The best topic

Replies: 10495
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:44:23 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Back in the States, I went to Harris Teeter and I knew my butcher.

I've heard of them. Apparently they are in Florida. But  I've never been in one on my annual pilgrimage to the sunshine state.

@realAzhyaAryola

In the suburbs of the Beltway, there is also Giant Food Stores. They are very good too. If they don't have the meat out, the butcher can go in the back and cut it for me.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I go to Superstore and Co-Op. I've been to T & T once. Do you go there? I'll check Safeway too.

We buy a good percentage of our groceries from T&T. The rest is from Safewy/Sobey's and Costco. We avoid Superstore. The produce is disgusting.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Back in the States, I went to Harris Teeter and I knew my butcher.

We dont have Harris Teeter here anymore. But I know my butcher at Kroger, and they always did me right. As far as finding meats like that, Wade's was a good one, or a few folks that raise animals and sell are around.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I go to Superstore and Co-Op. I've been to T & T once. Do you go there? I'll check Safeway too.

We buy a good percentage of our groceries from T&T. The rest is from Safewy/Sobey's and Costco. We avoid Superstore. The produce is disgusting.

I cant stand WalMart meat or produce. All that I get from Kroger.

Blazor

Making pepper bread tonight. My friend's mom use to make it, and now shes in Florida. He found the pickled peppers and the recipe from his sister and wants me to make it tonight lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Making pepper bread tonight. My friend's mom use to make it, and now shes in Florida. He found the pickled peppers and the recipe from his sister and wants me to make it tonight lol.

Pepper bread eh??  I'm not into bread, but it sounds intriguing.

@realAzhyaAryola

I don't see veal in Superstore. I enjoy veal.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I don't see veal in Superstore. I enjoy veal.

We never buy it, but I've seen it in Save-On.

@realAzhyaAryola

Thanks for the tip. Will check Save-On out one day.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Thanks for the tip. Will check Save-On out one day.

They're more expensive than Co-op or Safeway, but the quality of meat and produce is better..

And certainly much better than Superstore.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"Making pepper bread tonight. My friend's mom use to make it, and now shes in Florida. He found the pickled peppers and the recipe from his sister and wants me to make it tonight lol.

It was my favorite thing his mom made. Think he grabbed canned french bread, and he says its only the pickled peppers and hamburger in it, and its rolled up and baked. Im excited, as its been nearly 20 years since I've had some lol. He says these peppers come from West Virginia.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

It was my favorite thing his mom made. Think he grabbed canned french bread, and he says its only the pickled peppers and hamburger in it, and its rolled up and baked. Im excited, as its been nearly 20 years since I've had some lol. He says these peppers come from West Virginia.

What is that?

Frood

We made the rounds of a few Australia Day barbecues held by friends and a family member today and ate a lot of salads and barbecued lamb. One spot actually had barbecued prawns. We thought it was a joke at first, except it was definitely prawns and not those silly little shrimp things you North Americans and Asians export in tins.

Hubby begrudgingly drank light beers and did all of the driving for a change!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I accidentally broke a neighbour's glass sauna door trying to play backyard cricket pissed aaf and possibly ruined my cousin's lesbian girl crush date who is studying to be a pos Victorian copper.

:thumbup:

We get together to eat, swim, hang shit, and get maggoted. She shouldn't have invited a maggot.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"

What is that?

Not the right dough evidently lol, the Pilsbury kind. We need to make homemade dough next time for this to turn out right.