The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

An Ottawa mother's lament for her radicalized son

Started by cc, November 29, 2014, 01:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/an-ottawa-mothers-lament-for-her-radicalized-son">Ottawa Citizen - An Ottawa mother's lament for her radicalized son

An Ottawa woman has publicly decried the radicalization of her son, who stood up in a local mosque and hailed the killing of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo as a heroic act.

"I've been on an almost two-decade-long fight against the extremists that are here in Ottawa because they influenced my son and set him on a trajectory of radical views," Michelle Walrond told the Citizen on Wednesday.

Walrond, an English teacher, anti-poverty activist and founder of the National Islamic Sisters' Association of Canada, is the mother of Luqman Abdunnur, who was arrested last month while the subject of a national security investigation.

http://wpmedia.ottawacitizen.com/2014/11/no-iptc-info-found262.jpg?w=1000">

Abdunnur, 39, is now being held at the Ottawa-Carleton Detention Centre on charges of obstructing and assaulting a police officer.

Walrond said her son was radicalized in Ottawa during the past two decades by a group of men who promoted an ultraconservative brand of Islam, Wahhabism, rooted in Saudi Arabia.

"Because my son had come under their influence, he was going around asserting — as they used to do — who was Muslim and who was not Muslim, assuming the right to ex-communicate other people," she said.

"I feel they should be held accountable for what they taught and what they still promote," she added.

Asked why she has taken up the fight against extremism, the American-born Walrond said it's all she can do to help right now.

"I'm a mom, and if you know mothers, they will throw themselves in front of moving cars to save their kids. That's just what we do."

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/an-ottawa-mothers-lament-for-her-radicalized-son">REST OF Michelle's story
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte".

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/an-ottawa-mothers-lament-for-her-radicalized-son">Ottawa Citizen - An Ottawa mother's lament for her radicalized son

An Ottawa woman has publicly decried the radicalization of her son, who stood up in a local mosque and hailed the killing of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo as a heroic act.

"I've been on an almost two-decade-long fight against the extremists that are here in Ottawa because they influenced my son and set him on a trajectory of radical views," Michelle Walrond told the Citizen on Wednesday.

Walrond, an English teacher, anti-poverty activist and founder of the National Islamic Sisters' Association of Canada, is the mother of Luqman Abdunnur, who was arrested last month while the subject of a national security investigation.

http://wpmedia.ottawacitizen.com/2014/11/no-iptc-info-found262.jpg?w=1000">

Abdunnur, 39, is now being held at the Ottawa-Carleton Detention Centre on charges of obstructing and assaulting a police officer.

Walrond said her son was radicalized in Ottawa during the past two decades by a group of men who promoted an ultraconservative brand of Islam, Wahhabism, rooted in Saudi Arabia.

"Because my son had come under their influence, he was going around asserting — as they used to do — who was Muslim and who was not Muslim, assuming the right to ex-communicate other people," she said.

"I feel they should be held accountable for what they taught and what they still promote," she added.

Asked why she has taken up the fight against extremism, the American-born Walrond said it's all she can do to help right now.

"I'm a mom, and if you know mothers, they will throw themselves in front of moving cars to save their kids. That's just what we do."

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/an-ottawa-mothers-lament-for-her-radicalized-son">REST OF Michelle's story

Thank you for posting this cc li tarte..

I feel terrible for the heartache that poor woman must feel.

ac_crying

Anonymous

If the piece of shit likes Saudi fundamentalism so much, let's save taxpayers some money in the long ruin and give loser a one-way ticket to Riyadh. Fuck, I will foot the bill myself. acc_angry

cc

Clearly this woman knows there are MANY who become radicalized by elders in mosques within our country.

Devout islamists who love islam and hate Canada are a lot more prevalent than known or admitted by most ... and extremely effective at recruiting followers

It is good and gutsy that she speaks out about it ... few do ... but we will soon have to get screw-PC tough very soon .... the elders training the young and the young going all jihadi BOTH will HAVE to be dealt with .... like it or not

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Clearly this woman knows there are MANY who become radicalized by elders in mosques within our country.

Devout islamists who love islam and hate Canada are a lot more prevalent than known or admitted by most ... and extremely effective at recruiting followers

It is good and gutsy that she speaks out about it ... few do ... but we will soon have to get screw-PC tough very soon .... the elders training the young and the young going all jihadi BOTH will HAVE to be dealt with .... like it or not

Yes, she has a backbone unlike our spineless politicians. We will have no alternative but to confront Islam someday. Let's not wait until their hateful ideology's power grows beyond possibly containing it.

cc

Hopefully we will wake before that day ... remembering  what it took to make us wake  in 39 is a bit chilling.

For anyone questioning why so many people warn of islam .... not warn of our "nice islamic friends friends" ... but warn of  islam itself, .... may I suggest the following (FREE OnLine):

The Story of Mohammed is a short book with a big punch. By explaining the horrors and the dangers of Islam through Mohammed's awful deeds, it turns the subject from a dull text book into an action packed adventure story.

--------------------------

Why would a Non-Muslim want to read the story of Mohammed?

Mohammed's story is the most incredible story never told. It is said that truth is stranger than fiction and honestly, NO-ONE could have made this up. There are battles, murders, intrigues, rapes, assassinations, torture, intimidation, and much much more. Along the way Mohammed invented Jihad, the most effective system of conquest ever devised.

Mohammed's life story is also the key which unlocks the complexities and confusion of the Islamic religion itself. By understanding his story we quickly gain a clear insight into Islam and the incredible importance this subject holds for our future.

This amazing book pulls no punches and brings the subject to life in a way which is both fascinating and informative. Rather than looking at Islam through a prism of Western (and by default, Christian) perspective, it examines the Islamic perspective itself.

In doing so it illuminates the contrast between Western and Islamic ethics and beliefs in plain and simple language which makes it a delight to read.

There are no apologies, no excuses and no pretending. This is not Islam as we want it to be, this is Islam as it really is.

In today's world, this information is vital.

--------------------------------

By using this tactic, it also avoids showing hatred towards Muslims, instead showing them as victims of an evil cult. Because of this, it circumvents the usual accusations of hatred and bias. This makes it a book which is safe to give to your boss, or to your daughters head teacher.

Despite this, once they have finished the book, it is glaringly obvious that Islam poses a huge threat to our way of life and liberty. Written in clear and simple language and an easy style, this book keeps people engrossed right to the final chapter.

http://thestoryofmohammed.blogspot.com.au/">[size=150]The Story of Mohammed[/size]

Anonymous

cc

Make that the Religion of Pieces

Sheesh .... Reports of White Rock born Jewish female fighting for Kurds in Kabani captured by ISIS

ISIS says they have here - Kurd commander says no - We'll see how this works out

White Rock ...  That brings it home for me

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Make that the Religion of Pieces

Sheesh .... Reports of White Rock born Jewish female fighting for Kurds in Kabani captured by ISIS

ISIS says they have here - Kurd commander says no - We'll see how this works out

White Rock ...  That brings it home for me

Yeah, she has lead an interesting life that is for sure. A pilot in the IDF, spent 3 years behind bars in the US for defrauding seniors. She has guts though, I will give her that.

cc

Had heard of charges. Didn't know what for.

Yes, gutsy and good like all the IDF gals ... pilot, eh?

cc

(Reuters) – http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/30/us-mideast-crisis-germany-jihadists-idUSKCN0JE0P320141130?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews">Nearly 300 people are facing prosecution in Germany for supporting Islamic State(IS), German Justice Minister Heiko Maas has said, adding that it was a sign that anti-terrorism laws were working and tougher legislation was not needed.

"Whoever supports IS can already be prosecuted under existing laws," he told Sunday's weekly newspaper Welt am Sonntag in an interview, after some politicians called for tighter laws.

3 fucking hundred that got caught and  all is OK?