The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Shit I listen to...

Started by Frood, September 18, 2024, 07:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

You're welcome to add to this thread as well.

I'm not big on most rap unless the harmonics work, and I was never big on country music growing up despite my mother having it trickle blast 24/7 from her old radio in the house.

My dad was classic pianist guy. He attended the same summer camp that Natalie Merchant did, only decades before. All 5 of us hated when he got tanked up then played the classics... but he had a captive audience and we enjoyed the inevitable end when he launched into the Pink Panther theme song... we'd creep around the piano to the beat... he'd adjust the flow...and it was a fun game... a recompense for listening to classical music shit.

But my tastes in music are blue, white, and red these days.

So this is where... where, I'm going to forever play my Playlist heart out, and no fucks are given.

I suggest you do the same in this thread (no judgement)...

https://youtu.be/04FiyrovWpY?si=7IwvXoCA5ZQ4VMtR

Blahhhhhh...

Frood

I saw these guys in the very early 2000's.

6 times all up.

It he lost octaves early on from aging and perhaps the screaming.

https://youtu.be/mg6TZMWxhxA?si=ObEG2-vGvzXVuath
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: Frood on September 18, 2024, 08:25:13 AMI saw these guys in the very early 2000's.

6 times all up.

It he lost octaves early on from aging and perhaps the screaming.

https://youtu.be/mg6TZMWxhxA?si=ObEG2-vGvzXVuath
I have never even heard of them.

DKG

Quote from: Frood on September 18, 2024, 07:53:44 AMYou're welcome to add to this thread as well.

I'm not big on most rap unless the harmonics work, and I was never big on country music growing up despite my mother having it trickle blast 24/7 from her old radio in the house.

My dad was classic pianist guy. He attended the same summer camp that Natalie Merchant did, only decades before. All 5 of us hated when he got tanked up then played the classics... but he had a captive audience and we enjoyed the inevitable end when he launched into the Pink Panther theme song... we'd creep around the piano to the beat... he'd adjust the flow...and it was a fun game... a recompense for listening to classical music shit.

But my tastes in music are blue, white, and red these days.

So this is where... where, I'm going to forever play my Playlist heart out, and no fucks are given.

I suggest you do the same in this thread (no judgement)...

https://youtu.be/04FiyrovWpY?si=7IwvXoCA5ZQ4VMtR
Commie Lies :crampe:

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Frood

Quote from: DKG on September 18, 2024, 08:55:27 AMI have never even heard of them.

Maybe you heard this tune from them?

https://youtu.be/dbB-mICjkQM?si=FrtXzG4N-J3J8VAb

Or later on, this tune?

https://youtu.be/w8KQmps-Sog?si=tYhskM1_0voexThV

The thing is... they don't get political or very much commercial... they just do their thing... and that's beautiful to me.
Blahhhhhh...

Garraty_47

My parents listened to a variety of music: country and bluegrass, classical, some 'pop' artists of their time like Nancy Sinatra (These Boots Are Made For Walking) and Johnny Cash, even some musicals... in particular I remember hearing 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. While I never really "got into" their favorite genres it did give me an appreciation for enjoying a range of musical styles.

When I was a youngster I mostly listened to whatever was on the radio. Eventually I gravitated to metal and metal-adjacent bands (the first concert I remember attending was a performance by KISS) like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, and Ted Nugent (Cat Scratch Fever era). For a while I was more likely to listen to bands like The Cars, The Police, Rush, Foreigner, etc. Then it was more punk, post-punk, and alternative music like The Cure, The Ramones, The Clash, DEVO, Bauhaus, XTC, The Chameleons, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Xmal Deutschland, Dead Can Dance, etc.

Throughout I also listened to artists like Kate Bush, Kitaro, Gershon Kingsley, Vangelis, Patrick O'Hearn, and Philip Glass. I also developed some love for contemporary jazz ensembles like Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, etc.

I still listen to a variety of genres but the music of my teens and 20s (1980s-1990s) holds and probably always will hold a special place in my heart.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Frood

Quote from: Garraty_47 on September 18, 2024, 09:22:44 AMMy parents listened to a variety of music: country and bluegrass, classical, some 'pop' artists of their time like Nancy Sinatra (These Boots Are Made For Walking) and Johnny Cash, even some musicals... in particular I remember hearing 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. While I never really "got into" their favorite genres it did give me an appreciation for enjoying a range of musical styles.

When I was a youngster I mostly listened to whatever was on the radio. Eventually I gravitated to metal and metal-adjacent bands (the first concert I remember attending was a performance by KISS) like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, and Ted Nugent (Cat Scratch Fever era). For a while I was more likely to listen to bands like The Cars, The Police, Rush, Foreigner, etc. Then it was more punk, post-punk, and alternative music like The Cure, The Ramones, The Clash, DEVO, Bauhaus, XTC, The Chameleons, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Xmal Deutschland, Dead Can Dance, etc.

Throughout I also listened to artists like Kate Bush, Kitaro, Gershon Kingsley, Vangelis, Patrick O'Hearn, and Philip Glass. I also developed some love for contemporary jazz ensembles like Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, etc.

I still listen to a variety of genres but the music of my teens and 20s (1980s-1990s) holds and probably always will hold a special place in my heart.

Cool... but dog might be a democrat... :dontknow:

https://youtu.be/H3VLqLLWxbQ?si=IlyYyZumrJdYq8jd
Funny Funny x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: Garraty_47 on September 18, 2024, 09:22:44 AMMy parents listened to a variety of music: country and bluegrass, classical, some 'pop' artists of their time like Nancy Sinatra (These Boots Are Made For Walking) and Johnny Cash, even some musicals... in particular I remember hearing 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. While I never really "got into" their favorite genres it did give me an appreciation for enjoying a range of musical styles.

I mainly listen to whatever is on the radio station . And they play almost all the artists you mentioned in your post. They play something for everybody's musical tastes.
That's fire That's fire x 1 Funny Funny x 1 View List

Frood

Quote from: DKG on September 18, 2024, 09:30:56 AMI mainly listen to whatever is on the radio station. And they play almost all the artists you mentioned in your post. They play something for everybody's musical tastes.

I'm sorry..   :facepalm:
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Garraty_47

Lokmar

Quote from: Garraty_47 on September 18, 2024, 11:09:25 AM

I bought a Primus CD once. Broke it in half and threw it out the window on Veterans and Wabash Ave the same night. I think it was the early 90's.