The best topic

Replies: 10495
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 01, 2024, 06:44:23 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Taco Tuesday.

Hard taco  shells Blazor?

Yes mam  :thumbup:

What do you put in them?

Berry Sweet

Anyone ever heard of a pea, mint and feta fritter? Saw it online and it looks interesting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Anyone ever heard of a pea, mint and feta fritter? Saw it online and it looks interesting.

I've never heard of it Berry.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Anyone ever heard of a pea, mint and feta fritter? Saw it online and it looks interesting.

I've never heard of it Berry.

Neither have I.  I was googling what would go good with a pork loin roast (which I never buy) and this popped up.  I'm down to try it!

Anonymous

I have a craving for Greek food. I want to go to a Greek restaurant.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"I have a craving for Greek food. I want to go to a Greek restaurant.

:thumbup:

What do you like that's Greek??

I made souvlaki tonight.  With pitas and tomatoes and cucumbers.  And of course tzatziki.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I have a craving for Greek food. I want to go to a Greek restaurant.

I made souvlaki tonight.  With pitas and tomatoes and cucumbers.  And of course tzatziki.

I was hoping to  get your attention. I know moussaka by name and not a lot else. I've tried many kinds of Greek dishes, but I don't know the names of them. What can you recommend?

Frood

We've got a garlic marinated butterfly'd lamb roast for tonight. It's basically Greek. Especially if it gets cooked on the charcoal grill. Bit of salads with it.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Perhaps you can educate us about Greek food Berry..

It's a very healthy cuisine.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Blazor"Taco Tuesday.

Hard taco  shells Blazor?

Yes mam  :thumbup:

What do you put in them?

Same as the picture I showed before lol. Cheddar on the bottom (so it melts when the hot meat goes on top, and so it dont fall off), then ground turkey that was cooked with taco seasoning (I get Kroger brand), then hot sauce, then diced tomatoes, then lettuce. Sometimes I'll add avocado.

My box of taco shells were all broken, and I KNOW it wasnt my fault. So last night I had taco salad lol. Had Bush's chili beans and Spanish rice on the side.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I ordered a chicken, romaine and fruit salad today for lunch.

Blazor

Im a lil interested in this contraption called a sous vide. My brother had one last time I visited, and he cooked a steak in it, then pan seared it. Was so perfect. And tonight my friend invited me over and he made a pork loin with one, and it was marinated in Jamaican Jerk sauce. Man it was good. Any of y'all use one of these?

http://innovations.status.si/media/blockimages/thumbs/SVC100-3_0CSdBnp.jpg.800x600_q85.jpg">

Frood

My brother cooks everything with his but I've never used one before.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Blazor"Im a lil interested in this contraption called a sous vide. My brother had one last time I visited, and he cooked a steak in it, then pan seared it. Was so perfect. And tonight my friend invited me over and he made a pork loin with one, and it was marinated in Jamaican Jerk sauce. Man it was good. Any of y'all use one of these?

http://innovations.status.si/media/blockimages/thumbs/SVC100-3_0CSdBnp.jpg.800x600_q85.jpg">

Looks good...

economical and no fuss.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Blazor

It cooks meat perfectly, cause it cooks up until it reaches the temperature the meat is suppose to be to be considered done. I had never even seen one or heard of one til back in September.

Personally, I prefer a steak on a charcoal grill. But, I was pretty amazed at how that steak turned out. Same with the pork loin last night. Nice and tender and full of juices (since moist is a word shunned these days lol). I could see a bunch of things being made with this thing. Salmon, chicken, a pot roast.

I dont plan on getting one anytime soon though, they cost around $100. But one day, I'll prolly snag one lol.