The best topic

Replies: 10975
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 11:14:40 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

The rats are abandoning ship!!!!!!

Started by Biggie Smiles, October 18, 2024, 05:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Inflation is mainly caused by flooding fiat money supplies, not corporate greed.

Commies always blame corporate greed over government greed.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Logic Sandwich

It's actually quite simple and a question of supply and demand. A corporation can jack their prices up the yin yang, if there is no corresponding increase in the money supply to feed it, people will simply buy less of the corporations product, in turn providing less reason for the corporation to produce product and ultimately their reason to exist at all.

Inflating the amount of tokens (money) in circulation that might be used to exchange for the products and services... this is the essence of inflation. With the money supply vested firmly in the hands of the government, it is the government that is responsible for inflation and not "the corporations". The coporations can lobby for an increase in the supply, they cannot increase the supply off their own bat.

Now, it is true that a corporation might induce a scarcity of the product or service they provide, driving up the price of their product, they may even collude with other corporate entities to "price fix", but if the money remains finite, the corporation quickly runs out of wriggle room to produce profit for their shareholders. They are also leaving the door open for someone to come in and undercut them with similar product/service. You show me one corporation that wants that outcome. I'm not aware of any myself.

It is also true there are those individuals in the public that produce nothing, yet open their beaks wide like a bunch of nested hatchlings and squawk to receive "their fair and equitable share". Again, assuming the government does not pander to their welfare whims by inflating the money supply for the purposes of communistic redistribution, inflation cannot occur since the money tokens and the supply of products and services is remaining static.

Bottom line, while greed drives the market for inflation, only one entity can provide that inflation and that entity, like it or lump it, is government. It is the government that is responsible for inflation and the government only.

I'm glad we had this discussion.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview