News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10997
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 06:18:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Important question for DKG and the moderators.

Started by Aylana, October 07, 2024, 11:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 19 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Aylana

I was wondering if it is common practice to instruct your mods to bump a page worth of 3 year old threads every 3 months or so...why, I don't know, as a way to increase activity and user engagement maybe.

Gary said doing this would be counterproductive and actually turn off people and make them less likely to post... the strange thing was he was the only one who thought that. If inmates started decorating their cells with feces would the guards be disgusted or give them a standing ovation. When did vandalizing your own forum become a way to increase post count. Can anyone explain this bizzarro behavior or is a new alternative to turning a website with low ratings into a Blog. 

Lokmar

I got up this morning and did a small water change on my reef tank. Turned out that I hadnt calibrated my refractometer in a while, resulting in my salinity being a bit high. After I finished that, I took a shit.

Lets bump this in a few months.
Funny Funny x 2 View List

Garraty_47

I wasn't the only one... Wizer went public with his disdain for the practice as well.

There are more, no doubt, who either can't be arsed to say anything or for some other reason don't feel like putting themselves in the middle of that argument.

Erica Mena

Quote from: Aylana on October 07, 2024, 11:57:24 AMI was wondering if it is common practice to instruct your mods to bump a page worth of 3 year old threads every 3 months or so...why, I don't know, as a way to increase activity and user engagement maybe.

Gary said doing this would be counterproductive and actually turn off people and make them less likely to post... the strange thing was he was the only one who thought that. If inmates started decorating their cells with feces would the guards be disgusted or give them a standing ovation. When did vandalizing your own forum become a way to increase post count. Can anyone explain this bizzarro behavior or is a new alternative to turning a website with low ratings into a Blog. 

Would you get the hell outta here? All you do is bitch and complain
Agree Agree x 2 View List
<t></t>

Aylana

Quote from: Garraty_47 on October 07, 2024, 12:58:39 PMI wasn't the only one... Wizer went public with his disdain for the practice as well.

There are more, no doubt, who either can't be arsed to say anything or for some other reason don't feel like putting themselves in the middle of that argument.

No, wizer was treated as if he was advocating for people to kick cute puppies when he was simply expressing understandable outrage over threads being jumbled up, making reading the forum more difficult.

Meh...I assume it's more forum devolution in real time...anyway Gary can you gift me the Diablo 4 expansion on steam so I can try it out and not have to engage with the community anymore...TY.

Aylana

Quote from: Erica Mena on October 07, 2024, 01:11:35 PMWould you get the hell outta here? All you do is bitch and complain

Bitch sit down or go put on your nikes and take another duck face selfie.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Aylana on October 07, 2024, 11:57:24 AMI was wondering if it is common practice to instruct your mods to bump a page worth of 3 year old threads every 3 months or so...why, I don't know, as a way to increase activity and user engagement maybe.

why would a successful and thriving forum need to do something like this in the first place?
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 View List

Brent

So, what are you saying? If you see it again you may not post for another three months. :crampe:

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Aylana on October 07, 2024, 01:15:25 PMMeh...I assume it's more forum devolution in real time...anyway Gary can you gift me the Diablo 4 expansion on steam so I can try it out and not have to engage with the community anymore...TY.

I quit using Steam when one of their JWildfire updates made it impossible to launch JWildfire even after doing the stupid config file fix. That was at the time my favorite fractal generator, dammit.

While we're on the subject though... I haven't yet gotten the new GW2 expansion. You wouldn't happen to have a spare lying around would ya, sport? It would be much appreciated.

Frood

Funny Funny x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Garraty_47

Funny Funny x 2 View List

Frood

Quote from: Prof Emeritus at Fawk U on October 07, 2024, 01:59:41 PMIs that what the 5 gal. bucket of Vaseline is for?

That's epoxy resin.

You might want to seek the services of a proctologist and surgeon.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Aylana

People have scrambled eggs for breakfast not scrambled threads...I will not waste time searching through the big book of  "passwords of the internet" just to log into a site to find fucked up threads and people celebrating the fact that the threads are all fucked up.

That is fucked up...if you see a website doing that it usually means the site is going to become a blog and then go 404.