Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A True Hero: Father Rescues His Son From ISIS

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2015, 08:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

When ever I think the West is hellbent on destroying itself by not confronting the true evil nature of Islam someone comes along to remind us that there are still some REAL men in the West. This man has incredible balls.
QuoteDimitri Bontinck claims he found little help from Belgian authorities when his teenage son became radicalized and left their home in Antwerp to join an extremist group in Syria.

The former soldier said he took matters into his own hands and went after his son, Jejoen. After three rescue attempts in 10 months, Bontinck brought Jejoen back to Belgium in the fall of 2013.

But the happy ending was just the start of what has become a personal mission for Bontinck. He has since returned to Syria five times, to help retrieve other young men who joined militant groups and whose parents feel they have no other hope.

It wasn't his plan, but he said he has "no other choice to help those going through the same kind of trauma and nightmare I experienced."

http://globalnews.ca/news/1758867/father-who-rescued-son-from-syria-says-hes-helping-other-families/">http://globalnews.ca/news/1758867/fathe ... -families/">http://globalnews.ca/news/1758867/father-who-rescued-son-from-syria-says-hes-helping-other-families/

"It's so sad that parents like me and so many thousands of parents worldwide are standing alone, that nobody's helping them. It's disgusting really," Bontinck told Sky News in an interview that aired Tuesday.

He said parents across Europe have reached out to him.

It's estimated upwards of 3,000 European citizens have joined jihadist groups such as ISIS and Jabhat al-Nusra.

"I thought I would never return to Syria, but when mothers are calling me and crying on the phone because nobody's helping them ... when they ask to meet me, I'm not going to say no," Bontinck said.

READ MORE: Canada must stop radical recruiters of Muslim youth: Imam

Bontinck documented much of his journey to find Jejoen on video — some of it can be seen in the Sky News presentation — including moments when he had to duck for cover from nearby sniper fire.

Although he had been interacting with rebel and jihadist groups to locate Jejoen, he told Sky News Jabhat al-Nusra militants took him captive at one point and attacked him. He said the militants thought he was a spy.

"They put a cap over my head and handcuffed me. They were beating me on the head and I was thinking 'Is it all worth it?'

But the Islamist group let Bontinck go and eventually released Jejoen, after the father came back for a third attempt to bring him home, Sky News reported.

"The first time I met my son physically, it was very emotional. And I really hold him like a small baby. We were crying," Bontinck said.

He told Sky News his son had become disillusioned with and wanted to return to Belgium. Militants locked him up.

At one point, he was held in the same cell with British photojournalist John Cantlie, who continues to be held captive by ISIS militants, and U.S. freelance journalist James Foley, who was executed in August. (Cantlie and Foley were initially kidnapped and held captive by Jabhat al-Nusra, but were later handed over to ISIS, according to Jejoen in a New York Times interview)

"I followed a father's instinct, I followed my heart. I couldn't stay here just watching, not taking action and responsibility," Bontinck said.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"When ever I think the West is hellbent on destroying itself by not confronting the true evil nature of Islam someone comes along to remind us that there are still some REAL men in the West. This man has incredible balls.
QuoteDimitri Bontinck claims he found little help from Belgian authorities when his teenage son became radicalized and left their home in Antwerp to join an extremist group in Syria.

The former soldier said he took matters into his own hands and went after his son, Jejoen. After three rescue attempts in 10 months, Bontinck brought Jejoen back to Belgium in the fall of 2013.

But the happy ending was just the start of what has become a personal mission for Bontinck. He has since returned to Syria five times, to help retrieve other young men who joined militant groups and whose parents feel they have no other hope.

It wasn't his plan, but he said he has "no other choice to help those going through the same kind of trauma and nightmare I experienced."

http://globalnews.ca/news/1758867/father-who-rescued-son-from-syria-says-hes-helping-other-families/">http://globalnews.ca/news/1758867/fathe ... -families/">http://globalnews.ca/news/1758867/father-who-rescued-son-from-syria-says-hes-helping-other-families/

"It's so sad that parents like me and so many thousands of parents worldwide are standing alone, that nobody's helping them. It's disgusting really," Bontinck told Sky News in an interview that aired Tuesday.

He said parents across Europe have reached out to him.

It's estimated upwards of 3,000 European citizens have joined jihadist groups such as ISIS and Jabhat al-Nusra.

"I thought I would never return to Syria, but when mothers are calling me and crying on the phone because nobody's helping them ... when they ask to meet me, I'm not going to say no," Bontinck said.

READ MORE: Canada must stop radical recruiters of Muslim youth: Imam

Bontinck documented much of his journey to find Jejoen on video — some of it can be seen in the Sky News presentation — including moments when he had to duck for cover from nearby sniper fire.

Although he had been interacting with rebel and jihadist groups to locate Jejoen, he told Sky News Jabhat al-Nusra militants took him captive at one point and attacked him. He said the militants thought he was a spy.

"They put a cap over my head and handcuffed me. They were beating me on the head and I was thinking 'Is it all worth it?'

But the Islamist group let Bontinck go and eventually released Jejoen, after the father came back for a third attempt to bring him home, Sky News reported.

"The first time I met my son physically, it was very emotional. And I really hold him like a small baby. We were crying," Bontinck said.

He told Sky News his son had become disillusioned with and wanted to return to Belgium. Militants locked him up.

At one point, he was held in the same cell with British photojournalist John Cantlie, who continues to be held captive by ISIS militants, and U.S. freelance journalist James Foley, who was executed in August. (Cantlie and Foley were initially kidnapped and held captive by Jabhat al-Nusra, but were later handed over to ISIS, according to Jejoen in a New York Times interview)

"I followed a father's instinct, I followed my heart. I couldn't stay here just watching, not taking action and responsibility," Bontinck said.

He is a remarkably brave man..

I am so happy he was able to save his son.

cc

he sure is!!!!!

I don't believe the govt should do anything like go to Syria / Iraq to "save" a person who went voluntarily. That is not the place of govt. It is the place of govt. to kill anyone part of something it considers the enemy
QuoteCanada must stop radical recruiters of Muslim youth: Imam
I can go along with that. I strongly feel isalm / islamics do more ... a LOT more ... to clean up its own garbage.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"he sure is!!!!!

I don't believe the govt should do anything like go to Syria / Iraq to "save" a person who went voluntarily. That is not the place of govt. It is the place of govt. to kill anyone part of something it considers the enemy
QuoteCanada must stop radical recruiters of Muslim youth: Imam
I can go along with that. I strongly feel isalm / islamics do more ... a LOT more ... to clean up its own garbage.

I know very little about politics cc li tarte, but I agree with you that we should not expect our government to rescue people who went to troubled areas of the Middle East voluntarily..

But, I respect that father's courage.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Me 2!!!!

I read about a father in Toronto who rescued his son from a violent gang..

I thought he was brave for doing that, but what this man entering a war zone is something else.

Gary Oak

Muslims are cowards. They will only challenge people if their opponent is handcuffed and they have a knife. ac_dunno  ac_drinks  :howdy:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Muslims are cowards. They will only challenge people if their opponent is handcuffed and they have a knife. ac_dunno  ac_drinks  :howdy:

Or if they pack their boxing gloves with ball bearings right Gomer. ac_lmfao