The best topic

Replies: 10986
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 03:15:07 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Perth Telethon

Started by caskur, October 19, 2024, 10:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Perth Telethon is on here and it's already 14 million dollars Last year we raised 67 million dollars 2 million people the most generous on the planet by far.

It is a real achievement.

It would be good if the USA could do the same for the cyclone victims.

I have been reading and hearing Americans aren't properly helped during these occasions despite politicians getting on TV saying otherwise.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

formosan

Quote from: caskur on October 19, 2024, 10:12:58 AMPerth Telethon is on here and it's already 14 million dollars Last year we raised 67 million dollars 2 million people the most generous on the planet by far.

It is a real achievement.

It would be good if the USA could do the same for the cyclone victims.

I have been reading and hearing Americans aren't properly helped during these occasions despite politicians getting on TV saying otherwise.
What is your telethon raising money for caskur?
Agree Agree x 1 View List
too old to be a fashionista

caskur

Quote from: formosan on October 19, 2024, 10:32:27 AMWhat is your telethon raising money for caskur?

Sick kids medical research.

It's fantastic.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

formosan

Quote from: caskur on October 19, 2024, 10:36:06 AMSick kids medical research.

It's fantastic.

That's terrific.
too old to be a fashionista

caskur

Quote from: formosan on October 19, 2024, 10:38:33 AMThat's terrific.

Hopefully I will report the new tally soon..

https://www.telethon7.com/telethon-weekend-24

New tally =

Bloody ads are on now.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

What's it all about?

The Channel 7 Telethon, known commonly as Telethon, is an annual telethon established in 1968 by philanthropist Sir James Cruthers and Brian Treasure. It is produced by Channel 7 Perth, a television network in Western Australia. Funds raised through Telethon is currently granted to 136 beneficiaries, all united with a mission to improve the health and wellbeing of children in Western Australia.

It's the highest donating Telethon (per capita) in the world, with it surpassing A$600 million in total in 2023.

The televised event runs for a continuous 26-hours, across Metro and Regional Western Australia on Channel 7 and 7plus (Nationally).

The event held in October aims to raise money for its beneficiaries from donations made by private citizens and corporations, as well as from special fundraising events held throughout the year.

Each year, there are also children who have been chosen to represent all children who benefit from the money raised. Since 2010, these children have been referred to as the "Little Telethon Stars".
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I want to sleep... in the old days watching the night crew was funny and a little raunchy but now it's a few bands..  I want funny stuff not safe stuff...lol.. still are keeping the tally quite.

History part 1

https://youtu.be/C05ax-wzVks?si=1p3zrmSaK3UQsB-q
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Tally is over

21,862,000 million dollars...5 am Sunday morning.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

So far over 44,750,000 million dollars at 3:30 pm...

And over 650 million since it started back in 1968.

They raised 16 million at the Telethon ball...lots of mining people there.

- Andy Warhol

caskur

Now over $48,207,500...

It'll go up faster now..  if it beats 67 million I will be shocked to pieces.

- Andy Warhol

caskur

Omg...lol over $60.5 million dollars...and it's 5.40 pm...

We might make it to the record.

- Andy Warhol

caskur

Getting close to the end..

61,658,695 million..

Even the stupid Albanese is here on telethon...

Probably got his eyes on our mines...go away Albanese.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I am glad I watched some of telephone this year. Lots of music and lots of gags.... and best of all, lots of money.....

I am listening to Vanessa Amorosi... I like how our women don't need copious amounts of make-up to look good. And Amorosi looks stunning.

$63,633,566

Only 1.5 hours to go.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Over $64,466,134.00

Lol $64,495,571

$64,502,701
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Donation from my Premier

Personal Donation $1000

From the state $13,000,000

OMG..

$77,568,966
- Andy Warhol