A

Carbon taxes are not the answer

Started by Anonymous, January 30, 2013, 04:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=504995 time=1688262174 user_id=164
Quote from: DKG post_id=504820 time=1688127832 user_id=3390
C02 is only 0.04% of the atmosphere.

Correct.  It's sad that 'experts' didn't know...they couldn't answer that question when asked.

They know.

Herman

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=504992 time=1688261593 user_id=164
Quote from: Herman post_id=504649 time=1687933283 user_id=3396

Eddie the Chug wants guest posting so he can follow mus around nipping at our ankles.

He's made it pretty obvious here.

Looking at eds and mel:

https://media.tenor.com/r9wyT0mhyEQAAAAM/dibo-the-gift-dragon-looking.gif">

They aint getting any.

Herman

The clean fuel regulations were first proposed in 2016, but they've faced delays and revisions along the way.

There won't be much of a change to pump prices across the country on July 1, experts say, although there will be a noticeable increase several years down the road.

The price impacts of the regulations will largely be based on how refineries and the fuel industry decide to comply, which experts say remains a big unknown.

"The policy has a pretty soft start because what it's requiring is to some extent even less than what is actually being required of other pre-existing policies," said Michael Wolinetz, a partner at Vancouver-based Navius Research, which provides consulting services on energy and the environment.

"We're not expecting the policy to have any real bite until around 2025."

Companies have to achieve carbon emission reduction targets each year by earning credits through improvements to production facilities (such as building a carbon capture and storage facility at a refinery), lowering the carbon intensity of the actual fuel (by adding more ethanol, for instance) and by offering electric vehicle charging and hydrogen vehicle fuelling.

There's also a credit trading system that allows companies to spend money to comply.

Adding more ethanol to gasoline and diesel is likely the most common way that industry will comply, say experts, because it's already being done, just in smaller quantities.

As the clean fuel requirements ramp up, so will prices at the pump as fuel companies face higher expenses, such as the purchase of more biofuels.

By 2030, the Parliamentary Budget Office predicts a price increase of 17 cents per litre — although it warns this is considered an upper limit. Experts agree, saying that estimate is likely the maximum price impact.

Shen Li

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=505007 time=1688284484 user_id=3409
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=505003 time=1688275281 user_id=3389

Canada is down to 1.5% of global emissions and it still hasn't stopped the climate from doing what it always has and that is change. True Dope is ignoring the science.

I said it was a grift, I meant it. That all these enviro-nazis are coming out with the same talking points and rhetoric at the same time tells me that it's not Trudiepoos bright idea, but something he and climate alarmists like him are being told to say, And with every last one of them effectively telling us "do as I say, not as I do", I know the underlying premise is a crock of moose shit before I do a deeper dive on any of their Chicken Little claims and the solutions proposed.

The carbon credits trading scheme is nothing more or less than an elaborate tax where those with power and influence can milk the poor with impunity, using purchased (hell, "appropriated") credit to cover the rich's opulent lifestyles in the face of an invented crisis. There is not a single person alive on the planet who will ever witness the doomsday scenario of a global meltdown, but we are expected to think of the future nonetheless and forego our own lifestyles so a few thousand can live like utter pigs at our expense.

Same goes for the Troonie-Tunes argument. If your family line can be eradicated by sterilizing your children, the children of wealthier stock have a better chance of assuming the role of their forefathers. They won't have to worry about as much opposition now will they?

It is all a grift, and the sooner you refuse/resist it in all it's forms, the sooner you get to making yourself right again.

">

And I don't much care where you think your rights came from; all that matters is that you understand that you (a) have them and (b) that they will be taken from you if you don't fight like hell to keep them inviolate.

Because nobody else is going to do it for you.

It's so fucking stupi.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=505063 time=1688347041 user_id=3389

It's so fucking stupi.

Agreed, but it's a "stupid" that gets results. Considering few enough of us are calling them out in any meaningful way means it is succeeding.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=504997 time=1688263864 user_id=164

We don't even have near what China and the US pump out...but it's made to sound like Canada is the worst in the world...how does this make any sense??

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/20211026_Cumulative_carbon_dioxide_CO2_emissions_by_country_-_bar_chart.svg">

And AUSTRALIANS are also blamed as the worst in the world.

Why are liars  unaccountable?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I might have something to do with wrecking the virgin habitat...  BRAZIL, OZ and Indonesia are wrecking forests.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur post_id=505083 time=1688379121 user_id=2156
Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=504997 time=1688263864 user_id=164
We don't even have near what China and the US pump out...but it's made to sound like Canada is the worst in the world...how does this make any sense??

And AUSTRALIANS are also blamed as the worst in the world.

Why are liars  unaccountable?

You both realise that in both cases it is your own media, governments and local NGOs making the claim at your country's expense, right? Step into someone else's country and you'll find neither Canada nor Australia are being accused of "being the worst".

Hell, you can see for yourself in the graph. Also note that it is a cumulative total over more years than many of the countries listed were industrialised, if they were to be considered industrialised at all. More useful would be a year by year comparison... want to hazard a guess why that data isn't on offer instead? Which country might be telling us all to take a flying fuck at a rolling donut if you enjoyed a fuller picture?

Better question perhaps? How soon will you be telling your detractors to take a flying fuck at a rolling donut?  :wink:
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles