Replies: 10355
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:01:43 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

I quit/ended my subscription to the New York Times

Started by JOE, September 16, 2024, 09:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

...just decided that it wasn't very good.

Theres too many Op-Eds or opinions & little news reporting or substance. Too much bias pushing racial or identity politics.

I'll look into others maybe the Wall Street Journal or Globe & Mail.

But I'm done with the NY Times.
Shut The Fuck up!  Shut The Fuck up!  x 1 View List

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

JOE

Quote from: Prof Emeritus at Fawk U on September 16, 2024, 09:44:37 PMWhy not NY Post?

I'll look into it avatar_Prof Emeritus at Fawk U Prof.

I just wish for/ want an unbiased news source favoring  nobody & if theres an editorial then there should be a conservative & liberal pov & other at the same time so the reader can make up their mind.

I found the NYT to be too biased to be a credible newspaper after a while.

Oliver the Second

Quote from: JOE on September 16, 2024, 10:56:10 PMI just wish for/ want an unbiased news source favoring nobody & if theres an editorial then there should be a conservative & liberal pov & other at the same time so the reader can make up their mind.

Good luck with that. The media is controlled by Marxist leftists. You know, the ones that 'celebrate diversity' yet don't want you to hear any opinions besides theirs.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Garraty_47

No matter which big corporate "news" provider you choose there's going to be an agenda, and bias, and obfuscation, and carefully curated context. They aren't in the business of informing or educating; their purpose is to keep the allowable parameters of discussion well within the limits preferred by the establishment.

Go independent sources or resign yourself to being conditioned and propagandized.

It is known.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Garraty_47

Quote from: JOE on September 16, 2024, 10:56:10 PMI just wish for/ want an unbiased news source favoring  nobody & if theres an editorial then there should be a conservative & liberal pov & other at the same time so the reader can make up their mind.

So basically you don't want to see objective news and analysis; you only want to see all the bifurcated mainstream lies in one place without the bother of being subjected to narratives that don't echo the mainstream lies.

That's merely the illusion of being informed. It's junk food for the intellect; it's comfortingly familiar and constructed to be superficially tasty but leaves you malnourished and ill.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Garraty_47 on September 17, 2024, 10:11:42 AMSo basically you don't want to see objective news and analysis; you only want to see all the bifurcated mainstream lies in one place without the bother of being subjected to narratives that don't echo the mainstream lies.

That's merely the illusion of being informed. It's junk food for the intellect; it's comfortingly familiar and constructed to be superficially tasty but leaves you malnourished and ill.
He, like many of the new age leftist retards, are of the stock who will take political endorsement from billionaire class puppet airheads like Trailor Stiff as if they were sound and solid advice. So what do you expect?

I mostly ignore the imbecile -- even when he goes out of his wag to garner my attention with the tagging feature.

Funny Funny x 1 View List

DKG

Another bs Joe thread. He cannot afford any subscription.
Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

MrNiceGuy

If you want unbiased news, watch your local news or read your local paper/authors.  They'll tell you Trump had a rally today.  And they won't MoLester Holt you by saying he almost got assassinated a second time because he mentioned Haitians outside their own country don't know that ducks in the park aren't on the fucking menu.  Derp derp.

That goddamned free speech gonna get us all waxed.  And not in the brazilian follicleless way, either.

JOE

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on September 17, 2024, 10:39:08 AMHe, like many of the new age leftist retards, are of the stock who will take political endorsement from billionaire class puppet airheads like Trailor Stiff as if they were sound and solid advice. So what do you expect?

I mostly ignore the imbecile -- even when he goes out of his wag to garner my attention with the tagging feature.

'Trailor Stiff' ...

...I like that 1 avatar_Biggie Smiles Bigly
Shit Post! Shit Post! x 1 Shut The Fuck up!  Shut The Fuck up!  x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Garraty_47 on September 17, 2024, 10:11:42 AMSo basically you don't want to see objective news and analysis; you only want to see all the bifurcated mainstream lies in one place without the bother of being subjected to narratives that don't echo the mainstream lies.

What would you suggest...Al Jazeera?

Or news coming from out of India?

After all...they are not 'America' avatar_Garraty_47 Garraty.

JOE

Actually avatar_Garraty_47 Garraty what I've been reading or hearing about lately from News channels outside of the US & from some rogue outlets in the US is about the fragility of the US economic system & that the days of US dollar dominance are numbered.

So if this information is correct to the extent that they claim, the US & its people could be in for a rocky ride over the next 5 to 10 tears.

However...I'm not sure if those stories or assumptions are true & to what extent

I compare the rise of BRICS for instance, with the Communist Bloc/OPEC nations of the 1970s. Back then they predicted a similar scenario- the decline of America & the West.

However the complete opposite occurred. OpEC & the Communist world went into a nosedive while the US grew in political and economic  strength. And the next 40 years beginning un 1980 was like a 2nd American century.

So...we shall see.

While I don discount these alternate news sources or opinions I take them with a grain of salt roo.

So the next 40 years should be interesting.

JOE

Quote from: Prof Emeritus at Fawk U on September 16, 2024, 09:44:37 PMWhy not NY Post?

Here's a current article I saw on the NY Post , Prof.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/18/us-news/billionaire-hedge-fund-manager-john-paulson-says-hell-pull-money-from-market-if-kamala-harris-wins-presidential-election/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost

A billionaire investor & Trump supporter has promised to take all his money out of the stock market & put it into gold if  Kamala Harris wins.

He's worried about the new potential taxes coming if she gets in.

QuoteThe future of the American stock market and economy relies on the winner of the Nov. 5 general election, the 64-year-old investor insisted.

"It very much depends on who is in the White House and who controls Congress," Paulson said. "I'd be very concerned if Harris is elected and pursues the tax plans and other economic plans that she articulated."

"If they do implement a 25 percent tax on unrealized gains, that would cause mass selling of almost everything — stocks, bonds, homes, art. I think it would cause a crash in the markets and a pretty quick recession.

...not my pov just someone else's opinion

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Quote from: JOE on September 19, 2024, 06:40:11 PMHere's a current article I saw on the NY Post , Prof.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/18/us-news/billionaire-hedge-fund-manager-john-paulson-says-hell-pull-money-from-market-if-kamala-harris-wins-presidential-election/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost

A billionaire investor & Trump supporter has promised to take all his money out of the stock market & put it into gold if  Kamala Harris wins.

At least the Post is being factual. 
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on September 19, 2024, 06:40:11 PMHere's a current article I saw on the NY Post , Prof.

Honeybunch, he is not actually going to do that.
gay, conservative and proud