Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:13:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Walz accusations of 'stolen valor' prompt battle between House veterans

Started by Conservative Perspective, August 10, 2024, 06:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conservative Perspective

Walz accusations of 'stolen valor' prompt battle between House veterans

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz's military record is at the center of the latest partisan showdown in the House of Representatives.

Source: Walz accusations of 'stolen valor' prompt battle between House veterans

Oliver the Second

Never mind that, what's the story about the horse semen and the stomach pump?

Herman

Herman

Walz is a serial liar.

Tim Walz is once again under metaphorical fire after his wife clarified that she never underwent IVF treatments to bear the couple's two children, as Walz has led people to believe.

In a statement to CNN published on Tuesday, Gwen Walz clarified that she and her husband used intrauterine insemination, not in vitro fertilization, to have children.

Though the couple actually used IUI, Tim Walz has repeatedly indicated that his wife became pregnant through IVF. As recently as April, Walz's team mailed out a campaign fundraising letter in an envelope with the message "My wife and I used I.V.F. to start a family," the New York Times reported.

Several weeks ago, Walz went on MSNBC to celebrate so-called IVF Day and note its apparent association with his family. "Today is IVF Day. Thank God for IVF, my wife and I have two beautiful children," he said.

"Even if we wouldn't make the same choice for ourselves, there's a golden rule: Mind your own d*mn business," he said at the rally in Philadelphia where Harris introduced him as her running mate. "Look, that includes IVF. And this gets personal for me and my family."

At another campaign stop in Arizona, Walz once again asserted that "IVF and reproductive care" were "personal" issues for him.

Now that Gwen Walz has revealed that she and her husband never used IVF, the Harris-Walz campaign has had to explain his seemingly misleading statements.