The best topic

Replies: 10499
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:25:35 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by MrNiceGuy

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Looks like it's make condiments day.

Off to caramelize a couple of large onions, to add to this copycat recipe for Rudy's BBQ sauce. I caramelize the onions using olive oil, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and a little soy sauce. Recipe doesn't call for the onions but damn they are so good when added to the sauce. Usually go a little heavy on the fresh cracked pepper, just because.

Rudy's BBQ Sauce

•   8ounces canned tomato sauce

•   1/2cup ketchup

•   1/2cup brown sugar

•   2.5tablespoons white vinegar

•   2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

•   2tablespoons lemon juice

•   1teaspoon garlic powder

•   1teaspoon fresh cracked pepper

•   1/4teaspoon cumin

•   1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper

•   BBQ sauce: mix everything together in a pan and cook over medium low heat for 30 minutes. This can also be made ahead and keeps in the refrigerator for weeks.

That must be delicious.

Blazor

Sounds good Kiebers!

I made meaty spaghetti with a friend last night.

Tonight, Taco Tuesday!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

The recent growth of "Beyond Meat" has been explosive. As a plant-based protein product that mimics meat it sounds like a healthy alternative. However with almost 20 ingredients that health experts say makes it a highly processed food and the fact it is very high in sodium, there is no legitimate claim or data that shows it is healthier. As such, I'm sticking with the ultimate plant based protein: beef and chicken.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"The recent growth of "Beyond Meat" has been explosive. As a plant-based protein product that mimics meat it sounds like a healthy alternative. However with almost 20 ingredients that health experts say makes it a highly processed food and the fact it is very high in sodium, there is no legitimate claim or data that shows it is healthier. As such, I'm sticking with the ultimate plant based protein: beef and chicken.

That's what I wondered too..

It's processed and has as much claories as beef, chicken or turkey.

Anonymous

I had ravioli in white wine sauce for lunch. It was outragepusly good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"I had ravioli in white wine sauce for lunch. It was outragepusly good.

I can't recall if I have ever tasted ravioli.

ac_umm

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
I can't recall if I have ever tasted ravioli.

ac_umm

If you are interested to try it, I think you will find frozen ones in the supermarket. You can just try frozen as an introduction. Nothing beats fresh made, of course, but it's just a suggestion. I love biting into them and taste the ricotta cheese and spinach. Some are not filled with spinach.

I served it to my sons. They ate it but it's not their favorite. They prefer meat in their lasagna, spaghetti, etcetera.

Here's a photo of ravioli in red sauce.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TOh0OrfCDd0/VAYmLUVkHtI/AAAAAAAAE0c/aut2x4l89YE/s1600/photo%2B13.JPG">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I had seafood pasta with garlic bread. Yum.

https://www.plated.com/uploads/culinary/recipe_image/file/47587/hero_yO28Vo8yQG2tp8vv8gDX_Shrimp_Fra_Diavolo_with_Angel_Hair_Pasta_and_Asiago-Garlic_Bread-0026___HERO.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I had chicken, eggplant, and spinach, and was about to make stir-fry but I found another suggestion with diced tomatoes. It could be served over rice or pasta. Top it with basil for garnish.

https://lexiscleankitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/One-Pan-Eggplant-Chicken1.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Last week, I made Swedish Meatballs. It is always a popular dish.

https://www.mom4real.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IKEA-copycat-swedish-meatballs.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Last week, I made Swedish Meatballs. It is always a popular dish.

https://www.mom4real.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IKEA-copycat-swedish-meatballs.jpg">

I have never tried Swedish meatballs. Are they typically served with noodles?

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I had chicken, eggplant, and spinach, and was about to make stir-fry but I found another suggestion with diced tomatoes. It could be served over rice or pasta. Top it with basil for garnish.

https://lexiscleankitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/One-Pan-Eggplant-Chicken1.jpg">

I want to try that Azhya.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Yes, seoulbro. It is usually served over egg noddles. The broader or wider, the better.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Yes, seoulbro. It is usually served over egg noddles. The broader or wider, the better.

mmmm

kiebers

Pork tenderloin, stuffed with pepper jack cheese and wrapped with bacon. Beans and rice. Jalapeno cheese dinner roll. Sweet watermelon for dessert.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone