Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Re: Punjabi & Chinese Languages Most Common Immigrant Tongue

Started by Securious, October 24, 2012, 11:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Securious

Official Bilingualism is only found practiced in one province only..the only signatory to the plan is New Brunswick. So don't let anyone fool you in thinking Canada is officially bilingual when its not. New Brunswick is the only official bilingual province in Canada. Ipso facto, inreality we are not a bilingual country, although the government would want you to think it is. Pure propaganda and a total waste of money.

FAIL!

Securious

Canada is English w/ a French add-on, annoying actually!

Gary Oak

If they taught French to kindergarten grade one to three the way I teach English then everybody would have basic french.When I taught these grades in China all students including the ones who weren't interested or tried understaood everything I said for 40 minutes easily. I believe that this simple method develops "a part of the brain" for a particular language that is being learned. Once say a hundred words are very familiar then adding words is quite easy using a different method. Once I discovered this I always have a language on the go. Languages are fun and I believe language aquisition is very good exercise for the brain. I am contemplating learning French but haven't decided which language is next.

I read that "EXPERTS" say that one can't klearn a new language after age 24 ! What a joke and these idiots call themselves EXPERTS ?

Gary Oak

Tagalog is rapidly catching up. Filipinos have proven themselves to be desireable immigrants. They work hard, like us and like Canada. Everybody has had to deal with EI's that have made us wish we never let them in. Chinese well... this topic is wwell explained on this forum and it appears those in power understand what they are up to. So far filipinos coming to Canada has been very good for Canada as lots of bisunesses in every small town will attest. The employers also really like their filipinos. I believe alot of this has to do with the filipino's sense of humour and usually cheerful nature. I speak tagalog and they really cheer up when they hear me speak tagalog to them. Chinese men hate me speaking chinese and get very alarmed when they near me speaking chinese. This should be telling those with a brain something.

Anonymous

I didn't see Spanish mentioned when I clicked on the link.

k.s.ethan

Not surprisingly, Cantonese recorded little growth:

Population growth (in percent) in number of persons who reported speaking one of the top 25 immigrant languages most often at home, Canada, 2006 to 2011

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2011/as-sa/98-314-x/2011001/fig/fig1-eng.gif">

Rambo Wong

Cantonese is the official language of Hong Kong and Macao. Macao is the Las Vegas of Asia and grosses more money every year than Las Vegas.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"Cantonese is the official language of Hong Kong and Macao. Macao is the Las Vegas of Asia and grosses more money every year than Las Vegas.

That may be true, but Las Vegas has much more to offer than just gambling.

k.s.ethan

Pinay

That's interesting ! there must be a growing number of Pinoys and Pinays in Canada :-)

Lance Leftardashian

It's wonderful that in Canada everyone is free t o speak any language of their choosing.
I care, you pay

Rambo Wong

Chinese should be a  language of Canada just as French and English are.