The best topic

Replies: 10314
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:20:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Marvin

Bill Gates pushes for digital IDs to tackle 'misinformation' and curb free speech

Started by DKG, September 13, 2024, 10:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

The multi billionaire has apparently transitioned his focus from pushing experimental vaccines to forms of digital control.

Bill Gates has evidenced, both directly and through his foundation, an intense desire to shape public health, the news landscape, education policy, AI, insect populations, American farmland, the energy sector, foreign policy, and the earth itself. He recently hinted that he would also like to see free speech and engagements online shaped to his liking.

The billionaire has previously hinted at the kinds of speech he finds troubling.

For instance, in a January 2021 MSNBC interview, Gates took issue with content encouraging "people not to trust the advice on masks or taking the vaccine."

The online environment Gates appears to be describing is some sort of digital ID-based panopticon.

Gates has backed various efforts to tether people to digital identities.

Gates' foundation has, for instance, been pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into a program called the United Nations Development Program-led 50-in-5 Campaign, which features a strong focus on digital ID.

The UNDP said in a November 2023 release, "This ambitious, country-led campaign heralds a new chapter in the global momentum around digital public infrastructure (DPI) — an underlying network of components such as digital payments, ID, and data exchange systems, which is a critical accelerator of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)."

Agree Agree x 1 View List

DKG

The Australian government is considering passing a bill that would fine online platforms for spreading misinformation or disinformation. However, mainstream news outlets would be protected from penalties for spreading similar content.

The Australian government is considering passing a bill that would fine online platforms for spreading misinformation or disinformation. However, mainstream news outlets would be protected from penalties for spreading similar content.

Political commentator Lewis Brackpool said the policy was incompatible with the "once great principles of western nations."

"Governments across the west have been captured by ideological NGOs, lobbyists, and the activist class who look to not only seek control of citizens' speech, but push for the demise of the west for their own perverse utopian system," Brackpool told Blaze News.

Brackpool pointed to the recent banning of Elon Musk's X in Brazil, which attempted to fine the platform similarly for noncompliance in removing alleged disinformation.

Brackpool added, "there is a dark corner that globalists and politicians are turning to. After the X ban in Brazil, authoritarian western governments around the world are mirroring this trend."
https://www.theblaze.com/return/australia-social-media-fines-misinfo?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Return%20Content%20-%20September%2012,%202024&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20Return&tpcc=email-return

Australia is channelling Justin Trudeau. The government gets to decide what are dangerous falsehoods.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Frood

Quote from: DKG on September 13, 2024, 10:57:55 AMThe Australian government is considering passing a bill that would fine online platforms for spreading misinformation or disinformation. However, mainstream news outlets would be protected from penalties for spreading similar content.

Political commentator Lewis Brackpool said the policy was incompatible with the "once great principles of western nations."

"Governments across the west have been captured by ideological NGOs, lobbyists, and the activist class who look to not only seek control of citizens' speech, but push for the demise of the west for their own perverse utopian system," Brackpool told Blaze News.

Brackpool pointed to the recent banning of Elon Musk's X in Brazil, which attempted to fine the platform similarly for noncompliance in removing alleged disinformation.

Brackpool added, "there is a dark corner that globalists and politicians are turning to. After the X ban in Brazil, authoritarian western governments around the world are mirroring this trend."
https://www.theblaze.com/return/australia-social-media-fines-misinfo?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Return%20Content%20-%20September%2012,%202024&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20Return&tpcc=email-return

Australia is channelling Justin Trudeau. The government gets to decide what are dangerous falsehoods.

I'm nearly ready to leave...
Blahhhhhh...

Thiel

Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud

hard Я

Vaccination apps are being pushed in the EU again. Funny how this is all happening at the same time.

DKG

Quote from: Frood on September 13, 2024, 01:27:39 PMI'm nearly ready to leave...
It seems Australia has taken a hard turn towards leftist authoritarianism since the pandemic. I admit my knowledge of the country is limited and I welcome any of the posters living there to correct me if I am wrong.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview