Replies: 10365
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:38:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Canada Delaying CNOOC Takeover

Started by OrientalTreasure, November 04, 2012, 08:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrientalTreasure

Canada is extending the review time on the http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49670552/ns/world_news-asia_pacific/t/canada-take-more-time-cnooc-takeover/#.UJcNzobN0uc">CNOOC bid to take over Nexen.  I can understand being wary of a company run by a foreign government, but since they just rejected a Malaysian company's take over bid, they're going to start discouraging all foreign investment companies.  What are your thoughts?

Gary Oak

Malaysia has been taken over the same way that China and Chinese people want to take over Canada. This Malaysian take over bid was actually a Chinese take over bid. I suppose our government knew it too. The Malaysian government isn't quite as domineering as Chinas though. We have the oil, they wnat and need the oil. Let the free market take care of things without giving away our sovereignty. Ask a Taiwanese what we should do... at least they understand how China operates. Doesn't Canada have any experts on China that actually know China at all ?

Lance Leftardashian

It's not just Canada that needs our oil and we should help them.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"It's not just Canada that needs our oil and we should help them.

For once I actually agree with you.