Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:13:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Ontario Canada closes 10 'Safe Consumption Sites'

Started by JOE, August 20, 2024, 11:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Oliver the Second

While I agree government should not help people consume drugs the sites should stay open for sanitation reasons. There's a lot of infectious waste and disease involved and it would be better for it to be properly disposed of instead of ending up on the sidewalk.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Shen Li

Quote from: Oliver the Second on August 21, 2024, 10:14:13 PMWhile I agree government should not help people consume drugs the sites should stay open for sanitation reasons. There's a lot of infectious waste and disease involved and it would be better for it to be properly disposed of instead of ending up on the sidewalk.
That happens anyway Ollie.

In every Canadian city. On public transit, on sidewalks, in playgrounds, in elementary school grounds. Junkie waste is everywhere in Canadian urban areas.
Sad Sad x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

Quote from: Shen Li on August 21, 2024, 10:18:15 PMThat happens anyway Ollie.

In every Canadian city. On public transit, on sidewalks, in playgrounds, in elementary school grounds. Junkie waste is everywhere in Canadian urban areas.

The ones that don't go to the center should be Singapored!

Shen Li

Quote from: Oliver the Second on August 21, 2024, 10:26:13 PMThe ones that don't go to the center should be Singapored!

I like that idea Ollie. However, the chances of my beloved Singapore copying the stupidity of Canada and giving drugs and drug paraphenalia out is less than zero.

In SG, if you have illegal drugs in your possession you go to jail where you are forced to deal with your addiction. I should add I don't avoid public spaces here like I did back in Canada. I don't want to step in human waste because junkies think the world is their toilet.

JOE

Quote from: Oliver the Second on August 21, 2024, 10:26:13 PMThe ones that don't go to the center should be Singapored!

Actually that's what it's like in poorer 3rd World conditions Ollie . People from those places have told me that they don't have time for people to be mentally ill. Or for drug addicts. They dont have any money so it's like shape up or gtfo.

But the rich countries like Canada USA & Europe mollycoddle them. Our societies are rather soft by comparison
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on August 22, 2024, 12:39:31 AMActually that's what it's like in poorer 3rd World conditions Ollie . People from those places have told me that they don't have time for people to be mentally ill. Or for drug addicts. They dont have any money so it's like shape up or gtfo.

But the rich countries like Canada USA & Europe mollycoddle them. Our societies are rather soft by comparison
What developed Anglo nations are doing seems a lot more third worldish. At least that is what countries like Canada are becoming. Enabling drug addiction will get your country to the bottom fast.

Jail is much better for addicts. Don't tolerate drug usage, especially in public. Prosecute all users, come down really hard on dealers, and don't let junkies congregate and destroy public property. That's what SG does.