Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:58:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Ban Ki Moon Is A Disingenuous Moron

Started by Anonymous, December 07, 2014, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Saudi Arabia is weaning itself off of oil? Really, is that why they are deliberately driving down crude prices to recapture market share lost to Canadian oilsands and American shale oil? I guess in the UN's twisted thinking Canada and Australia are the enviro black hats, while Saudi and China wear the white. Than again, they show similar hypocrisy when it comes to Israel.

The United Nitwits can go fuck themselves. acc_devil  ac_beating
QuoteThere's been a lot of environmental hysteria from the climate alarmists of late. It's a case of the Empire Strikes Back.

As the science supporting the theory of dangerous climate change has crumbled, those who rely on it for their grants, donations, jobs and votes have upped their rhetoric.

The weaker the science, the louder the predictions of impending doom.

For instance, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon last week chastised Canada for not doing enough to prevent climate change.

Bizarrely, Ban held out Saudi Arabia as a country Canada should emulate. He told the CBC's Peter Mansbridge that the world's largest oil producer is weaning itself off fossil fuels and Canada should, too.

Ban offered scant proof for his claim, which would seem to defy all the evidence. In fact, Saudi Arabia is eyeballs-deep in OPEC's current efforts to drive down world oil prices so as to force up consumption and to force oilsands and shale-oil companies out of business and preserve OPEC members' share of world oil sales.

Something else Ban overlooked is Canada's relatively small contribution to global carbon emissions. While the secretary-general singled out Canada and Australia – the two countries' contributions are both under 2% of the worldwide total – he ignored an assessment last week by the chief economist of the International Energy Agency (IEA).

Fatih Birol said that even if oilsands production triples in the next 25 years, as forecast, "the additional CO2 emissions coming from the oilsands will be extremely low." Indeed, "it will be equal to only 23 hours of emissions of China — not even one day."

But rather than criticize China for its emissions record, Ban has recently praised China for committing to stop growing its emissions total by 2030. China is already the world's largest emitter. It will continue to open a new coal-fired power plant or factory at the rate of one a week for at least the next 15 years. But because it has promised to stop doing that by 2030, it gets the carrot and Canada gets the stick.

That's a good example of just how caught up environmentalists and green politicians and diplomats are in symbolism over substance.

Even the Tory government of new Alberta Premier Jim Prentice seemed last week to have caved into climate orthodoxy. On his way to the UN's latest annual climate summit in Lima, Peru, Kyle Fawcett, the provincial environment minister, said Alberta was prepared to accept a "price" on carbon (price being a euphemism for tax). Fawcett added – again without offering any proof – "we're past the point where there's any debate around the science of climate change."

This is probably a false front designed to convince reluctant politicians, such as Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne, that Alberta is serious about the environment, so please let its pipelines through. Still, it is unfortunate that even the Alberta government has abandoned the scientific fight at the very moment that the forces of reason are winning.

But perhaps the most over-the-top reaction last week was from the Canadian branch of the Sierra Club, which went ballistic when a Calgary-based organization called Friends of Science bought billboard space across the country to claim that the sun, not carbon emissions, is behind climate change.

Like leftists of all kind, the Sierra Club's first response to a message it disagrees with was to dismiss it as false and attempt to have it banned.

If you're tempted to believe Sierra that the sun's impact on climate has been "totally debunked," ask yourself this: Do you believe spring returns every year because Earth tilts closer to the sun again or because the atmosphere warms after we've idled our engines for four months.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/12/05/earth-to-climate-alarmists">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/12/05/e ... -alarmists">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/12/05/earth-to-climate-alarmists

Obvious Li

moon is a fucking idiot...he reminds me of these low bowing older korean fucktards that prostrate themselves if front of any authoritarian figure

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"moon is a fucking idiot...he reminds me of these low bowing older korean fucktards that prostrate themselves if front of any authoritarian figure

Yeah, he looks like a brown nosing salaryman.

What's funny is the two nations he heaps praise on(SA and China) concocted a plan to wean China off of Iranian oil by SA picking up the slack. This must be how SA is weaning itself off of oil. ac_rollseyes  
QuoteSpecifically, the documents reveal a plan, hatched by the US, whereby Saudi Arabia would guarantee China ongoing supply of oil in exchange for China weaning itself off Iran.

Here's the exact paragraph, via NYT:

Deputy Foreign Minister Dr. Prince Torki told visiting

NEA A/S Feltman on January 26 (ref C) that FM Saud hadpressed the Chinese Foreign Minister hard on the need to be more active in working with the rest of the international community and the UN Security Council to counter the threat of Iran developing a nuclear weapon. FM Saud told FM Yang that Saudi Arabia was convinced Iran intended to develop a nuclear weapon, despite its assurances, and that only concerted international action could stop that. While no explicit bargain was discussed, Dep FM Torki explained that Saudi Arabia understood China was concerned about having access to energy supplies, which could be cut off by Iran, and wanted to attract more trade and investment. Saudi Arabia was willing to provide assurances on those scores to China, but only in exchange for tangible Chinese actions to restrain Iran,s drive for nuclear weapons.

http://www.businessinsider.com/wikileaks-plan-to-get-china-off-iranian-oil-supplies-2010-11">http://www.businessinsider.com/wikileak ... es-2010-11">http://www.businessinsider.com/wikileaks-plan-to-get-china-off-iranian-oil-supplies-2010-11

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"moon is a fucking idiot...he reminds me of these low bowing older korean fucktards that prostrate themselves if front of any authoritarian figure

He must have been hitting the soju a little too hard.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "seoulbro"

[/b]

God i miss that...and makoli and bek seju and Itaewon and Noryanjin(??) and Garak.....fuck

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

[/b]

God i miss that...and makoli and bek seju and Itaewon and Noryanjin(??) and Garak.....fuck

You would like the alcoholic beverages, the night markets, Shilin, Tienmu and Yan Min mountain.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

[/b]

You would like the alcoholic beverages, the night markets, Shilin, Tienmu and Yan Min mountain.

why yes, yes i would..... ac_wub  ac_flower

Anonymous

[/b]

Ah, makkoli in a cozy little hof after a good hike, heaven.