The best topic

Replies: 10499
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:25:35 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by MrNiceGuy

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I don't really like any type of beans...

Black eyed peas are a type of bean?

How come Fash, do they give you swamp gas  :laugh:

I would consider them a bean, about 95% sure they are lol.

I don't like the taste of beans..

I understand they are staples in Mexican/Central American cuisine.

Ah ok, you sure you just aint had 'em made right, aka by a Southern gentleman  :laugh:

No, I haven't.

Well there ya go, you dont know what good beans taste like  :laugh:

I didn't know beans could taste good.

We can make anything taste good down here, batter it and throw it in the deep fryer  :laugh:

Deep fried pinto beans.... hmmmmm  ac_umm
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Ah ok, you sure you just aint had 'em made right, aka by a Southern gentleman  :laugh:

No, I haven't.

We can make anything taste good down here, batter it and throw it in the deep fryer  :laugh:

Next time we're in the USA, I'll order some kind of beans.

Blazor

No, I haven't.

The best pintos, take a few days to make. With a hamhock cooked in it. And a stick of butter before they are done lol. You dont want a soupy bean, the stock should be somewhat thick.

If you try them in Northern USA, I cant guarantee that you will like them any better   :laugh:

Blazor

Last night was easy night, corndogs.

Tonight, grilled tuna.

Anonymous

No, I haven't.

The best pintos, take a few days to make. With a hamhock cooked in it. And a stick of butter before they are done lol. You dont want a soupy bean, the stock should be somewhat thick.

If you try them in Northern USA, I cant guarantee that you will like them any better   :laugh:

My husband goes to North Dakota for work quite frequently..

Williston is a boom town attracting people from all over the USA..

Perhaps one could find Southern USA cuisine.

kiebers

I like to take about a 1/4 cup of the cooked beans and mash them up into a paste. Add it back for thickening. Hamhocks are great but bacon and ham work as well. Long as its cured pork its goodness. And onions, gotta have onions cooking along with it. Green onions on the side when served. Damn, gonna have to cook some pintos this weekend. LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"

I like to take about a 1/4 cup of the cooked beans and mash them up into a paste. Add it back for thickening. Hamhocks are great but bacon and ham work as well. Long as its cured pork its goodness. And onions, gotta have onions cooking along with it. Green onions on the side when served. Damn, gonna have to cook some pintos this weekend. LOL

Good idea on mashing some up!

I use to do ham hocks, and then I started doing country ham trimmings, but what I usually do, is after baking a ham, I'll carve it but not all the way to the bone, so there is meat on it still, and freeze til Im ready to make beans. The meat falls off the bone while its cooking, and the bone adds a LOT of flavor  :thumbup:

The bone I'll give to a neighbor's dog lol.

Anonymous

I've never tried anything like it.

Anonymous

I'm making Chinese style chicken soup with rice and broccoli and garlic tonight.

Blazor

:ohmy:

I was right! You havent had Southern cooked beans  :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm making Chinese style chicken soup with rice and broccoli and garlic tonight.

Sounds good, but Im not a fan of soup on a Friday lol, should be a fun meal.

I was so hungry last night and got home later than I wanted, so instead of waiting over an hour for the tuna to thaw, I just popped a pizza in the oven lol.

Tonight is grilled boneless chicken thighs, with a Texas BBQ dry rub.

Anonymous

:ohmy:

I was right! You havent had Southern cooked beans  :laugh:

Southern style beans are not that popular here. Frankly, I don't know why they are anywhere.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Southern style beans are not that popular here. Frankly, I don't know why they are anywhere.

:mad:

https://media.giphy.com/media/a2rrWyt2JQ0Ao/200.gif">

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

:mad:

https://media.giphy.com/media/a2rrWyt2JQ0Ao/200.gif">

:MG_216:

kiebers

Looks like it's make condiments day.

Off to caramelize a couple of large onions, to add to this copycat recipe for Rudy's BBQ sauce. I caramelize the onions using olive oil, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and a little soy sauce. Recipe doesn't call for the onions but damn they are so good when added to the sauce. Usually go a little heavy on the fresh cracked pepper, just because.

Rudy's BBQ Sauce

•   8ounces canned tomato sauce

•   1/2cup ketchup

•   1/2cup brown sugar

•   2.5tablespoons white vinegar

•   2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

•   2tablespoons lemon juice

•   1teaspoon garlic powder

•   1teaspoon fresh cracked pepper

•   1/4teaspoon cumin

•   1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper

•   BBQ sauce: mix everything together in a pan and cook over medium low heat for 30 minutes. This can also be made ahead and keeps in the refrigerator for weeks.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone