The best topic

Replies: 10515
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:55:51 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"Starting prep for Thanksgiving today.

Today is cornbread day. Going to use the 'southern' no sugar recipes. Going to make a couple of skillets worth. Probably set up the sous vide and make some...uhm....herb butter....yeah that's it, herb butter.

Tomorrow will be green beans, not a casserole just onions, bacon, a little beef broth and maybe a splash of Worcestershire. I will also do the cranberry sauce, and if I feel real energetic, maybe some onion bread.

I think my wife felt left out last year when I did everything. This time she is telling me what I am doing. LOL

:laugh:  at that last part.

Man, if I was closer I would come to YOUR house!  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

This is the first time I have ever made cornbread. I will taste it shortly. Looks and smells really good.

https://i.imgur.com/W92uKI4.jpg?1">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Hell yeah Kiebers! I've never done it in the cast iron, but any cornbread I've had made in cast iron, always tastes awesome, so at least you're doing that right lol.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"Hell yeah Kiebers! I've never done it in the cast iron, but any cornbread I've had made in cast iron, always tastes awesome, so at least you're doing that right lol.

It is a little dense but not real bad. It does taste awesome if I do say so myself....Should make excellent dressing.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"This is the first time I have ever made cornbread. I will taste it shortly. Looks and smells really good.

https://i.imgur.com/W92uKI4.jpg?1">

Do you pan fry it? I had corn bread baked in an oven.

kiebers

Quote from: "Velvet"
Do you pan fry it? I had corn bread baked in an oven.

It was baked. I just preheated the skillet and poured the batter in while it was hot. It sizzled. Just like it is supposed too. 425 F for about 33 minutes for the big skillet.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor"Hell yeah Kiebers! I've never done it in the cast iron, but any cornbread I've had made in cast iron, always tastes awesome, so at least you're doing that right lol.

It is a little dense but not real bad. It does taste awesome if I do say so myself....Should make excellent dressing.

Awesome!

Dont know if I've ever had cornbread stuffing though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Awesome!

Dont know if I've ever had cornbread stuffing though.

I wonder what that would taste like..

I use whole wheat bread for stuffing.

kiebers

LOL...it's the only kind of dressing I have ever really had at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have had the stove top bread stuffing and it's not bad for stuff the rest of the year. But here in Texas, cornbread stuffing is all I have ever had.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"LOL...it's the only kind of dressing I have ever really had at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have had the stove top bread stuffing and it's not bad for stuff the rest of the year. But here in Texas, cornbread stuffing is all I have ever had.

I make a basic stuffing with diced celery, onion, potatoes, sage, poultry seasoning, garlic puree, butter and of  course whole wheat bread.

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"LOL...it's the only kind of dressing I have ever really had at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have had the stove top bread stuffing and it's not bad for stuff the rest of the year. But here in Texas, cornbread stuffing is all I have ever had.

I make a basic stuffing with diced celery, onion, potatoes, sage, poultry seasoning, garlic puree, butter and of  course whole wheat bread.

Pretty much the same recipe just with cornbread. Next time I will cut back on cornmeal and add more flour for less density.

Anonymous

Pretty much the same recipe just with cornbread. Next time I will cut back on cornmeal and add more flour for less density.

Kiebs, does it make it taste sweet? :yuk:

kiebers

Quote from: "Shen Li"

No not at all. No sugar used. I don't care much for the sweetened variety. There was a slight buttery taste from the stick of butter in it. Just 6 ingredients. Corn meal, flour, eggs, milk, salt and butter. All I had was self rising flour, otherwise, I would have put baking powder and soda in it.

Anonymous

No not at all. No sugar used. I don't care much for the sweetened variety. There was a slight buttery taste from the stick of butter in it. Just 6 ingredients. Corn meal, flour, eggs, milk, salt and butter. All I had was self rising flour, otherwise, I would have put baking powder and soda in it.

There's a restaurant chain here called Montana's. They serve corn bread with their meals and it's like a dessert.

Anonymous

Those ingredients in corn bread would work well for stuffing.