The best topic

Replies: 10342
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:13:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Every president got richer after leaving the white House except for Trump

Started by Brent, August 14, 2024, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Brent

Every president, Republican or Democrat has been better off after leaving the white house, except for Donald Trump. In the case of Democratic presidents, much, much better off.

caskur

That is absolutely shocking.

I wonder where their millions are coming from for it certainly isn't their salaries.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Reggie Essent

Quote from: caskur on August 14, 2024, 02:20:46 PMThat is absolutely shocking.

I wonder where their millions are coming from for it certainly is their salaries.

:crampe:   Yeah, I'm sure Obama got his Beachfront estate in Hawaii, his house on Martha's Vinyard and his Washington D.C. and Chicago townhouses on the proceeds from his books that no one ever bought or read.

JOE

W Bush & his henchman Dick Cheney sold the USA's soul & fiscal health for their own personal greed & Big Oil.

W made the USA the wreck that it is today. Even Trump said so.

Lesson: never trust latent alcoholics with the Presidency.

caskur

Quote from: Reggie Essent on August 14, 2024, 03:55:13 PM:crampe:  Yeah, I'm sure Obama got his Beachfront estate in Hawaii, his house on Martha's Vinyard and his Washington D.C. and Chicago townhouses on the proceeds from his books that no one ever bought or read.

I made a typo. I make thousands. I wrote 'is' instead of isn't... :facepalm:

forgive me?  :l_dance:
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Reggie Essent

Quote from: caskur on August 14, 2024, 04:41:42 PMI made a typo. I make thousands. I wrote 'is' instead of isn't... :facepalm:

forgive me?  :l_dance:

That's what you get for typing on the phone.  No one cares anyway, we all know what you meant.  Deciphering poasts is almost half the fun of reading message boards. :)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on August 14, 2024, 04:37:46 PMW Bush & his henchman Dick Cheney sold the USA's soul & fiscal health for their own personal greed & Big Oil.

W made the USA the wreck that it is today. Even Trump said so.

Lesson: never trust latent alcoholics with the Presidency.
Jo Jo darling, you sound like a broken record. Even this video shows Clinton and Obama profited more off their time in office than any other presidents.

We will see what the final tally is for Mr Biden after he is wheeled out of office.
gay, conservative and proud

Shen Li

Quote from: Brent on August 14, 2024, 01:03:06 PMEvery president, Republican or Democrat has been better off after leaving the white house, except for Donald Trump. In the case of Democratic presidents, much, much better off.

Bill Clinton was the Vladimir Putin among American presidents.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Carter got undeserved wealth after screwing up the country.  He only did the Habitat for Humanity thing just to get people to like him.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Brent

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on August 14, 2024, 10:19:05 PMBill Clinton was the Vladimir Putin among American presidents.

While certainly flawed Clinton was one of the best post war Presidents the USA ever had.

Created surpluses balanced the budget & got bipartisan support from Republicans to do it.

Clinton was the most even keeled President of recent times because he managed to keep the extremes on Left & Right in check which were starting to rise in America.

As we see with Left and Right at each other's throats in America today that was no small feat.

Clinton was a centrist President who found the perfect balance

Reggie Essent

Quote from: JOE on August 15, 2024, 02:33:19 PMWhile certainly flawed Clinton was one of the best post war Presidents the USA ever had.

Created surpluses balanced the budget & got bipartisan support from Republicans to do it.

Clinton was the most even keeled President of recent times because he managed to keep the extremes on Left & Right in check which were starting to rise in America.

As we see with Left and Right at each other's throats in America today that was no small feat.

Damn, Joe!  Sounds like you have a man crush on old Bill Clinton. Does Thiel know?

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on August 15, 2024, 02:33:19 PMWhile certainly flawed Clinton was one of the best post war Presidents the USA ever had.

Sweetie, how many times do we have to explain to you that Newt Gingrich and congress balanced the budget.

Congress controls spending, not the president.

Thiel

JOE

Quote from: Reggie Essent on August 15, 2024, 03:00:07 PMDamn, Joe!  Sounds like you have a man crush on old Bill Clinton. Does Thiel know?

And I thought his predecessor George HW Bush was not given enough credit for making Clinton s job easier avatar_Reggie Essent Reggie.

I remember Americans & especially Republicans snagged him for breaking his no new taxes pledge but it in end history proved him correct. He raised taxes for the greater good.

Trouble is nobody wants to swallow the necessary pain to bring a better tomorrow anymore.

HW grew up in the depression & volunteered for wwII. But that mentality doesn't exist anymore

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview