The best topic

Replies: 10474
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:17:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Soup night here, so I had the savory pot roast kind, and toasted cheese.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm making broccoli quinoa casserole for meatless Mondays.

Kiebers is doing Meatless March, and Angus free April  :laugh:

Gotta be hard for a Texan.

Kiebers, another thing to watch is sodium. Sodium makes you gain too. Your body tricks itself and goes into storage mode.

I will be salt free throughout most of this thing. I plan on using quite a bit of Mrs Dash flavorings. Also finding that beans can be a substitute for potatoes. Not looking as bleak as I made it sound. Hardest thing with beans will not be adding bacon for flavoring. We shall see...
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Soup night here, so I had the savory pot roast kind, and toasted cheese.

Remind me again Blazor, is toasted cheese the same as grilled cheese?

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
I will be salt free throughout most of this thing. I plan on using quite a bit of Mrs Dash flavorings. Also finding that beans can be a substitute for potatoes. Not looking as bleak as I made it sound. Hardest thing with beans will not be adding bacon for flavoring. We shall see...

Oh man lol, no bacon!? I would of drawn the line right there  :laugh:

No taters either, sheesh. Taters are a starch though, so I can see the need for a sub. At least you can do beans, and beans are high in fiber. You can sub 1 gram of fiber for 1 carb, as in something with 20 carbs, and 5 fiber, = 15 carbs.

I really feel for ya man. Even almost brisket time! Grillin' season! Well, grilled veggies are real good, so thats a plus at least lol. I love grilled veggies, green tomatoes, squash, zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, avocados, Im sure some others lol.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Soup night here, so I had the savory pot roast kind, and toasted cheese.

I was waiting for you to ask me again soon lol. Not the same, toasted cheese is one slice of cheese on one slice of bread that is baked til toasty. Grilled cheese is 2 slices of bread and 1 or 2 slices of cheese, like a sammich, fried in some butter. Grilled is best, but toasted is easy with less dishes lol.

kiebers

Oh man lol, no bacon!? I would of drawn the line right there  :laugh:

No taters either, sheesh. Taters are a starch though, so I can see the need for a sub. At least you can do beans, and beans are high in fiber. You can sub 1 gram of fiber for 1 carb, as in something with 20 carbs, and 5 fiber, = 15 carbs.

I really feel for ya man. Even almost brisket time! Grillin' season! Well, grilled veggies are real good, so thats a plus at least lol. I love grilled veggies, green tomatoes, squash, zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, avocados, Im sure some others lol.

I would use the beans as a break from eating potatoes. Otherwise its nothing but potatoes for 2 weeks. I may do a week of potatoes and a week of beans. There may be some objections about the beans here at the house, but typically my farts don't stink...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

I would use the beans as a break from eating potatoes. Otherwise its nothing but potatoes for 2 weeks. I may do a week of potatoes and a week of beans. There may be some objections about the beans here at the house, but typically my farts don't stink...LOL

Oh man, I get real windy with beans too lol, but same, they dont stink. Its the pre-shit farts that stink lolol.

I remember one time, I went camping, and I had packed some food. Middle of the night my gut is full of air, and that tent would of floated away if it wasnt staked down lol. Turned out, I had ate over 100 grams of fiber!

Anonymous

I was waiting for you to ask me again soon lol. Not the same, toasted cheese is one slice of cheese on one slice of bread that is baked til toasty. Grilled cheese is 2 slices of bread and 1 or 2 slices of cheese, like a sammich, fried in some butter. Grilled is best, but toasted is easy with less dishes lol.

I know grilled cheese as being baked in an oven or toaster oven..

I never eat grilled cheese, but they make it in the lunchroom at my husband's shop.

Blazor

I never eat, but they make it in the lunchroom at my husband's shop.

I see the confusion lol.

A good grilled cheese if fried in butter.

This pic doesnt look like its fried in butter though, and also I like to flatten mine some with the spatula...

https://newzmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/grilled-mayo-1.jpg">

This is a toasted cheese, one slice of each. I normally stick mine on a backing sheet though....

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-795dc925855299678bda67ef7ca23c78-c">

kiebers

I see the confusion lol.

This pic doesnt look like its fried in butter though, and also I like to flatten mine some with the spatula...

Next time you do a grilled cheese, open a can of peaches and dip the sandwich in the juice. I make sure its saturated before taking a bite...

It's the way my grandma did it way way back when I was just a little tyke. My grandpa liked it too.

Blazor

Next time you do a grilled cheese, open a can of peaches and dip the sandwich in the juice. I make sure its saturated before taking a bite...

It's the way my grandma did it way way back when I was just a little tyke. My grandpa liked it too.

Interesting, never heard that before. Like dip it after you fry it?

kiebers

Yep. Let the juice soak in a little...a little sweet with the saltiness of the butter and cheese is really good. Then eat the peaches...just because.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

I see the confusion lol.

This is a toasted cheese, one slice of each. I normally stick mine on a backing sheet though....

At my husband's shop, they slice cheese, perhaps add spinach or a slice of onion and make it like a sandwich and then bake it in the toaster oven..

They usually dip it in mustard or ketchup.

Blazor

At my husband's shop, they slice cheese, perhaps add spinach or a slice of onion and make it like a sandwich and then bake it in the toaster oven..

Sounds like a toasted cheese sandwich lol.

If it goes in the oven, I cant call it a grilled cheese, its blasphemy lol. It still sounds real good though, and if at a shop, with a toaster oven, ya make do, I would do it lol.

Anonymous

I see the confusion lol.

The second one looks tasty. I would add toppings to it and make it like a pizza.