The best topic

Replies: 10986
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 03:15:07 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

University vs skilled trades

Started by DKG, October 11, 2024, 11:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 16 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Quote from: Herman on October 11, 2024, 10:19:31 PMI made over three hundred grand USD a year during the peak of my career in upstream oil and gas. That is net too.

I ain't went to university. That pisses off progtard elites.

But you gotta drinking problem, a wrecked liver & ya paid years of child support, hey avatar_Herman Herm? So ya paid da price eh?

Lab Flaker

Quote from: JOE on October 11, 2024, 01:48:23 PMI've met people in the trades & their bodies often get wasted by age 60.

It's not an easy life.
Stop talking shit Joe. Physical exertion doesn't waste bodies...it builds them. What trades are you inferring to exactly?

Lokmar

josephine aint had pussy since pussy had him!
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Lab Flaker

Quote from: Lokmar on October 12, 2024, 01:34:42 AMjosephine aint had pussy since pussy had him!

Lol. If he's talking about bad backs, shoulders, hips, knees etc...it happens to the best of us after 50 years of age. I've worked/work on the tools and have done lab work in a few industries. Wear and tear is a fact of life.

Did pussy really take him for a ride? Poor bugger...no wonder he's so stint on the cash!
:s0403:

DKG

Quote from: formosan on October 11, 2024, 12:13:44 PMlol, I don't think Seoul can see your post Joe.
 :s_laugh:
Does Joe still post here?
Funny Funny x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: Shen Li on October 11, 2024, 11:56:11 PMI have those 2 diminutive geriatric nincompoops, Seamunchkin and The Langley Ladyboy on ignore at VF. However, when I make an appearance there(it doesn't happen that often), those 2 are gnawing on my yellow ankles.

I see them after I logout replying to my posts. Pathetic or what.
No question that is pathetic.

DKG

Quote from: Herman on October 11, 2024, 10:19:31 PMI made over three hundred grand USD a year during the peak of my career in upstream oil and gas. That is net too.

I ain't went to university. That pisses off progtard elites.
I don't know anything about your former industry. But, I have clients that are unionized journeymen travelling from jobsite to jobsite earning over two hundred thousand dollars per year. I have another client that owns a small tool and die shop that netted six hundred thousand dollars last year.

I know apprenticeships are a very good alternative to post secondary education. The gap is growing too.

formosan

Quote from: DKG on October 12, 2024, 08:42:07 AMI don't know anything about your former industry. But, I have clients that are unionized journeymen travelling from jobsite to jobsite earning over two hundred thousand dollars per year. I have another client that owns a small tool and die shop that netted six hundred thousand dollars last year.

I know apprenticeships are a very good alternative to post secondary education. The gap is growing too.

My son is in an indentured apprenticeship program at my husband's company..

He always liked tools, so I wasn't surprised he chose a trade.
too old to be a fashionista

Lokmar

Quote from: Lab Flaker on October 12, 2024, 01:43:37 AMLol. If he's talking about bad backs, shoulders, hips, knees etc...it happens to the best of us after 50 years of age. I've worked/work on the tools and have done lab work in a few industries. Wear and tear is a fact of life.

Did pussy really take him for a ride? Poor bugger...no wonder he's so stint on the cash!
:s0403:

I.E. the last pussy he had was when he slid out of his mom......
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Quote from: Lokmar on October 12, 2024, 11:43:06 AMI.E. the last pussy he had was when he slid out of his mom......

On behalf of Joe, I say 'Oooouuuucchhh!'  :s_laugh:
Funny Funny x 1 View List
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Brent

Quote from: Shen Li on October 11, 2024, 11:51:46 PMLet's face it, liberal arts degrees are useless. They are subsidized the same as professional degree programs like business, medicine or engineering, but unlike those majors, they offer no value to society. Unless you consider blocking major urban thoroughfares to bring attention to the climate crisis by forcing cars to idle is worth it to taxpayers.
That is something I could support.

Herman

Quote from: Lokmar on October 12, 2024, 11:43:06 AMI.E. the last pussy he had was when he slid out of his mom......
That is true actually.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Herman

Quote from: Shen Li on October 11, 2024, 11:51:46 PMLet's face it, liberal arts degrees are useless. They are subsidized the same as professional degree programs like business, medicine or engineering, but unlike those majors, they offer no value to society. Unless you consider blocking major urban thoroughfares to bring attention to the climate crisis by forcing cars to idle is worth it to taxpayers.
The democRATs want folks who became journeymen to pay off the student loans of dingbats who thought a degree in drama and theatre arts would get them standing on their own two feet.

Shen Li

Quote from: Herman on October 12, 2024, 08:39:05 PMThe democRATs want folks who became journeymen to pay off the student loans of dingbats who thought a degree in drama and theatre arts would get them standing on their own two feet.
Make liberal arts majors pay the entire cost of their hobby degrees. Apply the savings to lower the cost of business, engineering and medical majors.

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on October 12, 2024, 10:26:45 PMMake liberal arts majors pay the entire cost of their hobby degrees. Apply the savings to lower the cost of business, engineering and medical majors.

...until AI & Robots automate them out of a job, eh avatar_Shen Li Shen?

...like in China where kids worked real hard all their lives to obtain Masters & PhD's in engineering only to end up working for McDonald's eh Shen?

That's probably comin soon ta North America as well Shen when AI arrives full blast.