 year old kid and my 16 year old high school boyfriend were walking through the bush, he set it on fire... TWICE... I know about pyromaniacs.

I wonder what that shit head is doing now?

Don't ever ever give one nano gram of compassion to these truly sub human scumbags because arsonists are murderers who destroy property as well so they are double sociopathic monsters.

I think its mostly people being careless and the fires are accidental

However that doesn't make them any less liable nor negligent

Oliver the Second

Some guy in California set a car on fire and rolled it down a ravine. The resulting Park Fire is now twelve times the size of San Francisco and the fifth largest fire in California history. These aren't accidents.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/30/climate/park-fire-california-heat.html