The best topic

Replies: 10493
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:27:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

That was a little over an hour on the pit, indirect heat, at 250F. As you can see from the gif we were producing a lot of smoke. Like I said, no burn just smoke. Best turkey I have ever had.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

realgrimm

Quote from: "kiebers"That was a little over an hour on the pit, indirect heat, at 250F. As you can see from the gif we were producing a lot of smoke. Like I said, no burn just smoke. Best turkey I have ever had.

I bet,smoked eats are good eats :chef:  :eating-smileys-emoticons43:

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"That was a little over an hour on the pit, indirect heat, at 250F. As you can see from the gif we were producing a lot of smoke. Like I said, no burn just smoke. Best turkey I have ever had.

Some years at Christmas the Sobey's has smoked turkeys..

They are very expensive and frankly they don't look like they are smoked enough.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "kiebers"I think our turkey breast is getting plenty of smoke. Starting it on the pit and finishing in the oven.

">
You are not doing a whole turkey? How do you cook the stuffing than if not inside the turkey cavity?

I don't know of many that still cook their stuffing inside the turkey these days. Mother in laws stuffing is my favorite, because she makes it into patties and bakes them, with bits of turkey inside them, so good.
SB, no just a breast. It still weighs 7 lbs. I am with Blazor on the stuffing. If you have more than 3 people eating odds are very high that there won't be enough to go around. My family never stuffed the cavity with anything. I have had stuffing like that and to be honest I prefer the pan made dressing. And you will need a couple of large pans if you have 6 or more.

I just saw a video making corn dogs out of left over dressing. That was something I had never thought of...LOL
That is 7 pounds of no waste turkey. My wife and I don't like the dark meat, so we waste a fair bit of a turkey.

I like the dark meat actually, cause no matter who cooks it, even if dried out, the dark meat always has some moisture to it and still tender lol.

Cool on the corndogs Kiebers, I never thought of that either.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"Had it on the pit for a little over an hour. Took meat temp to 135F on the pit, then went to the oven and took it to 175F and took it out to rest. This was the tenderest, flavorful, melt in your mouth turkey I have ever had. Tender and texture comparable the best beef filet.

Looks burned, its not, pure smoke.

Thats awesome and looks and sounds good. I agree with Grimm, smoked meats are the best lol.

Blazor

I ate 3 meals yesterday and passed out lol. I had turkey and gravy, stuffing, stuffing patties, ham, mashed taters, pasta salad, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, shrimp, mac and cheese, glazed carrots, stuffed mushrooms, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and key lime pie lol. Some of those things more than once lol. Ate at 2 places and then leftovers later.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "kiebers"I think our turkey breast is getting plenty of smoke. Starting it on the pit and finishing in the oven.

">
You are not doing a whole turkey? How do you cook the stuffing than if not inside the turkey cavity?

I don't know of many that still cook their stuffing inside the turkey these days. Mother in laws stuffing is my favorite, because she makes it into patties and bakes them, with bits of turkey inside them, so good.
SB, no just a breast. It still weighs 7 lbs. I am with Blazor on the stuffing. If you have more than 3 people eating odds are very high that there won't be enough to go around. My family never stuffed the cavity with anything. I have had stuffing like that and to be honest I prefer the pan made dressing. And you will need a couple of large pans if you have 6 or more.

I just saw a video making corn dogs out of left over dressing. That was something I had never thought of...LOL
That is 7 pounds of no waste turkey. My wife and I don't like the dark meat, so we waste a fair bit of a turkey.

I like the dark meat actually, cause no matter who cooks it, even if dried out, the dark meat always has some moisture to it and still tender lol.

Cool on the corndogs Kiebers, I never thought of that either.
The darker the meat on turkey, the worse it tastes in our opinion.

Anonymous

I'm making spinach, cheese and onion quiche for meatless Monday.

kiebers

Lol awesome man. Thats how I do mine most time, toasted cheese bread, a slice of bread with a slice of cheese baked on top. Grilled cheese is good dont get me wrong, just more clean up, and "aint nobody got time fo' dat!"  :laugh:

The freezer loaf had to come out tonight. It made an excellent grilled cheese and went very well with the tomato basil soup....

https://i.imgur.com/L98rQ42.jpg?1">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"Smoked! Nice!

Yet people decry smoking cigarettes.

Smoked food is carcinogenic too.

Blazor

Lol awesome man. Thats how I do mine most time, toasted cheese bread, a slice of bread with a slice of cheese baked on top. Grilled cheese is good dont get me wrong, just more clean up, and "aint nobody got time fo' dat!"  :laugh:

The freezer loaf had to come out tonight. It made an excellent grilled cheese and went very well with the tomato basil soup....

Nice man! I almost had soup last night, but I felt those Thanksgiving leftovers HAD to be eaten lol. The stray cats are gonna get the rest of the turkey.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Blazor"Smoked! Nice!

Yet people decry smoking cigarettes.

Smoked food is carcinogenic too.

Shhhhhhh, we dont need to know that!!!

Smoked anything is so tasty though.

Cigs have other chemicals, and you cant eat those! If ya gonna smoke, smoke a left handed cig  :thumbup:

Anonymous

Nice man! I almost had soup last night, but I felt those Thanksgiving leftovers HAD to be eaten lol. The stray cats are gonna get the rest of the turkey.

There's so many things I could do with the remaining turkey Blazor.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

At this point its right at a week old, time for it to go, its not much. Its the kitty's turn at Thanksgiving lol.

But if there was enough to save to do something with, I could of froze it, but dont know what I would of done with it other than sammiches. I heard someone say they could make soup with it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

At this point its right at a week old, time for it to go, its not much. Its the kitty's turn at Thanksgiving lol.

But if there was enough to save to do something with, I could of froze it, but dont know what I would of done with it other than sammiches. I heard someone say they could make soup with it.

Cooked turkey can be kept in the fridge for a while..

My husband likes the white meat exclusively for sandwiches, which I freeze after it's been carved..

The dark meat meat is excellent soups, stir frys and so on.