The best topic

Replies: 10482
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 28, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 14 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

I think I may stick to my preferred method of taking a few hours to make them but I'll check it out.

I ended up making prawns, baby potatoes and a salad and Lo made our famous Greek dressing!  And then we ate and watched orange is the new black.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I think I may stick to my preferred method of taking a few hours to make them but I'll check it out.

I ended up making prawns, baby potatoes and a salad and Lo made our famous Greek dressing!  And then we ate and watched orange is the new black.

I wish my family liked them.

Blazor

I like prawns! Thats what y'all call big ass shrimp up there lol. I found out in Seattle lol.

Whats for dinner? ........

">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Pot roast Blazor?

Is that like your specialty desserts?

:icon_wink:

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"Pot roast Blazor?

:laugh:

Nah, Im actually making pot roast lol.

Im a lil late getting started, just got back from the grocery store. They had chuck roast on sale 2.99 a pound, so I figured why not. Gonna put it in the crockpot on low with some taters and carrots. I use that McCormick Slow Cooker pot roast season mixed with some water and pour it over it. Honey butter biscuits on the side.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Pot roast Blazor?

:laugh:

Nah, Im actually making pot roast lol.

Im a lil late getting started, just got back from the grocery store. They had chuck roast on sale 2.99 a pound, so I figured why not. Gonna put it in the crockpot on low with some taters and carrots. I use that McCormick Slow Cooker pot roast season mixed with some water and pour it over it. Honey butter biscuits on the side.

I'm thinking I should do something in the slow cooker for tomorrow..

We have an elk roast in the freezer that was given to us.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
I'm thinking I should do something in the slow cooker for tomorrow..

We have an elk roast in the freezer that was given to us.

Ooooo, I've never had elk, but I imagine like venison.

I was actually gonna have this for the Sunday meal, but my gf had a tooth pulled in the back (wisdom tooth messed it up coming in), and she cant chew much, so I switched up my meals to make it easier for her. Tomorrow is Herb Chicken, real good.

Sometimes I slice the chicken breast, but place the breast in a dish, cover with chopped tomatoes. Mix 1 envelope of Lipton Savory Herb with Garlic Soup mix, 1/3 cup of water, and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, pour that over the chicken and tomatoes. Bake uncovered at 400 for 20 minutes, then top with mozzarella, and a lil grated parmesan cheese, bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.

:thumbup:

Anonymous

Elk is similar to venison, but less gamey....in between moose and venison.

Blazor

I've never had moose either lol.

I dont find venison that gamey. The place that processes the meat lets them hang for a week, which takes away a lot of the gamey flavor.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I've never had moose either lol.

I dont find venison that gamey. The place that processes the meat lets them hang for a week, which takes away a lot of the gamey flavor.

That could be it..

My husband doesn't hunt, so when if we are given wild game, we don't know what they've done before wrapping it in butcher paper.

Blazor

That could be it..

My husband doesn't hunt, so when if we are given wild game, we don't know what they've done before wrapping it in butcher paper.

Ah ok, that makes sense. I dont mind being given some venison lol, but its always much better when I get one myself and take it to the processor.

I do say a prayer over the fallen dear btw, its only respectful.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

That could be it..

Ah ok, that makes sense. I dont mind being given some venison lol, but its always much better when I get one myself and take it to the processor.

I do say a prayer over the fallen dear btw, its only respectful.

The  person who gives us wild game processes and wraps it himself.

Anonymous

I'm making Mediterranean chicken for supper tonight.

Blazor

Sounds good Fash, what makes it Mediterranean if you're using chicken?

Dont remember what I put on the menu for last night. Might be corndogs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Sounds good Fash, what makes it Mediterranean if you're using chicken?

Dont remember what I put on the menu for last night. Might be corndogs.

The ingredients Blazor.

4 (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast halves

3 tablespoons lemon juice

3 tablespoons olive oil

3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

3 garlic clove, crushed in garlic press or finely chopped

1 teaspoon paprika

1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper