Replies: 10333
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:48:06 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

Taylor Swift's Vienna Concert Cancelled

Started by JOE, August 08, 2024, 10:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/08/world/europe/taylor-swift-concert-terror-plot-vienna.html

Aug. 8, 2024Updated 8:50 a.m. ET

Less than 24 hours after the arrest of two teenagers who the Austrian authorities say planned to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna, security officials outlined a picture of a terrorist assault designed to kill as many people as possible.

Barracuda Music, the promoter for the singer's three-concert Vienna run, canceled the gigs on Wednesday night. The events, which were scheduled to start Thursday, had been expected to draw more than 200,000 fans from across the world.

The main suspect is a 19-year-old man who was radicalized online and swore an oath of allegiance to the Islamic State, Franz Ruf, the head of public safety in Austria, told a news conference on Thursday. Mr. Ruf said the suspect had confessed to the plans shortly after being arrested, giving the police a detailed insight into his intended acts, which included using explosives and weapons to kill as many concert attendees as possible.

Searching the man's home, where he lived with his parents, the police found explosives, timers, machetes and knives, Mr. Ruf said.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Its not like the Viennese missed much.  I mean, two hours of the same sounding songs that are crap isn't anything to cry over.
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Lokmar

Wow! Tailor Swift gets better protection than Trump! She's just an average looking cum dumpster to boot!