The best topic

Replies: 10502
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 02, 2024, 10:39:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I had deep fried pickles for the first time yesterday. Great with pints of Keith's.

I love some deep fried pickles! I didnt even like pickles til I had some of those lol. Yes, they go great with beer  :laugh:

That gives me an idea for a weekend treat.

Im surprised, I thought you would never drink beer  :laugh:

They are actually selling "pickle moonshine" now. Doubt I will ever get it, but heard folks were chopping up the pickles and putting them in tater salad.

lol, no beer.

:laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"I had deep fried pickles for the first time yesterday. Great with pints of Keith's.

I love some deep fried pickles! I didnt even like pickles til I had some of those lol. Yes, they go great with beer  :laugh:

That gives me an idea for a weekend treat.

Im surprised, I thought you would never drink beer  :laugh:

They are actually selling "pickle moonshine" now. Doubt I will ever get it, but heard folks were chopping up the pickles and putting them in tater salad.

lol, no beer.

:laugh:

Oh I know, just messin'  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Today would be my dad's bday, so Im making his favorite, grilled shrimp.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Today would be my dad's bday, so Im making his favorite, grilled shrimp.

Happy birthday to your father Blazor.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"Today would be my dad's bday, so Im making his favorite, grilled shrimp.

I said "would be" lol. But he would thank you Im sure lol. Been gone almost 2 years now.

Anonymous

I said "would be" lol. But he would thank you Im sure lol. Been gone almost 2 years now.

:sad:

Anonymous

I'm doing a pork roast in the slow cooker tonight..

Served with asparagus, and roasted red baby potatoes.

Blazor

Sounds good Fash.

My shrimp turned out good. Had broccoli, an egg roll, and some coconut jasmine rice with it. Never had coconut jasmine rice before, it was pretty good, reminded me of sticky rice.

Think Im gonna make Hamburger Helper Crunchy Taco tonight, made with ground turkey, and adding some jalapenos.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Sounds good Fash.

My shrimp turned out good. Had broccoli, an egg roll, and some coconut jasmine rice with it. Never had coconut jasmine rice before, it was pretty good, reminded me of sticky rice.

Think Im gonna make Hamburger Helper Crunchy Taco tonight, made with ground turkey, and adding some jalapenos.

Coconut jasmine rice is so aromatic.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I loved the smell of it, was so good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I loved the smell of it, was so good.

I buy it once in a while.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm doing a pork roast in the slow cooker tonight..

Hah. I made one last night. It turned out looking like this and I made the skin so crispy. Yum.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d8/30/61/d83061b4eedd3ead110826ccf8143cee.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm doing a pork roast in the slow cooker tonight..

Hah. I made one last night. It turned out looking like this and I made the skin so crispy. Yum.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d8/30/61/d83061b4eedd3ead110826ccf8143cee.jpg">

I like crispy Flipino pork.

@realAzhyaAryola

I tried this the other day. It is called Coquille St. Jacques. It looked so good I had to try it but I was disappointed. It had clam sauce, giant scallops, cream of mushrooms, then topped with mashed potatoes. The creaminess of it matched with the fishiness of the scallops just did not leave a pleasant taste in my mouth after. MmMmM. No, thank you. I shall not have it again.

I usually like all of those items separately. For example, I like to add clam sauce to my seafood paella. I love scallops. I like cream of mushroom now and then. I guess all together it just did not work for me. Anything I eat or drink that is too creamy eventually makes me nauseous.

http://static.pratico-pratiques.com/uploads/images/recipe_express/orig/1fa82e496b101e1bc7c93b75ca90908a/coquilles-saint-jacques.jpeg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I tried this the other day. It is called Coquille St. Jacques. It looked so good I had to try it but I was disappointed. It had clam sauce, giant scallops, cream of mushrooms, then topped with mashed potatoes. The creaminess of it matched with the fishiness of the scallops just did not leave a pleasant taste in my mouth after. MmMmM. No, thank you. I shall not have it again.

I usually like all of those items separately. For example, I like to add clam sauce to my seafood paella. I love scallops. I like cream of mushroom now and then. I guess all together it just did not work for me. Anything I eat or drink that is too creamy eventually makes me nauseous.

http://static.pratico-pratiques.com/uploads/images/recipe_express/orig/1fa82e496b101e1bc7c93b75ca90908a/coquilles-saint-jacques.jpeg">

I don't think that would be popular in my home.