News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10360
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:55:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

2020s is starting to look & feel a lot like the 1970s folks.

Started by JOE, September 05, 2024, 08:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Having lived back then today's world seems eerily similar.

Nevermind both Democrats & Republicans calling each other 'weird', frankly I think they're both weird n gittin weirder.

These are Weird Times Folks.

Even that Lokmeer reminds of that Shut Up guy in Cracked Magazine.

'Cept now he's all growed up.

History may not completely, repeat itself, but it rhymes!
Shut The Fuck up!  Shut The Fuck up!  x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

Winner Winner x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List

Lab Flaker

Quote from: JOE on September 05, 2024, 08:35:14 PMHaving lived back then today's world seems eerily similar.

Nevermind both Democrats & Republicans calling each other 'weird', frankly I think they're both weird n gittin weirder.

These are Weird Times Folks.

Even that Lokmeer reminds of that Shut Up guy in Cracked Magazine.

'Cept now he's all growed up.

History may not completely, repeat itself, but it rhymes!

Do you remember Beano Magazine, the British equivalent?

Lab Flaker

Having grown up in the 70's myself, I think today is nothing like the 70's at all J. People were generally more courteous to one another, but if there was a problem, you were able to biff it out without getting sued.

It was a time when men were men...and the women knew it. There were no faggots...only nerds or nerdy-nerds as such. We learned about terrorism and identified an array of military armaments by age 7. Shot .22 rifles in elementary school, celebrated Guy Fawkes day and blew up toilets with cherry bombs. Jimmy Hendrix was revered and Grease the movie was the best musical ever. White washed walls were a must and thatch roofs stylish. Bubblegum was 1cent a piece and aniseed balls were called nigger balls without incident. Cars were buxom like the women and fuel was cheap. Drive-Inns were awesome and VW Beetles were a dime a dozen. Church wasn't frowned upon and priests behaved themselves. Bony M taught us about Rasputin and Ronald Reagan was still just an actor.

No Joe...don't start your leftist bullshit here...you're not at BF now!
Winner Winner x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 07, 2024, 08:05:25 AMHaving grown up in the 70's myself, I think today is nothing like the 70's at all J. People were generally more courteous to one another, but if there was a problem, you were able to biff it out without getting sued.

It was a time when men were men...and the women knew it. There were no faggots...only nerds or nerdy-nerds as such. We learned about terrorism and identified an array of military armaments by age 7. Shot .22 rifles in elementary school, celebrated Guy Fawkes day and blew up toilets with cherry bombs. Jimmy Hendrix was revered and Grease the movie was the best musical ever. White washed walls were a must and thatch roofs stylish. Bubblegum was 1cent a piece and aniseed balls were called nigger balls without incident. Cars were buxom like the women and fuel was cheap. Drive-Inns were awesome and VW Beetles were a dime a dozen. Church wasn't frowned upon and priests behaved themselves. Bony M taught us about Rasputin and Ronald Reagan was still just an actor.

No Joe...don't start your leftist bullshit here...you're not at BF now!
Joe amuses himself with dated lame trolling. He practically begs people for attention.

Neither myself nor the admin give a damn what he does, because neither of us read or respond to him. But, I don't want to see him spamming up the shoutbox every morning when I am here. Other than that he does not exist here as far as I am concerned.
That's fire That's fire x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Lab Flaker

Quote from: DKG on September 07, 2024, 10:23:59 AMJoe amuses himself with dated lame trolling. He practically begs people for attention.

Neither myself nor the admin give a damn what he does, because neither of us read or respond to him. But, I don't want to see him spamming up the shoutbox every morning when I am here. Other than that he does not exist here as far as I am concerned.
Thanks for the heads-up DKG. So basically he's considered to be a bit of a "window-licker" (I think I heard Biggie use the term for Poark earlier...cracked me up!)  :crampe:

Agree Agree x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 07, 2024, 05:36:20 PMThanks for the heads-up DKG. So basically he's considered to be a bit of a "window-licker" (I think I heard Biggie use the term for Poark earlier...cracked me up!)  :crampe:

Joe may not be very bright, but if you saw his little bald spot you would know how adorable he really is.
You're Gross! You're Gross! x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud

Lab Flaker

Quote from: Thiel on September 07, 2024, 06:39:52 PMJoe may not be very bright, but if you saw his little bald spot you would know how adorable he really is.

I have a mate that's balding on top too...as corny as it may sound, he calls it a solar panel for a sex machine!
Funny Funny x 2 View List

DKG

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 07, 2024, 05:36:20 PMThanks for the heads-up DKG. So basically he's considered to be a bit of a "window-licker" (I think I heard Biggie use the term for Poark earlier...cracked me up!)  :crampe:

We could have an active thread and Joe will start another one about the same topic. Really lame trolling. The guy is seventy. What a waste of his final years.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: DKG on September 07, 2024, 10:23:59 AMJoe amuses himself with dated lame trolling. He practically begs people for attention.

Actually as an Investor or whatever you do for your job, I thought ya'd find the topic interesting avatar_DKG DKG.

If the economy might tank (as many experts suggest) then how yer investing yer money or yer clients might be of interest.

Curiously, if I were a CFP like you claim to be, I'd wonder why Gold has shot up by 30% since last year...and the Stock Market seems ta be teetering lately. Like all the gold I bought last year, is like worth 30% more than last year, DKG.

It's just my take, but this sure resmebles the 1970s, eh?

Somethin about the current picture doesn't look right.

High inflation, relatively stagnant growth. A restless population. A divide between Left & Right. A growing BRICS alliance which resembles the Cold War of the 1970s. Another Major Middle Eastern War. America in a malaise. Democratic candidates who resemble Jimmy Carter. A skyrocketing Gold price.

See, I got a wad of cash I'd like ta plunk down on some investments, but somehow I don't think this is the right time ta do it, eh avatar_DKG DKG?

I was thinkin' of waitin' til after the US Presidential Election, possibly as long as 2026 before throwin' my hat in the ring to invest, eh? Some folk are saying wait 18 months before the dust settles from a possible economic fallout. I suppose I could stay in Money Market/GIC's for another 5%. It's boring, doesn't gain that much but at least the cash is safe fer now.

There's no sense in plunking down $100,000 or more and then findin' out the Markets have crashed, eh?

...and so after a crash/correction, a person's investments might be worth only 50% of what they paid for eh, eh?

The US, Canadian, European, Japanese and Chinese economies seem kinda weak these days avatar_DKG DKG!

What would yous suggest on how to invest moving forward...DKG!?
Shit Post! Shit Post! x 1 Shut The Fuck up!  Shut The Fuck up!  x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on September 08, 2024, 01:36:35 PMActually as an Investor or whatever you do for your job, I thought ya'd find the topic interesting avatar_DKG DKG.

If the economy might tank (as many experts suggest) then how yer investing yer money or yer clients might be of interest.

Curiously, if I were a CFP like you claim to be, I'd wonder why Gold has shot up by 30% since last year...and the Stock Market seems ta be teetering lately. Like all the gold I bought last year, is like worth 30% more than last year, DKG.

It's just my take, but this sure resmebles the 1970s, eh?

Somethin about the current picture doesn't look right.

High inflation, relatively stagnant growth. A restless population. A divide between Left & Right. A growing BRICS alliance which resembles the Cold War of the 1970s. Another Major Middle Eastern War. America in a malaise. Democratic candidates who resemble Jimmy Carter. A skyrocketing Gold price.

See, I got a wad of cash I'd like ta plunk down on some investments, but somehow I don't think this is the right time ta do it, eh avatar_DKG DKG?

I was thinkin' of waitin' til after the US Presidential Election, possibly as long as 2026 before throwin' my hat in the ring to invest, eh? Some folk are saying wait 18 months before the dust settles from a possible economic fallout. I suppose I could stay in Money Market/GIC's for another 5%. It's boring, doesn't gain that much but at least the cash is safe fer now.

There's no sense in plunking down $100,000 or more and then findin' out the Markets have crashed, eh?

...and so after a crash/correction, a person's investments might be worth only 50% of what they paid for eh, eh?

The US, Canadian, European, Japanese and Chinese economies seem kinda weak these days avatar_DKG DKG!

What would yous suggest on how to invest moving forward?
Forget about DKG and Lokmar. I'm here for you Sugarplum.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 07, 2024, 07:32:26 PMI have a mate that's balding on top too...as corny as it may sound, he calls it a solar panel for a sex machine!
Jo Jo is more a sex receptacle than a machine.
You're Gross! You're Gross! x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List

Lab Flaker

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 07, 2024, 07:32:26 PMI have a mate that's balding on top too...as corny as it may sound, he calls it a solar panel for a sex machine!

I'm what you call 'unbald' avatar_Lab Flaker Lab Flaker.

I have so much hair that it never stops growing like a lawn.

Actually all that hair is a nuisance and costs a lotta money to upkeep.

But at least it fools people into thinking I'm much younger than I really am.

Lab Flaker

Quote from: JOE on September 12, 2024, 12:51:25 AMI'm what you call 'unbald' avatar_Lab Flaker Lab Flaker.

I have so much hair that it never stops growing like a lawn.

Actually all that hair is a nuisance and costs a lotta money to upkeep.

But at least it fools people into thinking I'm much younger than I really am.

I've been cutting my hair since I was turned away from a barbershop for not being vaxxed back in 2020. The Remington shears cost me $60.00 and I haven't looked back. Well...the missus just has to look over my handiwork at the back, but it paid for itself in basically two cuts.