The best topic

Replies: 10516
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:39:33 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Flynn

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I want ramen tonight.

I been craving Ramen too lately lol, but still havent had some.

Last night I had a couple pot pies.

You should eat better

Oh I know, but those pot pies were only .39 cents each lol.

They have to be healthy.

:laugh:

These were prolly not lol, Banquet brand lol. But for .80 cents I had dinner! lol

Hey Fash, I never had back from ya on what I should do with my leftovers. I heard turkey soup is a real good choice.

Tomorrow I shall roast that turkey, and I'll freeze whatever I can.

For the white meat try Mediterranean turkey..

Soup or stir fry for the dark meat.

I've never had turkey soup before, Im thinking its a Northern thing.

Well, my turkey was still partly frozen, even after 5 days. So for the family meal I had to grab some rotisserie chickens lol. Had cornbread stuffing, that she made, which flopped lol. Also had green bean casserole, homemade mac and cheese, and rolls. I didnt make a couple things, cause it felt like there was plenty of food for the 6 of us.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "kiebers"https://i.imgur.com/dJNoCLn.jpg?1">

Old Blazor will get a hard on from this. He likes his desserts.

LOL...he knows how special my cookies can be/are.... ac_cool

Yes they are!  :thumbup:

Anonymous

You should eat better

They have to be healthy.

These were prolly not lol, Banquet brand lol. But for .80 cents I had dinner! lol

Hey Fash, I never had back from ya on what I should do with my leftovers. I heard turkey soup is a real good choice.

Well, my turkey was still partly frozen, even after 5 days. So for the family meal I had to grab some rotisserie chickens lol. Had cornbread stuffing, that she made, which flopped lol. Also had green bean casserole, homemade mac and cheese, and rolls. I didnt make a couple things, cause it felt like there was plenty of food for the 6 of us.

Turkey soup is delicious....much better than chicken soup..

Why did your cornbread stuffing flop?

kiebers

I understand the flop part, my cornbread dressing wasn't the best, but that was because of the recipe I used. It was still tasty. I will definitely decrease the corn meal and increase the flour. It was better the second time we ate it. Made two 9 x 13 casseroles and one 9 inch square. The larger ones taste much better than the 9 inch square.

The cookies however, were not a flop.  :wink:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I understand the flop part, my cornbread dressing wasn't the best, but that was because of the recipe I used. It was still tasty. I will definitely decrease the corn meal and increase the flour. It was better the second time we ate it. Made two 9 x 13 casseroles and one 9 inch square. The larger ones taste much better than the 9 inch square.

The problem was with the cornbread itself?

kiebers

Yes. Texture was off and it seemed a little more bland than it should have based on what we put in it.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Yes. Texture was off and it seemed a little more bland than it should have based on what we put in it.

I'm going to try making some cornbread stuffing for Christmas.

Blazor

You should eat better

They have to be healthy.

I honestly couldnt tell ya since she made it lol, but I would assume it may of been where the package says fluff with fork, and she was stirring with a spatula, into a paste  :laugh:

Blazor

I hate then when making something new lol, but we learn!

Im sure those cookies were, dare I say.... the bomb lol. (yeah I went old school there lol)

Anonymous

You should eat better

They have to be healthy.

I honestly couldnt tell ya since she made it lol, but I would assume it may of been where the package says fluff with fork, and she was stirring with a spatula, into a paste  :laugh:

I'm going to try making a little cornbread stuffing for Christmas.

Blazor

You should eat better

They have to be healthy.

I'm going to try making a little cornbread stuffing for Christmas.

I wish you the best of luck lol. Maybe make a pre batch before Christmas lol.

kiebers

The cornbread recipe I used called for 2 cups of cornmeal and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Next time I will use 1.5 cornmeal and 2 flour.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/southern-style-cornbread-3054179">https://www.thespruceeats.com/southern- ... ad-3054179">https://www.thespruceeats.com/southern-style-cornbread-3054179

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"The cornbread recipe I used called for 2 cups of cornmeal and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Next time I will use 1.5 cornmeal and 2 flour.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/southern-style-cornbread-3054179">https://www.thespruceeats.com/southern- ... ad-3054179">https://www.thespruceeats.com/southern-style-cornbread-3054179

Thank you very much kiebers.

ac_smile

Anonymous

I can't wait to make cornbread and use it for some of our stuffing.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I can't wait to make cornbread and use it for some of our stuffing.

ac_dance

I sorta had cornbread last night, but it was wrapped around a hotdog lol.... I had corndogs  :laugh: