The best topic

Replies: 10482
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 28, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Peanuts on the dollar

Started by Frood, August 29, 2024, 07:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 17 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

hard Я

Quote from: Lokmar on September 20, 2024, 10:29:22 AMHonestly, I never knew the lyrics to that song. Thats some creepy assed shit!!!!
You think that's bad; it gets worse. Track two on that album is about a schoolgirl prostitute who plays up to Aqualung's interests.

"Laughing in the playground, gets no kicks from little boys
Would rather make it with a letching grey
Or maybe her attention is drawn by Aqualung
Who watches through the railings as they play
Cross-eyed Mary finds it hard to get along
She's a poor man's rich girl and she'll do it for a song"

Lab Flaker

Quote from: hard Я on September 23, 2024, 05:06:28 AMYou think that's bad; it gets worse. Track two on that album is about a schoolgirl prostitute who plays up to Aqualung's interests.

"Laughing in the playground, gets no kicks from little boys
Would rather make it with a letching grey
Or maybe her attention is drawn by Aqualung
Who watches through the railings as they play
Cross-eyed Mary finds it hard to get along
She's a poor man's rich girl and she'll do it for a song"

This was the first vinyl album that I owned. An iconic album. The other was Rodriguez Cold Fact. Both albums (1971 releases) got me through my college years in the early 90's back in a time of political unrest to the extreme. It was also a time where I nearly got torn apart from one of Nelson Mandela's bombs. The music just gave me a rhythmic beat in my soul and a tenacious grip on life itself.

Я

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 26, 2024, 07:52:43 AMThis was the first vinyl album that I owned. An iconic album. The other was Rodriguez Cold Fact. Both albums (1971 releases) got me through my college years in the early 90's back in a time of political unrest to the extreme. It was also a time where I nearly got torn apart from one of Nelson Mandela's bombs. The music just gave me a rhythmic beat in my soul and a tenacious grip on life itself.
If we're talking vinyl, mine was Ultravox's Rage In Eden, a christmas present one year from my grandparents which I suspect they had been convinced by some sales clerk was "what the kids were into these days". I already had a fairly extensive tape collection by that point which included a couple of Kraftwerk albums which shared the same production credits (Conny Plank) so it wasn't totally out of the wheelhouse for me.

If we're talking albums in general though, shit... my collection started when I was about four years old and remembering the order the tapes arrived in my hot little hand is hazy. But I do remember receiving a blank cassette somewhere around that time and petitioning my father to make a copy of King Crimson's In The Court Of The Crimson King for me.

Not as accessible as 'Tull perhaps, though the musicianship ranks right up there, especially in a head to head comparison with something like Thick As A Brick (which I also ended up getting along with Aqualung a few years later). Can't say I've caught any Rodriguez... I might have to do something about that.

Lokmar

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 26, 2024, 07:52:43 AMThis was the first vinyl album that I owned. An iconic album. The other was Rodriguez Cold Fact. Both albums (1971 releases) got me through my college years in the early 90's back in a time of political unrest to the extreme. It was also a time where I nearly got torn apart from one of Nelson Mandela's bombs. The music just gave me a rhythmic beat in my soul and a tenacious grip on life itself.

Wow! Sounds like a helluva story!

Lab Flaker

Quote from: Я on September 26, 2024, 02:22:51 PMIf we're talking vinyl, mine was Ultravox's Rage In Eden, a christmas present one year from my grandparents which I suspect they had been convinced by some sales clerk was "what the kids were into these days". I already had a fairly extensive tape collection by that point which included a couple of Kraftwerk albums which shared the same production credits (Conny Plank) so it wasn't totally out of the wheelhouse for me.

If we're talking albums in general though, shit... my collection started when I was about four years old and remembering the order the tapes arrived in my hot little hand is hazy. But I do remember receiving a blank cassette somewhere around that time and petitioning my father to make a copy of King Crimson's In The Court Of The Crimson King for me.

Not as accessible as 'Tull perhaps, though the musicianship ranks right up there, especially in a head to head comparison with something like Thick As A Brick (which I also ended up getting along with Aqualung a few years later). Can't say I've caught any Rodriguez... I might have to do something about that.

My first vinyl, when I too was around 4 years old, was a 7-single, Don Gibson's "Sea Of Heartbreak" given to me by my grandmother.

Also, Rodriguez had two albums, "Cold Fact" and "Coming from reality".

I've met Rodriguez in person and had a couple laughs with him. We knocked back a few red wines together.

Lab Flaker

Quote from: Lokmar on September 26, 2024, 05:40:04 PMWow! Sounds like a helluva story!

I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment in this building, but decided that I was going to be an hour late because I was still surfing. I felt the reverberations of the bomb in the water when the bomb went off. When I got to the building, a part of the side was destroyed, as well as the doctor's rooms, from a bomb that was detonated on a passing bus.

Lokmar

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 26, 2024, 06:40:49 PMI was supposed to have a doctor's appointment in this building, but decided that I was going to be an hour late because I was still surfing. I felt the reverberations of the bomb in the water when the bomb went off. When I got to the building, a part of the side was destroyed, as well as the doctor's rooms, from a bomb that was detonated on a passing bus.

WOW! I bet that fucked with you forever!

Lab Flaker

Quote from: Lokmar on September 26, 2024, 10:16:17 PMWOW! I bet that fucked with you forever!

Not really...I just saw through the smoke and mirrors and saw Nelson Mandela for what he really was...a terrorist. And his wife was even worse.

Brent

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 27, 2024, 06:30:55 PMNot really...I just saw through the smoke and mirrors and saw Nelson Mandela for what he really was...a terrorist. And his wife was even worse.
Winnie Mandela was bloodthirsty.

Lab Flaker

Quote from: Brent on September 27, 2024, 07:34:05 PMWinnie Mandela was bloodthirsty.

Bloody oath...she killed indiscriminately too. White, black, coloured...men, women and children that opposed their terrorist regime.

She encouraged machete killings, stonings and the gruesome black necklacing. A few shots from their Russian smuggled AK-47's would have been more merciful.

Warning: graphic content!!

Agree Agree x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 27, 2024, 06:30:55 PMNot really...I just saw through the smoke and mirrors and saw Nelson Mandela for what he really was...a terrorist. And his wife was even worse.

I just figured a near death experience like that would have lasting affects.

As far as that commie nigger and his cunt nigger wife, they both should have been blown up.

Herman

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 26, 2024, 06:40:49 PMI was supposed to have a doctor's appointment in this building, but decided that I was going to be an hour late because I was still surfing. I felt the reverberations of the bomb in the water when the bomb went off. When I got to the building, a part of the side was destroyed, as well as the doctor's rooms, from a bomb that was detonated on a passing bus.
I remember seeing shit like that on the news every night thirty five plus years ago.

Frood

I already had a suspicion that the Mandelas weren't stellar role models. Talking with Lab Flaker only confirmed it.
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Frood on September 27, 2024, 09:10:20 PMI already had a suspicion that the Mandelas weren't stellar role models. Talking with Lab Flaker only confirmed it.
Anybody in the ANC.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Lab Flaker

Quote from: Herman on September 27, 2024, 09:08:16 PMI remember seeing shit like that on the news every night thirty five plus years ago.

I was in the thick of it all.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview